Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Who Cares about the Welsh!"

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

..... These were the words uttered to me a few weeks back - by someone living in England

Their remarks, in all honesty, were said in jest. However to some, possibly some in London, why would they worry about Wales when they have their own English Constituencies to worry about.

As I presently live in England I am absolutely gutted that I cannot vote in this referendum. Had I been allowed to I would certainly have voted "Yes".

I believe that the Welsh People should decide how their money is spent and what laws suit Wales.

In my opinion this should not be decided by some London MP, possibly living in the North East, who has never been to Wales!

So whilst my subject heading was said in jest it does have some truth. There are many who do not care about us Welsh

Re: "Who Cares about the Welsh!"

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 pm

I will ask you a question.. Who subiudies Wales... yes England. we would never make it on our own.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:56 pm

I will be voting YES this afternoon. And for one reason, that we deserve to have the same rights as the rest of Britain. We currently don't have that, Scotland and Northern Ireland are miles ahead of us and if they can make their own policies we should be able to as well without England's OK. People mock the Welsh because we are always in England's shadow this is a chance to change that slightly, I hope everyone votes yes today! :ayatollah:

And before any funny fucker says it, I'm actually against Welsh Independence, I would never in a million years vote Plaid, I just believe we deserve to be treated fairly in Great Britain, instead of being the viewed as the inferior principality.

VOTE YES FOR WALES CARDIFF CITY FORUM! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:57 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:I will ask you a question.. Who subiudies Wales... yes England. we would never make it on our own.

As much as I wish we were independent, that question is such a long way from being asked in a referendum and has nothing to do with today's vote.
Today's vote is about cutting bureaucracy and not about Welsh independence.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Im voting NO - never have trusted any politicians - but the Yes vote will win quite easily I think. :cry: :cry:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Our National Industry is Love spoons and Super Ted!

We are reliant on Westminster. end of :cry:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 pm

placid-casual wrote:Our National Industry is Love spoons and Super Ted!

We are reliant on Westminster. end of :cry:

Hahahaha What a load of crap :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:47 pm

what was the voting for today?? :?

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Im voting NO - never have trusted any politicians - but the Yes vote will win quite easily I think. :cry: :cry:

Let's get rid of the corrupt bastards from Westminster then instead!!