Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

bywater from derby

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Supposed to be a done deal on loan,according to other board,can't see us having 2 keepers on loan,anyone heard anything.

Re: bywater from derby

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:10 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Supposed to be a done deal on loan,according to other board,can't see us having 2 keepers on loan,anyone heard anything.

what? :shock: :lol:

this really cant be real :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Supposed to be a done deal on loan,according to other board,can't see us having 2 keepers on loan,anyone heard anything.

I know DJ approached them for Bywater, but I have not heard any more.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 pm

it would make sense if we signed him so we wud have brown and bywater until heaton got back fit :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:15 pm

on ccmb. Des' who they seem to rate lightly told them

and his info is ment to be spot on .

why do we need 2 keepers :?

thats 2 loan spots wasted

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Unless heaton is out for while.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 pm

well marshall is out for the season and heaton can have the treatment he needs then , thats all we need now is a replacement for ramsey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Uhhhh, he's injured! Hence why Derby signed Frank Fielding on loan from Blackburn!!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Uhhhh, he's injured! Hence why Derby signed Frank Fielding on loan from Blackburn!!

so we havnt signed him then? :D :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:48 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:Uhhhh, he's injured! Hence why Derby signed Frank Fielding on loan from Blackburn!!

I never said we did, I said, we enquired about him.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
glammy74 wrote:

I never said we did, I said, we enquired about him.

no i didnt mean about you saying it annis

some one on ccmb said it, des i think :?

i didnt know whether to believe it or not

only trust our messageboard you see ;) :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 pm

I've just been told that Heaton is out for 4 weeks! If Bywater is fit then this could be on!!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:53 pm

on twitter ....

BREAKING CCFC NEWS: Cardiff City are close to tying up a loan for Derby goalkeeper Stephen Bywater and will become City's 2nd loan this week

whether its true or not i dont know

but it seems to be rumours around now :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Never heard of Bywater, surely not :D

Des on the otherhand, isn't a wind up merchant, and does occasionally know stuff.

Only time will tell.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm

I too have heard from a Facebook source that bywater is almost a done deal???

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 pm

are we signing him or is it just rumors? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello lads, Derby fan here.

To be honest, i'm struggling to understand why any promotion chasing side would want Bywater, we're struggling as it is and most of our fans don't want him! The first i've heard of this is from a link on a Derby forum sending me here, so can't tell you how true or not it is as i'm not in the know with this one.

He was a decent keeper once, in our Promotion season a few years back he was quality, since the disaster that was the Premiership campaign in 2008 though hes never been the same. Infact, hes been bloody poor for the most part.

His shot stopping is usually ok, though this season even that has dropped off. His distribution is........well..........i'll let you enjoy that when you see it ;) He's not a commanding keeper, and he isn't that vocal. We had Frank Fielding in earlier this season (hes just joined again) and it's amazing to see how much better we became with a decent keeper in net. Admittedly the whole side was on-form for a few months but still, it really showed us what we'd been missing.

He came back in, had one or two decent games (recently at Scunthorpe he kept us in it) but for the most part hes not performing up to his usual standard, which is of an average Championship goalkeeper anyway.

Will be glad to see the back of him, just so that it will mean we'll have a decent keeper in the net. Well, hopefully anyway. He seems like he needs a change of scenery, perhaps this move will spark some life into him.

Anyway, just thought i'd post and give you my two cents is all! :ugeek: (Oh, and if you could send Bothroyd the other way in exchange, we'd be much obliged...... :D )

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Is Bywater fit then lad?

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 pm

on the derby forum they said bywater was in cardiff today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Not quite, atleast another week out, possibly more.

The official club article said two weeks, but they're not always reliable. In theory he could be fit for the weekend after this one.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

Alex W wrote:Hello lads, Derby fan here.

To be honest, i'm struggling to understand why any promotion chasing side would want Bywater, we're struggling as it is and most of our fans don't want him! The first i've heard of this is from a link on a Derby forum sending me here, so can't tell you how true or not it is as i'm not in the know with this one.

He was a decent keeper once, in our Promotion season a few years back he was quality, since the disaster that was the Premiership campaign in 2008 though hes never been the same. Infact, hes been bloody poor for the most part.

His shot stopping is usually ok, though this season even that has dropped off. His distribution is........well..........i'll let you enjoy that when you see it ;) He's not a commanding keeper, and he isn't that vocal. We had Frank Fielding in earlier this season (hes just joined again) and it's amazing to see how much better we became with a decent keeper in net. Admittedly the whole side was on-form for a few months but still, it really showed us what we'd been missing.

He came back in, had one or two decent games (recently at Scunthorpe he kept us in it) but for the most part hes not performing up to his usual standard, which is of an average Championship goalkeeper anyway.

Will be glad to see the back of him, just so that it will mean we'll have a decent keeper in the net. Well, hopefully anyway. He seems like he needs a change of scenery, perhaps this move will spark some life into him.

Anyway, just thought i'd post and give you my two cents is all! :ugeek: (Oh, and if you could send Bothroyd the other way in exchange, we'd be much obliged...... :D )

cheers mate. he has signed for us now :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 am

Cheers for the info Alex.
Is it me or hasnt Derbys form dropped since Commons left ? Also wondered how Chris Porter is doing with you ? He snubbed us for you apparently. Bad move on his part possibly :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:47 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Cheers for the info Alex.
Is it me or hasnt Derbys form dropped since Commons left ? Also wondered how Chris Porter is doing with you ? He snubbed us for you apparently. Bad move on his part possibly :lol:

No worries.

Aye, and very badly. Though it was dropping when he was with us anyway. We had a few injuries and had to shift players about, right-backs at centre-back, midfielders at right back, that kind of thing. Our squad is incredibly weak if we get a first teamer injured.

Alot of protesting against the board, Hulse and Commons gone (Commons we offered a deal better than what he wanted and he still buggered off just before the window closed, the swine) and a pretty average squad when most of the side is out there. This summer will be big for us, if the board don't invest (Clough has mentioned we need 6 experienced players to really compete at the top end of the table) then there'll be trouble for us next season.

Porter joined us as he thought our facilities/stadium were better apparently, though a big part of it was that he'd be closer to his girlfriend who lives closer to Derby which I think was the clincher. He looked really good at first, couldn't stop scoring, then he pretty much obliterated his hip and hes missed about two and a half seasons of football because of it. What little pace he had before has gone, he'll probably be out of the door this summer.

Really unlucky for him, to be honest the injury may end his career.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Alex W wrote:
GarethGardner wrote:Cheers for the info Alex.

No worries.

Aye, and very badly. Though it was dropping when he was with us anyway. We had a few injuries and had to shift players about, right-backs at centre-back, midfielders at right back, that kind of thing. Our squad is incredibly weak if we get a first teamer injured.

Alot of protesting against the board, Hulse and Commons gone (Commons we offered a deal better than what he wanted and he still buggered off just before the window closed, the swine) and a pretty average squad when most of the side is out there. This summer will be big for us, if the board don't invest (Clough has mentioned we need 6 experienced players to really compete at the top end of the table) then there'll be trouble for us next season.

Cheers Alex(Derby) for the info and coming on our forum :ayatollah:

Porter joined us as he thought our facilities/stadium were better apparently, though a big part of it was that he'd be closer to his girlfriend who lives closer to Derby which I think was the clincher. He looked really good at first, couldn't stop scoring, then he pretty much obliterated his hip and hes missed about two and a half seasons of football because of it. What little pace he had before has gone, he'll probably be out of the door this summer.

Really unlucky for him, to be honest the injury may end his career.