Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Idea to boost atmosphere at CCS

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Saw this in action at the San Siro and found it very effective - fan with loudspeaker at front of singing section 'orchestrating' chants??

Quite often it's the starting of them that's the problem at the CCS and then no-one bothers. If everyone knew the guy was there to help the team and we all got behind him, it might just work. He leans against fence / front wall facing the crowd and starts a different chant every time it goes quiet. Would obviously need bollocks to do it (or several beverages).

You only need him to do the first few lines, then he shuts up. Just an idea obviously, but I reckon it would work with the backing of all the fans.

*puts on hard hat to avoid MB flak*

Re: Idea to boost atmosphere at CCS

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Dont bother fella it wont happen .

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Wont get the Flak on here Arfur.

Very good idea and one I know that Gwyn has suggested to the club also, how do I know ? I was there :ayatollah:

Gwyn has some fantastic ideas and the more that the club receive or fans can come up with on the message board can only help.

keep them coming guys and hopefully between us all we will find a way to get the CCS rocking :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Hate ultra crap. Don't want to end up like Palace with the bloody ''composer'' shouting at people for singing different songs. :lol:

EDIT: Good to see people with ideas still coming though!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:09 pm

If I'm honest, it was actually done over the PA at the San Siro, but I think the effect would be the same.

NOTHING should be overlooked if it might help the team get that vital single point on our way to promotion.

And all the best ideas are scorned upon at first

;-)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 pm

We didn't use this at ninian, I HATE stuff like this, loadspeakers, drums etc, but I actually can honestly say perhaps it is for the best? I love an atmosphere, we aint getting one, and we need one!
Lets not rush into anything, next season, we'll have canton rocking, ninian will follow, as will family stand! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 pm

remember playoff semi last season
club provided mini flags, seemed to help
how about free plain scarves (not long-uns to keep costs dwn) for every 4th or 5th seat?
encourage the wavin of scarves, flying of flags
maybe play the welsh national anthem

an idea aswell as many fans are drinking downstairs until kick-off, how about playing songs downstairs to get everyone 'ready for war'

i heard from somewhere the idea of the canton being divided into north/south or east/west, and bantering each other, creates a competitive feeling and will make both sides louder
bring some fun back to the city!!

showing our best ever goals on screen could help to

our future fans are important so encouraging the youngsters in the fam stand to sing
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:42 pm

WE DEFINITELY NEED MORE FLAGS AND MORE NOISE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92yVO3ZnXcU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKy-g8wW ... re=related

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:21 am

Do you think your friendly, helpful and co-operative neighbourhood Steward would allow you to bring
a loudspeaker into the Stadium though? :?:

I'd do it myself, but I'd probably be told to sit down and stop making so much noise! :roll:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:49 am

but if the club are listening to ideas and allow this then the stewards can't do anything :ayatollah:

i'd love the canton to be jammed with people waving big flags and holding up scarfs as the players come out. people with banners with city legends on them and messages and then for the atmosphere to not stop
i know some people dont really want the ultra style atmosphere but it looks good and its taking over. in the next couple of seasons i think it will take hold of our fans.
its exciting :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:35 am

Why dont the City just allocate a designated area to everyone that wants to sing and chant with good will and just say enjoy and and get behind the Team, ITS shocking almost pathetic that our fans that are famous for our off the cuff chants and vocal support are practically begging for an atmosphere. FFS Cardiff City get a grip, You need Us as much as we love Cardiff City, and stop trying to make our home games a fek'''g family picnic, Im all for every type of supporter, Our Fans aint asking to be side by side with the away support like days gone by, what if everyone who wants to chant didnt buy a season ticket? and chose the games that should be vibrant, I mean even in the Prem theres still a fair share of sh'te fixtures, give us Our deserved designation and we will be there for the sh'te fixtures also. Get a grip City And stop making Your Fans a laughing stock to other clubs that could only envy our vocal support:old:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 am

Arfur Europe wrote:Saw this in action at the San Siro and found it very effective - fan with loudspeaker at front of singing section 'orchestrating' chants??

Quite often it's the starting of them that's the problem at the CCS and then no-one bothers. If everyone knew the guy was there to help the team and we all got behind him, it might just work. He leans against fence / front wall facing the crowd and starts a different chant every time it goes quiet. Would obviously need bollocks to do it (or several beverages).

You only need him to do the first few lines, then he shuts up. Just an idea obviously, but I reckon it would work with the backing of all the fans.

AN IDEA FOR THE CANTON STAND
by BigGwynram » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

I hope this takes off, because i would love to see one big packed mad end that gets the whole ground going, Julian is open and looking at loads of ideas and one that I'd like to see his to create two sections let's say the North side and the South side.

We could get them to compete against each other and try and make the most noise and best chants, but obviously all join in as well for the majority of times, it would be a way of replacing the standing next to away fans that whilst problematic does help to create atmosphere and noise.

The gantry up above the canton stand would be an ideal place to have a couple of loud and prouders with megaphones winding up their respective sections to out sing the other half. I'd love the old favourite " we're the North side, we're the North side we're the North side canton stand, then the .other side comes back with we're the South side, we're the South side we're the south side Canton stand.

And then the old can you hear the South side sing no, no, can you hear the south side sing no, no blah blah blah and then they respond,

COME ON LET'S GET IT DONE AND MAKE THIS THE PLACE TO BE.

BigGwynram

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 am

Arfur Europe wrote:Saw this in action at the San Siro and found it very effective - fan with loudspeaker at front of singing section 'orchestrating' chants??

When I first met Julian regarding the Atmosphere, that was one of the type of things he was on about and thats why it was sold to me, but by the time everything got to Wayne Nash and Gethin Jenkins everything got watered down, thats one of the reasons I gave up. Gethin Jenkins cant stand football banter etc .

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:22 am

This needs people like Gwyn to be strong with Our Club and put in demands regarding ATMOSPHERE, as personally in my opinion a GOOD ATMOSPHERE is GOOD FOR US the FANS and even BETTER FOR OUR PLAYERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:31 am

Man U fans were awesome again at Chelsea the other night as were both Rangers and Celtic fans last night .......... thats what its all about , constant noise and songs for the full 90 mins ! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:31 am

It’s a great idea but there is no chance it will see the light of day.

However, the principle shouldn’t be abandoned and instead of using a fan in front of the Canton/Ninian why not use a start up chant which is then followed by a series of known songs?

I would suggest the ‘Barmy Army’ chant but this is not universally popular because of its association with English Cricket and use by just about every other club.

Instead I would go with either ‘Blue Army’ or my preferred ‘Bluebird Army’ which would be repeated until the crowd is warmed up and then followed each time by MOH, You are my Cardiff, Pick & Shovel, Greatest team etc.

Eventually we would all know what song was coming next and join in but for now the club could help out by displaying song name only to be sang next on the scoreboard & big screen.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:36 am

Surely tho Tony its up to us the fans to decide what songs to sing and when and not Ali operating the scoreboard ? We have the fans and we have the songs .......... just need to get the old Ninian spirit going at the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

However, the principle shouldn’t be abandoned and instead of using a fan in front of the Canton/Ninian why not use a start up chant which is then followed by a series of known songs?

I would suggest the ‘Barmy Army’ chant but this is not universally popular because of its association with English Cricket and use by just about every other club.

Instead I would go with either ‘Blue Army’ or my preferred ‘Bluebird Army’ which would be repeated until the crowd is warmed up and then followed each time by MOH, You are my Cardiff, Pick & Shovel, Greatest team etc.

Eventually we would all know what song was coming next and join in but for now the club could help out by displaying song name only to be sang next on the scoreboard & big screen.

Not really kean on the displaying songs part, i would guess 75% of fans do not want to be told what to sing!

How about printing some of the chants / songs in the match day programme for the newbies?? :idea:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 am

I'm all for this, because its intentions to create atmosphere are noble. However, WE are Cardiff City. WE shouldn't have to resort to this, and I fear that some of the major factors will remain - people will still look at us in the Ninian like we are mentally deficient. The way the club have reacted in some aspects of this, such as attempting to move people to the Canton, smacks of betrayal - hence some of us will not move.

Remember, there's no point in having support from one stand - we need ALL of the ground rocking. I won't let my club be turned into the Gwent Dragons.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 am

this could be the answer lol,I think vince alm and the pitch and this is what we will get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 am

and we need scarves , flags , megafones because ?
we dont simple as every single game AWAY we get rocking without fail its not the ground (millwall , leeds proved that)
its not anything but the mentality every home game you instantly think shit atmo today before its kicked off therefore you dont get in the mood or wont to sing

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:52 am

every couple of weeks an atmosphere improving thread begins with all these ideas whirling around and nothing ever happens. I've heard some great ones on here but they will never happen as a couple of people shoot everyones ideas down but dont come up with anything themselves. Shame really

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:53 am

cityfan1982 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Not really kean on the displaying songs part, i would guess 75% of fans do not want to be told what to sing!

How about printing some of the chants / songs in the match day programme for the newbies?? :idea:

It's not intended to tell people what to sing, it's about making a routine so that everyone can join in as the main reason why fans don't join in is because they either don't know the song or what song is coming next.

I sit towards the front of the Ninian in 114 and most of us would like to join in, but by the time a song gets to us it has either died out or the Canton is singing another one.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 am

Get rid of the Ayatollah, Get rid of that awful der der der der der der der der der City effort that was pinched off Sheff Wed, get rid of the cringeworthy England is full of shit, and start songs about the Players, Past Players, the Club etc.....In the 80's we wold sing Come on you Blues, on kick off and through the game, get the old songs back and we might start getting an atmosphere again, we need some originality...

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:54 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:this could be the answer lol,I think vince alm and the pitch and this is what we will get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLxpMyh13g

If you look at the other videos to the right on the link above it says besiktas v liverpool in champion league world record of 132 decibles, it also says on the message below it will never be beaten until the next time the besiktas fans do it again :cry:

Granted the noise generated at ccs will never get to that level but think back to the leeds fa cup game in 2002, i would love to know how many decibles that reached as im pretty sure it came close to 132 if not beat it anybody else agree? The atmoshere that day was unreal and the likes we will sadly never see again, there was 22,000 rammed in the old lady that day but it sounded more like 122,000!

Ninian park gone but not forgotten :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:Get rid of the Ayatollah,

And that, that is where I stopped reading :)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:14 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:Get rid of the Ayatollah, Get rid of that awful der der der der der der der der der City effort that was pinched off Sheff Wed, get rid of the cringeworthy England is full of shit, and start songs about the Players, Past Players, the Club etc.....In the 80's we wold sing Come on you Blues, on kick off and through the game, get the old songs back and we might start getting an atmosphere again, we need some originality...

Quite the contradiction in saying we need originality but get rid of the ayatollah, that is what we r known for
I hear loadsa new songs etc and people who sing these get looked at as if theyre alien. In the old grange, if one person sang some random chant, witty or bad-mouthed, everyone else joined in
We were the best in the land at it
Now it seems its against the feckin law
Its up to all of us to get the whole ground up for it.
We need to tell the other stands to sing like we used to eg
Bob bank give us a song, bob bank bob bank give us a song, etc etc

That besiktas vid is brilliant, but no 1 would have guts to be the man orchestrating it and if they did, they would be ridiculed by half the ground who, quite frankly, before out f.a cup run, supported feckin utd or liverpool from their armchair
Welcome new ideas, welcome back old traditions
Get into em, f**k em up!!
Theres no problem at away games as we know, but the majority of fans attend the home games and we have made it a laughing stock throughout britain
Time to stand up boyos
Rant over :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 pm

cantonite wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:Get rid of the Ayatollah, Get rid of that awful der der der der der der der der der City effort that was pinched off Sheff Wed, get rid of the cringeworthy England is full of shit, and start songs about the Players, Past Players, the Club etc.....In the 80's we wold sing Come on you Blues, on kick off and through the game, get the old songs back and we might start getting an atmosphere again, we need some originality...

Quite the contradiction in saying we need originality but get rid of the ayatollah, that is what we r known for
I hear loadsa new songs etc and people who sing these get looked at as if theyre alien. In the old grange, if one person sang some random chant, witty or bad-mouthed, everyone else joined in
We were the best in the land at it
Now it seems its against the feckin law
Its up to all of us to get the whole ground up for it.
We need to tell the other stands to sing like we used to eg
Bob bank give us a song, bob bank bob bank give us a song, etc etc

That besiktas vid is brilliant, but no 1 would have guts to be the man orchestrating it and if they did, they would be ridiculed by half the ground who, quite frankly, before out f.a cup run, supported feckin utd or liverpool from their armchair
Welcome new ideas, welcome back old traditions
Get into em, f**k em up!!
Theres no problem at away games as we know, but the majority of fans attend the home games and we have made it a laughing stock throughout britain
Time to stand up boyos
Rant over :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Second that alllll the way!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:44 pm

In one of the games at the last season at Ninian Park there was a guy in the Lower Grandstand Block A who had his back to the game and was just encouraging the fans to sing. It was really impressive as he managed to get the chants spread from the Lower up to the Upper by pointing, smiling and raising his arms at the fans in the Upper until it was just one mental chorus of noise. Don't know who he was but proves there are people who have enough passion and guts to stand out and get things going.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 pm

DO THE AYATOLLAH TOMMMY ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: