Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LADS I'M DEVASTATED

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:42 pm

My sons Karate grading was origanaly on Sunday 7th Feb but they moved it back 24hrs to Sat 6th. Our plane back from Newcatle flies back Sat afternoon and everything is paid for. This is his Brown belt grading as well, he has told me it wont be the same without me there. I know i'll feel better if my missus rings me and say's he's passed with flying colours which im sure he will. :( :(

Re: LADS I'M DEVASTATED

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 pm

mate some things in life are more important! feck the football

i wish my dad was like that when i was a kid, promised things, did other things was never there when i done things! we dont have that good a relationship now becuase of it all. wish things were diffrent :cry:

it might not mean much diffrence for you, but alot to your boy, trust me, i remember the lot :cry:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 pm

mate some things in life are more important! feck the Karate :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks for the comments lads lol My boy knows I'm devastated and my wife will video it for me. We have competitions coming up all over the country 3 of them I'm looking forward to that. When I'm not working i'm always there for him and i will make it up to him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Sell the flight, watch your son :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Not that devastated, obviously.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:07 pm

SteW wrote:Not that devastated, obviously.

Chief that is hurtful devastated yes i haven't missed a grading or competition yet. He is very good as well, reaching 2 national quarter finals last year. And winning a big award with his club.
Everything is booked and going up with some very good mates and hopefully i will be the proudest dad ever flying home on the SAt.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm

nucleurblueeee get up to newcastle, get pissed up, support the mighty blooobirds, have the weekend of you life with ur mates, then come home watch the video, and let him talk you through every kick punch, move etc, and when hes finished and your all happy, just say but son......I HAVE BETTER NEWS, we won 1-0 FEENEY smashed a 30 yard volley in the 90th minute, followed by risdale falling from the top tear due to shock.......

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:16 pm

milly44 wrote:nuclear blueeee get up to newcastle, get pissed up, support the mighty bluebirds, have the weekend of you life with ur mates, then come home watch the video, and let him talk you through every kick punch, move etc, and when hes finished and your all happy, just say but son......I HAVE BETTER NEWS, we won 1-0 FEENEY smashed a 30 yard volley in the 90th minute, followed by risdale falling from the top tear due to shock.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was looking for sympathy but now i feel worse after reading the above posts :( But if Ridsdale could fall that far it would cause the biggest earthquake since Haiti. The devastation in the North East would be :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:24 pm

wont be much devastion around leeds or south wales :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:26 pm

when he is older and loves the city like you and we do he will understand :ayatollah: its not black :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
milly44 wrote:nuclear blueeee get up to newcastle, get pissed up, support the mighty bluebirds, have the weekend of you life with ur mates, then come home watch the video, and let him talk you through every kick punch, move etc, and when hes finished and your all happy, just say but son......I HAVE BETTER NEWS, we won 1-0 FEENEY smashed a 30 yard volley in the 90th minute, followed by risdale falling from the top tear due to shock.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was looking for sympathy but now i feel worse after reading the above posts :( But if Ridsdale could fall that far it would cause the biggest earthquake since Haiti. The devastation in the North East would be :lol: :lol:

I'm not having a go but there's nothing to be sympathetic about, you'd rather go to the football than your son's grading so your going to the football instead of your son's grading. If you'd broken your legs and couldn't go to the football THEN you'd get some sympathy, but as it is you're getting to do what you want to do no?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm

cwmbranbluebird wrote:when he is older and loves the city like you and we do he will understand :ayatollah: its not black :lol:

He hates football chief :( also hates thugby :D just loves his Karate and doing some weights. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
cwmbranbluebird wrote:when he is older and loves the city like you and we do he will understand :ayatollah: its not black :lol:

He hates football chief :( also hates thugby :D just loves his Karate and doing some weights. :ayatollah:

he'll prob kick f**k out of you instead mate :lol: tbh id be in newcastle.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:42 pm

delmbox wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I'm not having a go but there's nothing to be sympathetic about, you'd rather go to the football than your son's grading so your going to the football instead of your son's grading. If you'd broken your legs and couldn't go to the football THEN you'd get some sympathy, but as it is you're getting to do what you want to do no?

I would rather do both but everthing is paid for parking car flights hotel ,stadium tour etc .His grading will last 15 mins and will watch it with him when i get home. If i'd known i wouldent of booked but no one can tell me im not fucked right off coz i am.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 pm

cwmbranbluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

he'll prob kick f**k out of you instead mate :lol: tbh id be in newcastle.

Hes only 12 but hes only a few inches shorter than me as it is, and I'm 5ft9 half so he could do that all ready chief

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:My sons Karate grading was origanaly on Sunday 7th Feb but they moved it back 24hrs to Sat 6th. Our plane back from Newcatle flies back Sat afternoon and everything is paid for. This is his Brown belt grading as well, he has told me it wont be the same without me there. I know i'll feel better if my missus rings me and say's he's passed with flying colours which im sure he will. :( :(

when i did Tae Kwon do as a kid i used to be beaming if i passed a grading and my dad was there, but i also remember how gutted I was when i lost in the final of a tournament that my dad couldnt get to and I had to tell him over the phone.

Family No.1 footy No.2 mate has to be.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Humphreys wrote:
Nuclear Blue wrote:My sons Karate grading was originally on Sunday 7th Feb but they moved it back 24hrs to Sat 6th. Our plane back from Newcastle flies back Sat afternoon and everything is paid for. This is his Brown belt grading as well, he has told me it wont be the same without me there. I know i'll feel better if my missus rings me and Say's he's passed with flying colours which im sure he will. :( :(

when i did Tae Kwon do as a kid i used to be beaming if i passed a grading and my dad was there, but i also remember how gutted I was when i lost in the final of a tournament that my dad couldnt get to and I had to tell him over the phone.

Family No.1 footy No.2 mate has to be.

YEH I KNOW THAT MATE AND BE ASSURED THIS WILL BE THE FIRST ONE THAT I WILL MISS AND IT WILL BE THE LAST.
:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:52 pm

one thing i will say is it's easy for me to say family no 1 as i havent paid and arranged a trip to newcastle. :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Its easy to say dont go, but one thing for sure my son and me have a very close relationship he still aint to big for a cuddle. Hopefully in june i can post on here that he has a medal at the Welsh. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:My sons Karate grading was origanaly on Sunday 7th Feb but they moved it back 24hrs to Sat 6th. Our plane back from Newcatle flies back Sat afternoon and everything is paid for. This is his Brown belt grading as well, he has told me it wont be the same without me there. I know i'll feel better if my missus rings me and say's he's passed with flying colours which im sure he will. :( :(

It ALL stops for family.

You may not want to hear this, but there is only one place you should be.............

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Well maybe there are other things to consider apart from you. From what I have been told he really isnt that good and will never get his black belt anyway!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm

It's gutting for you that the karate got re-arranged. I hope that's correct and you're not just fibbing to try and gain sympathy where as in reality you just forgot! :lol:

It's a shame you've paid for it all. I mean, it's an expensive trip but maybe try selling it to someone. I am sure someone on here would be willing to go instead of you.

I do see the predicament you're in but you seem to have given up trying to resolve this situation and it comes across that you're gutted but don't mind because the Newcastle vs Cardiff game is a consolation! I could well be wrong though.

Don't know if I'm different or not though but when I was younger and had swimming galas sometimes I preferred it if my parents weren't there. I often just found their presence a distraction. If they weren't there I was there for myself so less pressure. If that makes sense?

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 pm

blueyonder wrote:Well maybe there are other things to consider apart from you. From what I have been told he really isnt that good and will never get his black belt anyway!

If you ever seen him train you would see he is good.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 pm

take any chance you can to spend time watching your son doing sports....i didnt and now its to late, i wish i could turn back the clock but i cant....feck the footy you only get one chance with kids.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm assuming now wouldn't be an appropriate time for a paedophile joke? :) :?

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 pm

er.......NO!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Zabier wrote:It's gutting for you that the karate got re-arranged. I hope that's correct and you're not just fibbing to try and gain sympathy where as in reality you just forgot! :lol:

It's a shame you've paid for it all. I mean, it's an expensive trip but maybe try selling it to someone. I am sure someone on here would be willing to go instead of you.

I do see the predicament you're in but you seem to have given up trying to resolve this situation and it comes across that you're gutted but don't mind because the Newcastle vs Cardiff game is a consolation! I could well be wrong though.

Don't know if I'm different or not though but when I was younger and had swimming galas sometimes I preferred it if my parents weren't there. I often just found their presence a distraction. If they weren't there I was there for myself so less pressure. If that makes sense?

Well if i said i wasnt looking forward to it i would be lying. The wife got diagnosed with MS about 3 months ago so the pressure has been quite emence working full time running the house for a time on my own but shes getting back on her feet more she has good and bad days. But one reason i have been looking forwatd to this is recharge the batteries, but to find out they have changed the date for the karate i was gutted as ive seen him all the way so far.
And yes he likes either the wife or me ptefably both to be there but the little sod is starting to wind me up saying i should get him this and that coz im going to the footy. Lol

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 pm

hey sounds like you have had a rough time lately, if your wife has been ill the time away together will do you good, and most of all it will be a break for your wife, i hope you both enjoy it, and i wish your wife all the best for the future.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:14 pm

rob wrote:take any chance you can to spend time watching your son doing sports....i didnt and now its to late, i wish i could turn back the clock but i cant....feck the footy you only get one chance with kids.

Yeh i do rob and i love watching him.