Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JASON BROWN LATEST

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:15 pm

brewer918 wrote:sorry but to even be in a premiership team you have to some quality!!

Titus Bramble.

You have no possible response to that... :lol:

Re: " JASON BROWN LATEST "

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Biography:

Wales international goalkeeper joined Rovers on a four-year deal from Gillingham in June 2006.

His debut in a Rovers shirt was a memorable one, replacing the injured Brad Friedel at half time during Rovers' match against Wigan Athletic at Ewood Park in 2006, Brown made a superb penalty save, stopping the follow-up too.

An able deputy to Paul Robinson, Jason has played in some key games including the draw with Chelsea and the 1-0 win over Burnley this past season.

Signed a new contract with the club in January 2008 that sees him contracted to Rovers until the summer of 2011.

September 2010 saw Brown join Championship club Leeds United on a month long loan deal.

Season 2010 - 11

Leyton Orient
Competition Apps
(as sub) Goals Yellow
Cards Red
Cards
League 3 (0) 0 0 0
FA Cup 2 (0) 0 0 0

Leeds
Competition Apps
(as sub) Goals Yellow
Cards Red
Cards
League 3 (1) 0 1 0

Career History:
Club Season Comp. Apps
(as sub) Goals
Blackburn 2009 - 10 League 3 (1) 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0
League Cup 3 (0) 0
Blackburn 2008 - 09 League 3 (1) 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0
League Cup 1 (1) 0
Blackburn 2006 - 07 League 0 (1) 0
Gillingham 2005 - 06 League 39 (0) 0
League Cup 2 (0) 0
Gillingham 2004 - 05 League 16 (0) 0
League Cup 1 (0) 0
Gillingham 2003 - 04 League 22 (0) 0
League Cup 3 (0) 0
Gillingham 2002 - 03 League 39 (0) 0
FA Cup 3 (0) 0
League Cup 2 (0) 0
Gillingham 2001 - 02 League 10 (0) 0

Re: JASON BROWN LATEST

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 pm

nerd wrote:
brewer918 wrote:sorry but to even be in a premiership team you have to some quality!!

Titus Bramble.

when he's good he's good but when he's slighlty off he's shocking!! :D (plays well 1 in 20 games)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 pm

brewer918 wrote:
nerd wrote:

Titus Bramble.

when he's good he's good but when he's slighlty off he's shocking!! :D (plays well 1 in 20 games)

got to give it to you nerd.

you aint giving up on this debate :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Nerd!

I'm not saying that I'm not worried or concerned about Brown's lack of match practice, but we need a back up goalie and if he's the best that is currently available, then we should get behind him and welcome him! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Nerd!

I'm not saying that I'm not worried or concerned about Brown's lack of match practice, but we need a back up goalie and if he's the best that is currently available, then we should get behind him and welcome him! :ayatollah:

I'm behind anybody during games.

Match practise isn't the issue - he's consistently over the seasons barely played with little interest in him. Loan spells this season, neither Leeds fans nor Orient fans rated him particularly well.

I'm not going to sit on the fence and not express my concerns... the signing truly worries me if it was the best signing DJ could get in and more importantly, concerns me about the nature of Heaton's injury if we needed to get someone like Brown in ASAP.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

nerd wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Nerd!

I'm behind anybody during games.

Match practise isn't the issue - he's consistently over the seasons barely played with little interest in him. Loan spells this season, neither Leeds fans nor Orient fans rated him particularly well.

I'm not going to sit on the fence and not express my concerns... the signing truly worries me if it was the best signing DJ could get in and more importantly, concerns me about the nature of Heaton's injury if we needed to get someone like Brown in ASAP.

Think it's more to do with Marshall's injury than Heaton's tbh and the fact that our only other option Santiago, has apparently got a broken finger!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:03 pm

wheres casper schmichael these days? is he first choice...

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm

I Welcome anyone who wants to play for our Club,and JB sounds like he wants to be here.
There were other keepers out there who are number 2 and 3 at their clubs,who have played in the Prem'League.
Would their wages have been too much?? Did they want 1st team football??

I spent part of my day looking at which clubs had good back up's to their number 1 keeper.

If you take away the so called top 6 who might need their keepers for Euopean games,along with the games to be played in the Prem' League.

Look at Stoke they have as their number 2 and 3 Carlo Nash and Thomas Sorensen.

Welcome Jason,If you get your chance don't let us down ;)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 pm

There's no pleasing some people... Our 2nd choice keeper needs surgery so we've moved quickly to bring a replacement, and that's what he is a replacement for our 2nd choice keeper, he's an experienced keeper who's trained week in week out with an established premier lge side, so if he gets the nod 1 game if heatons injured he can step up better than a young goalkeeper without experience can. Our no1 keeper even though dodgy at near post is playing well so at the moment all we need is back up. To please some people my contact has told me that we tried to loan pepe reina terms were agreed but he passed the medical 100%, fit and injury free so we pulled out haha! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:25 am

For christ sake some fans are ridiculous. It looks like we have signed a new player in Jason Brown and everyone is being negative and slating the guy. He is a Cardiff City player now and he should get 100% support from all of us fans. Personally, I think that he is a pretty good keeper, I know he has not played for Blackburn much, but for the past few years they have had quality number 1's. I remember he played a few games in a row for Blackburn in the Prem last year and in his first match in a while he started off a bit shaky and made a mistake or two but after that he settled down and made some terrific saves, and at the end of his 3-4 game spell as Number 1, he proved that he is a good goalkeeper. For the guy who mentioned that no club has ever paid a transfer fee for him, the reason for this is because he left his first club Gillingham, as he wanted to move to a bigger club so he rejected their offer of a new contract, and he signed on a free for Blackburn - which is his second and only other permanent club, he has however been on loan at other clubs. I remember when we signed Jay Bothroyd and most people were not impressed at all as they thought that he was past it and he scores hardly any goals. How wrong have they been? Bothroyd has been one of our best players since he has been at the club, and he is playing his best football of his career. We should all welcome Jason to the club and wish him the best and will him to succeed at our club. Why does it always seem that we want any new signing that we make to fail? We are far to quick to judge in my opinion us City fans, personally I don't think you can judge new players coming into the squad in 1 game, if players are here for a long period of time then they must be given time to settle in and gel with the other players, I feel that after a new signing has played 10+ games then you can judge them. It's pathetic, it really is.

Welcome to the club Jason. Do the Ayatollah!!!!!! Do the Ayatollah!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:27 am

Valleybluebird wrote:There's no pleasing some people... Our 2nd choice keeper needs surgery so we've moved quickly to bring a replacement, and that's what he is a replacement for our 2nd choice keeper, he's an experienced keeper who's trained week in week out with an established premier lge side, so if he gets the nod 1 game if heatons injured he can step up better than a young goalkeeper without experience can. Our no1 keeper even though dodgy at near post is playing well so at the moment all we need is back up. To please some people my contact has told me that we tried to loan pepe reina terms were agreed but he passed the medical 100%, fit and injury free so we pulled out haha! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Finally, someone talking some sense. I completely agree mate.

Bloooooooooooooooobirds

:ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:wheres casper schmichael these days? is he first choice...

Leeds and yes he his !

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 am

My mate and I were talking about him a few weeks back and said how we felt he used to be a quality keeper but had not fulfilled his potential. I don't blame him for speaking to Doncaster and, to be honest, I am slightly surprised he's chosen us given Heaton's no.1 stability. Still, welcome Jason!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

so bearing this in mind then would Kirkland have come here as 2nd choice too ........ I was under the impression Heaton is injured and may have been benched for the nxt game ?? :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 am

I wouldnt be surprised if Brown is in goal Saturday

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28269535/

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 pm

For the people who are, very reasonably, questioning this signing, I ask you this:

WHO ELSE IS THERE?

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:45 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:For the people who are, very reasonably, questioning this signing, I ask you this:

WHO ELSE IS THERE?

Correct Dave, Who else is there,who is also willing to play 2nd to Heaton, I am very happy to have Brown back up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Carroll is but one name, with experience. Long term, no, with Heaton and Marshall on the books, but short term cover, yes.

I'd like Brown to be fantastic, and I believe that chances are he may very well not play.

But... let's get realistic. For the one talking about Blackburn, who was Blackburn manger? One Mark Hughes. Since then, Brown has been firmly on the bench, a cheap number 2. What's more telling for me is that when he has been loaned this year, Leeds fans felt he was poor. Orient fans felt he was poor. Should that just totally be glossed over and forgotten, ignored?

Equally, does anyone realistically have great confidence in Jones' ability to spot a decent keeper? Dimi, anyone?

IF he has to play and IF he does well, fantastic. I'll be a very happy bunny.

IF he has to play and makes mistakes, costs us in any way shape or form, then that's going to hurt.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:53 pm

And indeed, going back to Gillingham. he may well have wanted to go to a bigger team, can't fault that. The move to Blackburn was baffling for a lot of people - when he left Gillingham, he wasn't even first choice there...

Everything in his history, loan spells smacks of not good enough. I can only hope, as I've said, if he plays I get proven wrong. I'd love to be wrong in numerous ways - everything in DJ's history screams of us blowing it this season.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

More cover the better

Welcome Jason

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:More cover the better

Welcome Jason

Well Said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:00 pm

nerd wrote:And indeed, going back to Gillingham. he may well have wanted to go to a bigger team, can't fault that. The move to Blackburn was baffling for a lot of people - when he left Gillingham, he wasn't even first choice there...

Everything in his history, loan spells smacks of not good enough. I can only hope, as I've said, if he plays I get proven wrong. I'd love to be wrong in numerous ways - everything in DJ's history screams of us blowing it this season.

There's a lot of smacking and screaming there nerd and I don't like it! :D

I will admit there is a strong part of me thinking 'we've been here before' and we have. You've got to keep the faith though. I think Brown could do a job and he's seemed decent when he has played. We won't be getting another Kasper Schmeichel at this stage so for what is available there could be worse and I'd rather him than Kirkland if I'm honest.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:53 pm

annis why didnt he sign till the end of the season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:annis why didnt he sign till the end of the season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im not annis :lol:

but we will but it will be a month by month basis

as its an energency loan

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

oh ok so he is here till the end of the season its just hes signing month by month? :? :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:oh ok so he is here till the end of the season its just hes signing month by month? :? :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no it will just be extended month by month :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 pm

if he does well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:38 pm

earnieblue wrote:Once he puts on our shirt he gets 100% support off me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Welcome

agree there, this is what messageboards are for, we can, discuss players form, the club, etc, on here, but if a player wears a city shirt, we give him our support,,,,,,, and lets face it, what do we know,,99% of us on here would have kicked hudson into touch ,long ago, but, dj, saw something in hudson and kept faith in him, :ayatollah: