Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LAST NIGHT AND THE ATMOSPHERE

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Under 7,000 and Best Atmosphere yet in the New Stadium, NO ARRESTS and CARDIFF FANS were praised by Dave Jones, Steve Borley and the players for their Support and Backing.

During the first half Wayne Nash stood there watching us, then the stewards were sent over to tell everyone to sit down and be a bit calmer and Quiter, they were laughing when they were saying it. But they said were only doing our Job.

Today they have decided to close nearly Quarter of the NINIAN STAND, Not because Leicester are bringing many fans but because Our Stadium Managers wants it to be a Quiter Stadium.

For the first time in 37 years of having a Season Ticket, I am seriously thinking of getting my money back and just going to ALL AWAY GAMES,and just become a glory fan for the home games.

OUR CLUB IS STARTING TO BECOME A JOKE BRISTOL CITY FANS SHOWED THAT WITH A BANNER SAYING PAY YOUR TAXS, WELL WE ARE RUN BY JOKERS and PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE THE REAL CITY FANS.

I LOVE OUR CLUB BUT PLEASE DONT RUIN THE ATMOSPHERE.

Re: LAST NIGHT AND THE ATMOSPHERE

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm

If they want a quieter stadium then they can f**k off somewhere else.

Football is becoming a joke now. There was a time when you looked forward to the next game as soon as you had got over your hangover from the game before.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I dont understand what Nash is hoping to achieve, in a few weeks time we`ll play Leicester in the league, and them sections will be full of season ticket holders mainly..
This beggers belief.. :(

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Nash why don't you just f**k off and take the Riddler with you,the both of you are killing our club very slowly

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

This is not the first time Nash has targeting a certain group of fans. I believe he has an agenda against a few of our supporters and, historically, his own words would corroborate what my view. This reflects poorly on the club and I think at a time, when the club needs everybody on side, and a time when Ridsdale needs all the support he can get, this is a terrible decision from the powers that be. Not that it's unusual for the club.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

I can't believe that they are doing this. Not only are they bleeding our club of all our money but now they want to drain the atmosphere too. It wasn't even as if we were chanting anything that was directed to PR or to the board.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:02 pm

ackers1927 wrote:I can't believe that they are doing this. Not only are they bleeding our club of all our money but now they want to drain the atmosphere too. It wasn't even as if we were chanting anything that was directed to PR or to the board.

We Never did any Anti PR Songs, WE JUST BACKED OUR TEAM for 94 Minutes. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:I can't believe that they are doing this. Not only are they bleeding our club of all our money but now they want to drain the atmosphere too. It wasn't even as if we were chanting anything that was directed to PR or to the board.

We Never did any Anti PR Songs, WE JUST BACKED OUR TEAM for 94 Minutes. :ayatollah:
not yet anyway but ...................................... :lol:

what rhymes with nash??? :twisted:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Was nearer 97 :D

I watched the game on s4c and thought the atmosphere was superb, especially given the crowd.

Still don't understand the commentary though.

One thing - was Hartson speaking half English half Welsh afterwards?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm

I don't know Nash, so don't know what his feelings are.

BUT

Isn't there a chance that it's not his fault? If the club have been told that unless the fans sit down, we'll be fined, or have the capacity cut, he's got to be seen to be doing something to try and make it happen. It's his job. He might not like it any more than we do.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Your right it was nearly 97 minutes :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

not yet anyway but ...................................... :lol:

what rhymes with nash??? :twisted:

CASH...The riddlers fav word.. :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:[quote="ackers1927"]I can't believe that they are doing this. Not only are they bleeding our club of all our money but now they want to drain the atmosphere too. It wasn't even as if we were chanting anything that was directed to PR or to the board.

</BR>
</BR>We Never did any Anti PR Songs, WE JUST BACKED OUR TEAM for 94 Minutes. :ayatollah:[/quote]

That's right annis backed out team 100%. We could have had flags with "risdale out" sung the same had a protest before and after the game but we repected Borley and didn't. And they still do this, what are they going to do if that time comes close the ground off completely :D
Or better still keep moving us around the ground until we are sitting right next to them, that would be fun :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:45 pm

f**k him if he wants it quiet! Lets keep the atmosphere going!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Under 7,000 and Best Atmosphere yet in the New Stadium, NO ARRESTS and CARDIFF FANS were praised by Dave Jones, Steve Borley and the players for their Support and Backing.

During the first half Wayne Nash stood there watching us, then the stewards were sent over to tell everyone to sit down and be a bit calmer and Quiter, they were laughing when they were saying it. But they said were only doing our Job.

Today they have decided to close nearly Quarter of the NINIAN STAND, Not because Leicester are bringing many fans but because Our Stadium Managers wants it to be a Quiter Stadium.

For the first time in 37 years of having a Season Ticket, I am seriously thinking of getting my money back and just going to ALL AWAY GAMES,and just become a glory fan for the home games.

OUR CLUB IS STARTING TO BECOME A JOKE BRISTOL CITY FANS SHOWED THAT WITH A BANNER SAYING PAY YOUR TAXS, WELL WE ARE RUN BY JOKERS and PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE THE REAL CITY FANS.

Hang on now before everybody goes mental, is this true or is it an opinion? Because I can't see any benefit in Wayne Nash wanting a quieter stadium, especially as the only reason it was louder was because the home fans were next to the away-a situation that will be reversed at the next league game anyway so surely he'd just tough it out for the cup games if that was the case.

There must be reasons for it (and I probably won't agree with them, I want a hostile atmosphere as much as anybody) but I doubt it's that he wants a quieter stadium. Maybe H&S rules say people have to sit, they're letting standing go in the Canton fair do's but maybe the deal was they clamp down on other areas? I'm just guessing, but a lot of people on here hang on your every word Annis and making them think that it's a one man campaign to have a quiet stadium is going to drive them absolutely f**king wild-look at the replies already :o

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

delmbox wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Under 7,000 and Best Atmosphere yet in the New Stadium, NO ARRESTS and CARDIFF FANS were praised by Dave Jones, Steve Borley and the players for their Support and Backing.

Hang on now before everybody goes mental, is this true or is it an opinion? Because I can't see any benefit in Wayne Nash wanting a quieter stadium, especially as the only reason it was louder was because the home fans were next to the away-a situation that will be reversed at the next league game anyway so surely he'd just tough it out for the cup games if that was the case.

There must be reasons for it (and I probably won't agree with them, I want a hostile atmosphere as much as anybody) but I doubt it's that he wants a quieter stadium. Maybe H&S rules say people have to sit, they're letting standing go in the Canton fair do's but maybe the deal was they clamp down on other areas? I'm just guessing, but a lot of people on here hang on your every word Annis and making them think that it's a one man campaign to have a quiet stadium is going to drive them absolutely f**king wild-look at the replies already :o

Delbox, Its Facts and its ALL TRUE, But your Welcome to your Opinion, even though I dont agree with you, I wouldnt put it on here otherwise, I have bought my tickets for E24, But Corky, Gwyn etc etc all started phoning me So I checked it out for them.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
delmbox wrote:

Delbox, Its Facts and its ALL TRUE, But your Welcome to your Opinion, even though I dont agree with you, I wouldnt put it on here otherwise, I have bought my tickets for E24, But Corky, Gwyn etc etc all started phoning me So I checked it out for them.

No mate I'm not suggesting that the fact the block is closed isn't true, I have no doubt that it is. I was just saying maybe the reason you said for that (Nash wanting a quieter stadium) may not be-maybe there's other reasons why he's decided to close the block, like H&S pressure or something

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Delbox,
The Police have said its not their idea its the Clubs idea, every person I ask say its Nash idea, but Nash wont return my phone calls.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Delbox,
The Police have said its not their idea its the Clubs idea, every person I ask say its Nash idea, but Nash wont return my phone calls.

he probrably knows how pissed everyone is with him,including you :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Delbox,

Then Nash is a gimp :twisted:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Our stadium will end up like the DW soon. The fans will go because we are being run by liars! and that the atmosphere will be dead because of the way of the club is run! WE ARE A JOKE!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:24 pm

During the first half Wayne Nash stood there watching us, then the stewards were sent over to tell everyone to sit down and be a bit calmer and Quiet, they were laughing when they were saying it. But they said were only doing our Job.

Today they have decided to close nearly Quarter of the NINIAN STAND, Not because Leicester are bringing many fans but because Our Stadium Managers wants it to be a Quitter Stadium.

No Annis no the likes of you and me and the thousands who support our club we should not be the ones to leave. The likes of Nash and the board apart from Steve Borley should go. Now we still know how to be intimidating next time you see that tosser make sure the whole end turns there anger on him. Keep the faith chief when the above mentioned are gone we will still be here .They are the ones wanting to destroy this club but we have to make sure they dont. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:27 pm

nashy dos,nt want true screamin supporters,remember he labelled us in block a in the ninian as undisirables,the cheeky c--t :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 pm

[
There must be reasons for it (and I probably won't agree with them, I want a hostile atmosphere as much as anybody) but I doubt it's that he wants a quieter stadium. Maybe H&S rules say people have to sit, they're letting standing go in the Canton fair do's but maybe the deal was they clamp down on other areas? I'm just guessing, but a lot of people on here hang on your every word Annis and making them think that it's a one man campaign to have a quiet stadium is going to drive them absolutely f**king wild-look at the replies already :o[/quote]

I watched a recording of the Manc Derby last night and everwhere you looked on all sides of the ground the supporters were standing !! At a lot of the grounds you see the same thing its not exclusive to us. We the supporters and i mean of all clubs should say f**k this this is our game you are destroying and stand up everybody everywhere. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:35 pm

what a miserable prick, if hes a true bluebird he should want a fanatical atmosphere like the rest of us

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Mr Davies wrote:This is not the first time Nash has targeting a certain group of fans. I believe he has an agenda against a few of our supporters and, historically, his own words would corroborate what my view. This reflects poorly on the club and I think at a time, when the club needs everybody on side, and a time when Ridsdale needs all the support he can get, this is a terrible decision from the powers that be. Not that it's unusual for the club.

Your right there I was involved in the creation of the Canton Ultras with the idea being to have flag waving, balloons, overhead banners etc in the Canton stand primarily but to try and get a group of fans together to ensure that the stadium atmosphere does not die a death. We managed to surf the giant flag which is now stored in the trust office if anyone wants to surf it, however we were hit by all angles from stewards , they banned flag poles, confiscated balloons, had words with our lads in the stands etc etc essentially corky got involved and nearly lost his job over it. The reality is they dont want singing,standing and are hell bent on turning this club into a family , no singing, clap clap ground. Many lads are already walking away and sadly last night and the over-reaction is another example. It is very worrying indeed and when Annis states he would rather do away matches many of us now echo his sentiments.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:24 pm

I bought my Leicester tickets and was not allowed to have my season ticket seat because I am in E24. I asked if it will be open for the Doncaster game and I was told that it is only for the Leicester game.

Is this true or is it shut long term?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 pm

If it carries on it wil end up with just 7,000 for league games coz most lads won't put up with shit from lil stewards,won't b able to talk down there soon it's a joke.let's make it noisier n more hostile they mite get bored n leaves us alone.or maybe not.can't even b vocal these days.away days beats home days

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:56 pm

NTB wrote:I bought my Leicester tickets and was not allowed to have my season ticket seat because I am in E24. I asked if it will be open for the Doncaster game and I was told that it is only for the Leicester game.

Is this true or is it shut long term?

Just the Leicester game, for now.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Ur right ther annis although there was just over 6000 of us there last night the atmosphere was good ,it was nice to have a good sing song and a little bit of banter i can't believe they are closing some of the stand,it's becoming a joke mate!! ;)