Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE BAD NEWS "

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm

nerd wrote:
Zabier wrote:I would honestly look at playing Darcy or Matthews in the middle. I know Jones won't consider it now but we just need some mindless bite in the middle with Whittingham sweeping up the damage. In Oli's absence that is.

Whoever starts there though, we MUST give them our full nothing support from the off. Nothing less will do. :ayatollah:

Matthews isn't a central midfielder.

Blake isn't a footballer. It's all very well wanting his "bite" in there, but give he can't pass the ballm, doesn't really help when all you've done is given the opposition the ball back 5 yards away.

He hasn't played central midfield but he has all the attributes to be a decent central midfielder. Like I said, it's redundant saying it now because he's a short horse waiting a move to Celtic but why didn't we re-train him for other positions whilst he wasn't getting in the squad? No offence to him but he's not a right back. Too defensively vulnerable.

As for the Blake comment, isn't that basically Oli as well though??? I don't think I've seen him string a pass together more than once. Having one destructive central midfielder and one creative central midfielder is a great balance. Given our other options what would you go for? Taking into account the possibility of an injured Oli.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Ramsey will be missed he was exceptional when here.

But as usual an overreaction above, he played here for just over about two month. We were in the top 2 without him earlier in the season so to suggest it's all over now it madness.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ramsey will be missed he was exceptional when here.

But as usual an overreaction above, he played here for just over about two month. We were in the top 2 without him earlier in the season so to suggest it's all over now it madness.

well said :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ramsey will be missed he was exceptional when here.

Absolutely right Aaron was at the club for 35 days and although he made a great contribution it's over so back to the rest of the players who had kept us in the top 2 for nearly 4 months.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Mcphail is under sized and week but can pick a good pass.

If it's him and Whitts in nthe midfield Ipswich will bully us out of the midfield battle and we will prob lose. I'd sooner play Rae and Ibby Farrah. Play whiits on the left.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Mcphail is under sized and week but can pick a good pass.

If it's him and Whitts in nthe midfield Ipswich will bully us out of the midfield battle and we will prob lose. I'd sooner play Rae and Ibby Farrah. Play whiits on the left.

TBH I thought that about McPhail and Rambo but they done well at Hull.
I do agree tho WItts and McPhail is even more lightweight, personally even tho it pains me to say it I think I would go with Rae

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:21 pm

steve mcphail is a good player, he's just a bit too erratic and thats not what we need just now. He will get sent off at some point i guarantee it just like he has before in big games. I just fear we will go back to being a bit lightweight like we were pre xmas. in saying that our defence is a shitload better nowadays. I just reckon if we had rambo it was nailed on, now its back to dodgy dave jones tactics etc.....we shall see tho. i bet the jacks are buzzing on the news.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

goats wrote:steve mcphail is a good player, he's just a bit too erratic and thats not what we need just now. He will get sent off at some point i guarantee it just like he has before in big games. I just fear we will go back to being a bit lightweight like we were pre xmas. in saying that our defence is a shitload better nowadays. I just reckon if we had rambo it was nailed on, now its back to dodgy dave jones tactics etc.....we shall see tho. i bet the jacks are buzzing on the news.

why is it always dj's fault?was rambo picking the side when he was here?the swans need to worry bout who they play,not us

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Losing Ramsey and basically our midfield could be the difference between the top 2 and play-offs.
The other midfielders will have to step up to the mark now. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:50 pm

madmax wrote:I have never understood the constant slagging off of mcphail. Dont get me wrong hes not ramsey but hes a good distibutor of the ball and a very clever player. come on lads lets be confident mcphails got all the experience and the now how to more than play his part in our promotion push from here in! :ayatollah:

Well said Madmax support our players, especially those that have some care for us fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm

I seem to be missing where the the bad news is here :? :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 pm

NJ73 wrote:I seem to be missing where the the bad news is here :? :mrgreen:

Jack
Ramsey is not coming back.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:I seem to be missing where the the bad news is here :? :mrgreen:

Ramsey is not coming back.

Whoooooooosh!!! :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm

A few injuries, Rambo not returning, now Mr Jones time to earn that large wedge you get each season. You have a very talented squad at your disposal so let's see them doing the business, the talent is there to achieve auto so it'll be interesting to see how we do. Give this squad to most other managers in the Championship and I believe they would achieve auto, so no pressure really :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:08 pm

We got a good enough team to storm this league....quality all round and yes its time for a few to step up to the plate and im sure if the extra men all around the stadium sing and get behind the team we will get to the promised land... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 pm

mr bluesky wrote:We got a good enough team to storm this league....quality all round and yes its time for a few to step up to the plate and im sure if the extra men all around the stadium sing and get behind the team we will get to the promised land... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

YES I TOTALLY AGREE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:A few injuries, Rambo not returning, now Mr Jones time to earn that large wedge you get each season. You have a very talented squad at your disposal so let's see them doing the business, the talent is there to achieve auto so it'll be interesting to see how we do. Give this squad to most other managers in the Championship and I believe they would achieve auto, so no pressure really :lol:

Yes No pressure, YOU BETTER NOT FAIL :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 pm

aaronramseywallpaperbaker2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 pm

OK, here's what we do........same back four and whatever goalkeeper is fit....then we put Bellamy and JET on the wings with OlI holding and Whitts and Macca creating in a midfield 5 and Jay upfront and Parkin to come on when Jay is fecked. We won't go far wrong with that I guarantee. Chops can come on when we are two or three up when it is safe to revert to 442 and Koumas is back-up for Macca and Whitts in the middle plus we got Burkey to come on for Bellamy or JET when they are fecked. Life after Rambo....not so bad really! Championees Championees ole ole ole!! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 pm

are the new rumours true ramsey may be coming back for a month? :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:01 pm

whitts has got to be the player of last season now, up you game or f-off

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 pm

madmax wrote:I have never understood the constant slagging off of mcphail. Dont get me wrong hes not ramsey but hes a good distibutor of the ball and a very clever player. come on lads lets be confident mcphails got all the experience and the now how to more than play his part in our promotion push from here in! :ayatollah:

Really?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 am

Of course Ramsey will be missed and i want to thank Arsene Wenger for letting us have him and Ramsey for the fantastic contribution he made when he was here but now we have to rely on the players we have got and they have been good enough to keep us in the top 2 for most of the season.

We have all been posting on here recently that it's in our hands and how we need to get behind the team and become the 12th man. So come on let's make it happen and support whoever DJ picks in the starting 11 on Saturday and for the next 11 games after that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:NO RAMBO RETURNING :cry:

There was a bit of Hope as even though Dave Jones did not bring Ramsey in the first place, Ramsey was gifted to Jones on a plate by Wenger and even Ramsey was told he was on his way to Cardiff, To be Fair to Jones for nearly 10 days now he has rang Arsenal virtually every day asking and trying to set up some type of contract to have Ramsey to the end of the Season and All terms would of been a Benefit to Arsenal, But Sadly its Finally a NO :cry: :cry:

But on the Bright side we had a CLASS PLAYER FOR A MONTH and NEVER LOST ONCE WHEN RAMSEY PLAYED and BEAT THE JACKS/LEICESTER and HULL C, 3 GOOD TEAMS.We finally had a good Midfield.

On the not so bright side, I believe we could now struggle in that department.

well yes we miss ramsey but if we can't cope without him is are squad as good as we think it is. rest of players got to step up now, kinda glad it over with no was cooking my head ramsey sarga

Rob, We should be good enough without him as its a Class Squad, But the Difference is RAMSEY WAS WORLD CLASS FOR THIS DIVISION .

Annis, the lad is world class full stop.

I genuinely believe he's THE best British player this side of Wayne Rooney. However old Rooney is now, I mean.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

Great while it lasted Aaron. Hope we can chant "Thank you Ramsey" when Arsenal play at the CCS next season.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 am

When Mcphail and Chops first played together for city I always thought that Mcphail seemed to best understand Chops runs and picked him out with the best passes. Chopra seems to be coming into some form so hopefully they can replicate this again. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:NO RAMBO RETURNING :cry:

There was a bit of Hope as even though Dave Jones did not bring Ramsey in the first place, Ramsey was gifted to Jones on a plate by Wenger and even Ramsey was told he was on his way to Cardiff, To be Fair to Jones for nearly 10 days now he has rang Arsenal virtually every day asking and trying to set up some type of contract to have Ramsey to the end of the Season and All terms would of been a Benefit to Arsenal, But Sadly its Finally a NO :cry: :cry:

But on the Bright side we had a CLASS PLAYER FOR A MONTH and NEVER LOST ONCE WHEN RAMSEY PLAYED and BEAT THE JACKS/LEICESTER and HULL C, 3 GOOD TEAMS.We finally had a good Midfield.

On the not so bright side, I believe we could now struggle in that department.

Totally agree with that last line.
Cmon JK step up to the plate!
:ayatollah: