Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME "

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:00 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:incidentally if it is a YES vote then where does that leave the MP's we voted for back in May and what purpose will they now play in our constituency if any ??

It means they will have to spend less time pouring over legislation that has already been passed in Cardiff Bay as some sort of pseudo-second chamber (arguably the majority of them, those from England, are unelected by the people in Wales yet can still hold sway as to how we are run).

As for the purpose of welsh M.P.s, don't forget that the Welsh Assembly only has devolved powers in 20 subject areas so they still have a role to pay in voting on taxation, courts, prisons, social security, etc., which are only dealt with in London for England and Wales but directly affect us living in Wales.

cheers mate :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:incidentally if it is a YES vote then where does that leave the MP's we voted for back in May and what purpose will they now play in our constituency if any ??

It means they will have to spend less time pouring over legislation that has already been passed in Cardiff Bay as some sort of pseudo-second chamber (arguably the majority of them, those from England, are unelected by the people in Wales yet can still hold sway as to how we are run).

As for the purpose of welsh M.P.s, don't forget that the Welsh Assembly only has devolved powers in 20 subject areas so they still have a role to pay in voting on taxation, courts, prisons, social security, etc., which are only dealt with in London for England and Wales but directly affect us living in Wales.

cheers mate :ayatollah:

No probs :ayatollah: I'm no expert but had to do a bit of research to understand it in simple terms myself :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:53 pm

If we get a YES vote which now is likely, the assembly will have the power to bring in the organ donation opt out scheme, which will mean people who are on the National Transplant register like myself will have a better chance of getting a much needed organ and have a better quality of life and can return to work !

Cost ? Priceless !

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:59 pm

The Trooper wrote:If we get a YES vote which now is likely, the assembly will have the power to bring in the organ donation opt out scheme, which will mean people who are on the National Transplant register like myself will have a better chance of getting a much needed organ and have a better quality of life and can return to work !

Cost ? Priceless !

Good luck :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 pm

The Trooper wrote:If we get a YES vote which now is likely, the assembly will have the power to bring in the organ donation opt out scheme, which will mean people who are on the National Transplant register like myself will have a better chance of getting a much needed organ and have a better quality of life and can return to work !

Cost ? Priceless !

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I've always felt organ donation should be that you are automatically put on the list and then can choose to opt out. I am on the organ donation list anyway (some drunken escapade resulted in it happening a while back) but definitely it's more a case of apathy than refusal to sign up in most cases.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Midfield general wrote:
griffy wrote:Vice-Chair Ali Yassine, 47, from Cardiff said:

"We have people in Wales who are more than capable of making decisions that are right for this country. A 'Yes' vote in the referendum will send a strong message to the rest of the world that Wales can stand on our own two feet and that we are confident as a nation in our own right. I truly believe that it's about having the powers we need to do the job properly – there is no question we can do the job, we just need the right tools."

Which clearly has undertones of complete Independence

Nonsense. All the main parties were united on this issue. It's hardly likely that Conservatives are going to vote Yes if they thought it would lead to independence.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:04 am

What does Ali know apart from shouting down a mic in bi lingo twaddle.