Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Celtic and Rangers, Come join us.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:23 am

I would not mind at all for the two to come and play in the English leagues.
They'll bring thousands of fans to every game, It'll be great for everyone.
I mean lets be honest the SPL is a shit league and it would be interesting to see how they would do .

Do you agree?

Re: Celtic and Rangers, Come join us.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:43 am

Is there a Facepalm smiley?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:45 am

No chance. The league doesn't need two more small clubs coming into it.

They can keep their sectarian bile and religious drivel up in the Scottish Not-so-Premier League where it doesn't belong, thanks very much.

FTOF.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 am

yeah fair enough scotish football isnt a patch on english/welsh but when you have a stadium rocking with 51k init im embarrassed you actually called them a small club totally disagree!!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 am

we could replace them with swansea and leeds, no one likes leeds. :lol: ., .
but no...

a 22 team premier league could work, they could lose a fixture by entering the mickey mouse (carling) cup at a later round, for the likes of ferguson who loves to complain about fixtures.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 am

Dont want there sectarian shit here full stop

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 am

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:I would not mind at all for the two to come and play in the English leagues.
They'll bring thousands of fans to every game, It'll be great for everyone.
I mean lets be honest the SPL is a shit league and it would be interesting to see how they would do .

Do you agree?

They would bring numbers until the novelty wore off and they got found out for how bad they really are. The English leagues would be welcome to them, because very few up here want them and even the police want to ban the fixture for all the grief it causes.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:41 pm

They are very over rated, doubt if they would come first and second in the championship if they played in it.As for the premier they wouldnt do much more than survive in it.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 pm

personally i think theyd do a better job than us in the prem...unless we get good ivnestment

Fuckinell an away trip to Glasgow be some heavily pissed up drunk fans if that happened :lol:

If they wanted to play in the english league then they should start at the very bottom, whereever that may be. Why should they just jump into the championship

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Would they bring thousands to every game though? I mean, if we had them down here on a Tuesday night in mid-December, would they fill our away end? The only rrawson they take thousands to away grounds is that they only have to travel short(ish) distance to away grounds currently. And, from what I've seen on TV, not all away ends are full when they play. And it would be disrespectful to some of the clubs in our league system to put them in the highest division possible straight away. Especially as some of the clubs have worked hard to get to their current positions. How would you feel if it was done at our expense?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:They are very over rated, doubt if they would come first and second in the championship if they played in it.As for the premier they wouldnt do much more than survive in it.

Agreed. If teams like Newcastle and Liverpool can't put in a challenge with the infrastructures they have, then these two have no chance. The big crowds are a thing of the past. Look at the league attendances in the SPL.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

So basically you want two teams parachuted into the English league, above over teams, just because they offer fighting, oops, atmosphere?

Where would they go? The Championship? Relegate an extra two teams to make room for them?

It's a nonsense suggestion. Rangers and Celtic have destroyed Scottish football - young Scots aren't getting as many chances with them as they used to, rest of SPL suffering due to their dominance - as long as they are ok, everyone else can go to hell.

Occasionally, a team emerge that can trouble them, but can never do that consistently due to their dominance.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:30 pm

PtB wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:They are very over rated, doubt if they would come first and second in the championship if they played in it.As for the premier they wouldnt do much more than survive in it.

Agreed. If teams like Newcastle and Liverpool can't put in a challenge with the infrastructures they have, then these two have no chance. The big crowds are a thing of the past. Look at the league attendances in the SPL.

Also, a few years ago they could compete financially. Now they're skint and can't afford the kind of top players they used to

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:

Also, a few years ago they could compete financially. Now they're skint and can't afford the kind of top players they used to

Due to the fact their dominance turned a lot of people off to Scottish football; fans, sponsors... their greed killed the golden goose.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 pm

If they want to come Blue Square league for them. They can play Newport Cunty if they want. Yes they have the support but personally i cant stand there sectarianism and Plastic supporters who claim to have an allegiance just because they know how to spell Celtic or Rangers.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Celtic and Rangers? They deserve each other. Big clubs in terms of support but couldn't be arsed with the sectarian shit.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:25 pm

One, i think its important to remember that they are not all thugs and hooligans .
two , i think it would be good to unite 3 nations in the name of football ,
Three: we saw in the friendly at the CCS how many fans Celtic brought down for a small match, so im pretty sure they would have no problem in bringing huge crowds everywhere they go .

In regards to were in the league they could go, straight at the bottom and work they're way up, because in my opinion the SPL wont be around in the next couple of years, for me I dont think it has the financial means to run a good healthy leauge.

As for the timing of this post's (straight after all the trouble mid week) I was thinking about posting it anyway ages ago , so for the comments that were on this page "just because they offer fighting, oops, atmosphere?" i was not trying to say that at all, I was just trying to say that it would be a good new experience for all.

And i do genrally think that when the SPL does fall, it would be a terrible waste of history and passion that both Rangers and Celtic bring.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 pm

They are not welcome..........let them fek off to Finland or Norway instead?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:They are not welcome..........let them fek off to Finland or Norway instead?

Send Celtic to play in Ireland that is clearly where there loyalties lie. And Rangers into the Hellenic League :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:30 pm

It'll never happen anyway, pointless discussion. They've already been turned down once and quite rightly so.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:34 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:two , i think it would be good to unite 3 nations in the name of football ,

As soon as UEFA/FIFA get a sniff of this happening, Welsh football would be well down the road of losing its independence and or individual vote on the ruling of football. Thye just about tolerate it now, hence the FAW's reluctance to let any Welsh player compete in the Olympics
And i do genrally think that when the SPL does fall, it would be a terrible waste of history and passion that both Rangers and Celtic bring.
How do you know this is going to happen? You sound certain of yourself on this

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
CCFC- Bramhill wrote:two , i think it would be good to unite 3 nations in the name of football ,

As soon as UEFA/FIFA get a sniff of this happening, Welsh football would be well down the road of losing its independence and or individual vote on the ruling of football. Thye just about tolerate it now, hence the FAW's reluctance to let any Welsh player compete in the Olympics
How do you know this is going to happen? You sound certain of yourself on this

Im just saying i think its very likely and very easy for the SPL to collapse.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:54 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:One, i think its important to remember that they are not all thugs and hooligans .

No. Some support the Armed Forces. See Celtic flag.

two , i think it would be good to unite 3 nations in the name of football ,

Bollocks; you're calling for a British league. Bye bye Wales, Scotland, N Ireland...

Three: we saw in the friendly at the CCS how many fans Celtic brought down for a small match, so im pretty sure they would have no problem in bringing huge crowds everywhere they go .

Interestingly enough, ntheir fans caused trouble at CCS. And indeed in England during that tour...

In regards to were in the league they could go, straight at the bottom and work they're way up, because in my opinion the SPL wont be around in the next couple of years, for me I dont think it has the financial means to run a good healthy leauge.

Yeah, I'm really sure Celtic, Rangers will compete in the Blue Square Extreme North division or lower. For one thing, all their players would go... as would their fans. SPL doesn't have the financial means? Because the bulk of the money goes to the Old Firm!

And us or the FL, Prem should give a f**k about sectarian garbage because?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I cant be assed replying.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:00 pm

cardiff fans bitching amongst themselves bout two scottish sides :roll:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:02 pm

DONT FORGET EVEN THOUGH THERE LEAGUE ISNT BRILLIANT THEY HAVE BOTH WON EUROPEAN FINALS IN THERE TIME

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Too right and its important for everyone to remember that .

As for two fans bitching to eachother,

ITS JUST NERD BEING A c**t !!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

I for one think the scottish league has potential - slate me as much as you want.

But the youngsters tend to leave...and the youngsters they produce are great, gotta give em credit..that templeton lad at hearts will prolly leave hearts...i hope he doesnt cause i wanna see a scottish side do well in europe and atm hearts are gonna go to europa league. then theres goodwillie or whats his name at dundee (unless hes gone?) hes another talent..

for me loyalty and money has ruined football...there are no loyal players anymore....yes bellers came to cardiff but thats partly cause've mancini didnt put him in the sqaud, chopra seems loyal...but if a club in the prem swooped for him and offered better wages he'd prolly go...

its a pity really. :(