Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE BAD NEWS "

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 pm

NO RAMBO RETURNING :cry:

There was a bit of Hope as even though Dave Jones did not bring Ramsey in the first place, Ramsey was gifted to Jones on a plate by Wenger and even Ramsey was told he was on his way to Cardiff, To be Fair to Jones for nearly 10 days now he has rang Arsenal virtually every day asking and trying to set up some type of contract to have Ramsey to the end of the Season and All terms would of been a Benefit to Arsenal, But Sadly its Finally a NO :cry: :cry:

But on the Bright side we had a CLASS PLAYER FOR A MONTH and NEVER LOST ONCE WHEN RAMSEY PLAYED and BEAT THE JACKS/LEICESTER and HULL C, 3 GOOD TEAMS.We finally had a good Midfield.

On the not so bright side, I believe we could now struggle in that department.

Re: " THE BAD NEWS "

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 pm

:( :(

do you think we will replace him?

that department needs stregnthing

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:00 pm

The lad is quality

Has so much time on the ball
Wish him the best for the future

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:00 pm

I Would stick JET in the middle big strong and likes getting forwaed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:01 pm

glammy74 wrote::( :(

do you think we will replace him?

that department needs stregnthing

Be vey very hard to, just seen how we struggled to get even a fairly good goal keeper at this stage of the Season.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NO RAMBO RETURNING :cry:

There was a bit of Hope as even though Dave Jones did not bring Ramsey in the first place, Ramsey was gifted to Jones on a plate by Wenger and even Ramsey was told he was on his way to Cardiff, To be Fair to Jones for nearly 10 days now he has rang Arsenal virtually every day asking and trying to set up some type of contract to have Ramsey to the end of the Season and All terms would of been a Benefit to Arsenal, But Sadly its Finally a NO :cry: :cry:

But on the Bright side we had a CLASS PLAYER FOR A MONTH and NEVER LOST ONCE WHEN RAMSEY PLAYED and BEAT THE JACKS/LEICESTER and HULL C, 3 GOOD TEAMS.We finally had a good Midfield.

well yes we miss ramsey but if we can't cope without him is are squad as good as we think it is. rest of players got to step up now, kinda glad it over with no was cooking my head ramsey sarga

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:04 pm

oh well looks like Whitts and Mc Failure then in centre MF for Sat ........ which leaves JET and Bellamy for the other 2 in MF , personally after the Hull game id put JET left and Bellers on the right ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Thats means whitts will be back playing in the middle :twisted:

Any truth in the Collison rumours then Annis ?

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:The lad is quality

Has so much time on the ball
Wish him the best for the future

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

bluebirds23 wrote:

well yes we miss ramsey but if we can't cope without him is are squad as good as we think it is. rest of players got to step up now, kinda glad it over with no was cooking my head ramsey sarga

Rob, We should be good enough without him as its a Class Squad, But the Difference is RAMSEY WAS WORLD CLASS FOR THIS DIVISION .

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:07 pm

At least we had him when we did. THANKS AARON :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Rob, We should be good enough without him as its a Class Squad, But the Difference is RAMSEY WAS WORLD CLASS FOR THIS DIVISION .

time for the other players to show what they got then

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I hope DJ has a plan now Ramsey is not returning. All eggs in one basket again?

Back on Feb 11th I said, "I know it's early with Ramsey but I hope DJ hasn't underestimated the upheaval and problems we could have when Ramsey is moved from the team. It will be like blooding a new midfield again and could affect results."

Please tell me DJ was also aware that this could have happened.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Before we had Ramsey we were all confident of promotion so business as usual. Real shame he is not coming back but I think we will be ok. Lets hope Mcphail and Koumas can step up and carry on Rambo's good work.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:22 pm

THE DON wrote:Before we had Ramsey we were all confident of promotion so business as usual. Real shame he is not coming back but I think we will be ok. Lets hope Mcphail and Koumas can step up and carry on Rambo's good work.

spot on don, you would hope koumas would have a say but has he got confidence do to do so :cry:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:I hope DJ has a plan now Ramsey is not returning. All eggs in one basket again?

Back on Feb 11th I said, "I know it's early with Ramsey but I hope DJ hasn't underestimated the upheaval and problems we could have when Ramsey is moved from the team. It will be like blooding a new midfield again and could affect results."

Please tell me DJ was also aware that this could have happened.

Wayne, Deep down DJ knew it was going to be a battle to keep Ramsey, so he should be well prepared for Ramsey's Departure.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:25 pm

THE DON wrote:Before we had Ramsey we were all confident of promotion so business as usual. Real shame he is not coming back but I think we will be ok. Lets hope Mcphail and Koumas can step up and carry on Rambo's good work.

McPhail has been here for 5 seasons now and has never stepped up to the mark.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

spot on don, you would hope koumas would have a say but has he got confidence do to do so :cry:

Difficult to say whether Koumas can make an impact. Occasionally we have seen glimpses of the quality he used to possess but not really enough to fill anyone with confidence.

Mcphail on his day is a great midfield player. He needs to keep a tab on his rage though! He has a tendancy of getting over excited :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:30 pm

THE DON wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Difficult to say whether Koumas can make an impact. Occasionally we have seen glimpses of the quality he used to possess but not really enough to fill anyone with confidence.

Mcphail on his day is a great midfield player. He needs to keep a tab on his rage though! He has a tendancy of getting over excited :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm

good points re macphail hasnt been able to do what we need for 5 yrs, our midfield is way way to lightweight and now we have oly injured too?
bye bye promotion....looks like the jacks will have 2nd spot as much as it pains me to say. Our midfield has cost us for years and years and i cant see it being any different. gutted.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:50 pm

KOUMAS WILL STEP FORWARD :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm

i think we will now struggle,full stop :( ,god i hope im wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

goats wrote:good points re macphail hasnt been able to do what we need for 5 yrs, our midfield is way way to lightweight and now we have oly injured too?
bye bye promotion....looks like the jacks will have 2nd spot as much as it pains me to say. Our midfield has cost us for years and years and i cant see it being any different. gutted.

Hang on mate no need to throw the towell in just yet!!

We may look lightweight without Oly but the team can adapt to cope, besides that, he should be back in a week or so. The other teams around will also suffer injuries, just look at Forest. All to play for, keep the faith! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Hopefully McPhail kept a keen eye on the way Ramsey played and trained and has maybe learnt something new to add to his game and can do a great job in midfield for us

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:02 pm

I would honestly look at playing Darcy or Matthews in the middle. I know Jones won't consider it now but we just need some mindless bite in the middle with Whittingham sweeping up the damage. In Oli's absence that is.

Whoever starts there though, we MUST give them our full nothing support from the off. Nothing less will do. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:16 pm

time for Mcphail to play his part, would rather him than whitts in the centre tbh. I think Mcphail can keep our push for promotion going but obviously ramsey is going to be missed greatly

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:35 pm

jinks-rct wrote:KOUMAS WILL STEP FORWARD :ayatollah:

Now we are talking, King Jas to see us through :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:38 pm

I have never understood the constant slagging off of mcphail. Dont get me wrong hes not ramsey but hes a good distibutor of the ball and a very clever player. come on lads lets be confident mcphails got all the experience and the now how to more than play his part in our promotion push from here in! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Zabier wrote:I would honestly look at playing Darcy or Matthews in the middle. I know Jones won't consider it now but we just need some mindless bite in the middle with Whittingham sweeping up the damage. In Oli's absence that is.

Whoever starts there though, we MUST give them our full nothing support from the off. Nothing less will do. :ayatollah:

Matthews isn't a central midfielder.

Blake isn't a footballer. It's all very well wanting his "bite" in there, but give he can't pass the ballm, doesn't really help when all you've done is given the opposition the ball back 5 yards away.