A forum for all things Cardiff City

Yes or No?

You may select 1 option

View results

Poll: Welsh Assembly Referendum

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:31 pm

So how did people vote today?

Yes, no or didn't bother?

Yes means the Assembly would be able to pass laws in the 20 devolved areas without needing to seek permission from Westminster first.

A no vote means that things stay as they are, and that any law voted for in the Assembly (regardless of whether everybody voted for it) would still have to be passed by Westminster, which can take years.

Re: Poll: Welsh Assembly Referendum

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I Voted No, because the Welsh Assembly cost us £60 million a year. Why have mp's and am's, its either one or the other, just my opinion and only voted because it came by post.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Voted No, because the Welsh Assembly cost us £60 million a year. Why have mp's and am's, its either one or the other, just my opinion and only voted because it came by post.

A no vote won't change that though unfortunately. In fact a no vote means nothing will change!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:41 pm

NO, I will smug ugly Plaid Cymru nothing. See the grinning with vote yesterday, made me feel sick. f**k the Welsh assembly and f**k the Welsh FA

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Its a defo yes from me
because amongst the many other things i see the assembly as a much needed source of jobs that this area badly needs to hold on to right now.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 pm

I am using a Blackberry phone and the buttons are too small, that's why spelling is all over the place

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I Voted No, because the Welsh Assembly cost us £60 million a year. Why have mp's and am's, its either one or the other, just my opinion and only voted because it came by post.

Lets get rid of MPs then. They cost much more and they are more corrupt. I'd rather have Welsh AMs making important decisions about Wales than MPs who know feck all about Wales and couldn't care less about us. Only my opinion.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Today welsh citizens were given a small opportunity to put some of their Country's destiny in their own hands.

But a sizeable minority of it citizens are too afraid to take steps towards growing up blaming their decision to vote no on things like the mysterious Taffia and politicians who are in it for themselves trying to line their own pockets.

Well I got news for those who feel like that. The system that has allowed that to happen is the English one. If things are to change grow up, get off your arses and get elected to ensure that you get a Country that you can be proud of. The Assembly's expenses are totally transparent and were introduced to Westminster MP's as a model of good practice. Those Westminster MP's, who many of you put so much trust in, decided that it was not the model for Westminster. Why ? Because it was too open and transparent and they felt they wanted something a little less transparent in England.

It's an innately Welsh psychological complex to shoot down anybody who tries to better themselves or the person who puts their head above the parapet and gets elected to a Community, Town, County Council, Assembly or Westminster. The success of the individual is often followed by comments of those who know them that they have only become a politician to feather their own nest. Well again if you don't like it, get elected yourself and make sure it doesn't happen. The truth is, it's much easier to do sweet FA, sit on the sideline sniping at every decision taken.

If Wales turns down this opportunity, it really is time to come clean and tell FIFA and the rest of the World that Wales is now England because that's what it's people wants. The 800 years of trying to keep Welsh culture alive after the Invasion by the Norman/English and victory in 1282 has failed and it's time to put the Red Dragon, tall ladies hat and Leek/daffodil away. As Ryan Jones, Shane Williams ect.... will be looking for a place in Martin's Johnson's team and Rambo and Bale will be vying for a place at the next Euro Championship wearing a white shirt with three Lions on their breast.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I voted yes, the welsh assembly cant do anything of worth because all decisons have to go through the English Government before anything can be done. Thats why we need this change.

Its not about Plaid Cymru winning anything, its a step towards us welsh having more power over the decisions that we want to make.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:15 pm

jbirdrules wrote:I voted yes, the welsh assembly cant do anything of worth because all decisons have to go through the English Government before anything can be done. Thats why we need this change.

Its not about Plaid Cymru winning anything, its a step towards us welsh having more power over the decisions that we want to make.

Exactly

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 pm

cheppy wrote:Today welsh citizens were given a small opportunity to put some of their Country's destiny in their own hands.

But a sizeable minority of it citizens are too afraid to take steps towards growing up blaming their decision to vote no on things like the mysterious Taffia and politicians who are in it for themselves trying to line their own pockets.

Well I got news for those who feel like that. The system that has allowed that to happen is the English one. If things are to change grow up, get off your arses and get elected to ensure that you get a Country that you can be proud of. The Assembly's expenses are totally transparent and were introduced to Westminster MP's as a model of good practice. Those Westminster MP's, who many of you put so much trust in, decided that it was not the model for Westminster. Why ? Because it was too open and transparent and they felt they wanted something a little less transparent in England.

It's an innately Welsh psychological complex to shoot down anybody who tries to better themselves or the person who puts their head above the parapet and gets elected to a Community, Town, County Council, Assembly or Westminster. The success of the individual is often followed by comments of those who know them that they have only become a politician to feather their own nest. Well again if you don't like it, get elected yourself and make sure it doesn't happen. The truth is, it's much easier to do sweet FA, sit on the sideline sniping at every decision taken.

If Wales turns down this opportunity, it really is time to come clean and tell FIFA and the rest of the World that Wales is now England because that's what it's people wants. The 800 years of trying to keep Welsh culture alive after the Invasion by the Norman/English and victory in 1282 has failed and it's time to put the Red Dragon, tall ladies hat and Leek/daffodil away. As Ryan Jones, Shane Williams ect.... will be looking for a place in Martin's Johnson's team and Rambo and Bale will be vying for a place at the next Euro Championship wearing a white shirt with three Lions on their breast.

YEAH, PRETY MUCH WHAT HE SAID ^^^^^^^^^

spot on top quality post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:48 am

Owain wrote:
jbirdrules wrote:I voted yes, the welsh assembly cant do anything of worth because all decisons have to go through the English Government before anything can be done. Thats why we need this change.

Exactly

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and Cheppy best welsh politics post I've read in ages :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am

I was disappointed by the vote. That's all that was on it was yes or no. :cry:

I wanted the full Braveheart type vote with a big speech at the top about dieing in our beds, swapping that day for this, etc. Then at the bottom you have "FREEDOMMMMM" or "NO FREEDOMMMMMM" :lol:
We never even got the chance to kill any English. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

Haha, Berwyn, that would have been amazing. I reckon in the future you'll go into voting polls and there'll be a screen and you can select the promo videos for each party where the candidate has 20 seconds to make a stirring speech! Let's bring rock 'n' roll into politics! :D

I voted yes because the current method is just far too slow and laborious and treats Wales with little respect (we currently have to ask Westminster for permission to pass laws). Now I feel this is disrespectful to our great nation. We are one of the oldest nations in Europe... not a 4 year old child with behaviour issues.

If Westminster had rejected a large number of the WAG's proposed laws then I'd have a concern but they haven't. It's just worried me how so many people who have voted haven't really understood what it's all about. It's been a very misinterpreted referendum which hasn't done us any favours. Luckily, it looks like yes will win convincingly though.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 am

Zabier wrote:Haha, Berwyn, that would have been amazing. I reckon in the future you'll go into voting polls and there'll be a screen and you can select the promo videos for each party where the candidate has 20 seconds to make a stirring speech! Let's bring rock 'n' roll into politics! :D

I voted yes because the current method is just far too slow and laborious and treats Wales with little respect (we currently have to ask Westminster for permission to pass laws). Now I feel this is disrespectful to our great nation. We are one of the oldest nations in Europe... not a 4 year old child with behaviour issues.

If Westminster had rejected a large number of the WAG's proposed laws then I'd have a concern but they haven't. It's just worried me how so many people who have voted haven't really understood what it's all about. It's been a very misinterpreted referendum which hasn't done us any favours. Luckily, it looks like yes will win convincingly though.

That's how I feel, all the reasons people have said on here for voting NO have had nothing to do with this actual referendum.