Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Only one Cardiff player good enough for the Championship XI

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 am

http://bit.ly/eAXkn0

What do you think? Feedback on the article itself as well as the team would be appreciated.

Re: Only one Cardiff player good enough for the Championship XI

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:04 am

how did angel rangel get in it over kev McNaughton Surely rangel is a centre back

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:24 am

Some glaring errors

Best goalie I have seen this year is Kieran Westwood, Coventry City, closely followed be Lee Camp who was superb against us at City Ground.

Secondly, how on earth did Whittingham get on the bench. Sometimes, he shouldn't be on our bench!!

Whist Jay and Danny Graham have both produced the goods this year, I think they are very similar players. May need a Chopra, Shane Long type of player for balance.

Some certs for me are Taarabt, Sinclair and Jay.I would have picked Gorkks of QPR at centre half. Taarabt easily player of the season. Most importantly, he has been the most influential player of the season. Without him, QPR would be struggling for the play offs. Will Buckley of Watford terrorised us in both games against them and I was most impressed with him.

On the Rangel front, even Bellers said he was in his pocket for the game at the Liberty so Rangel prob is a decent full back.

Good to see Hudson on the bench. Much deserved and even though he didn't make the team, also some nice words for Super Kev.

Strange that neither Forest nor Norwich have hardly had a mention. McGugan, McGoldrick, Morgan (Forest) Holt, Hoolahan (Norwich) have all had excellent seasons.

More importantly, how many of our players will get in the Premiership team of the season next year?

Bloooooobirds
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:Some glaring errors

Best goalie I have seen this year is Kieran Westwood, Coventry City, closely followed be Lee Camp who was superb against us at City Ground.

Secondly, how on earth did Whittingham get on the bench. Sometimes, he shouldn't be on our bench!!

Whist Jay and Danny Graham have both produced the goods this year, I think they are very similar players. May need a Chopra, Shane Long type of player for balance.

Some certs for me are Taarabt, Sinclair and Jay.I would have picked Gorkks of QPR at centre half. Taarabt easily player of the season. Most importantly, he has been the most influential player of the season. Without him, QPR would be struggling for the play offs. Will Buckley of Watford terrorised us in both games against them and I was most impressed with him.

On the Rangel front, even Bellers said he was in his pocket for the game at the Liberty so Rangel prob is a decent full back.

Good to see Hudson on the bench. Much deserved and even though he didn't make the team, also some nice words for Super Kev.

Strange that neither Forest nor Norwich have hardly had a mention. McGugan, McGoldrick, Morgan (Forest) Holt, Hoolahan (Norwich) have all had excellent seasons.

More importantly, how many of our players will get in the Premiership team of the season next year?

Bloooooobirds

Fair points there mate, however, even though Bellers did say he was in Rangel's pocket, he scored the winner and Rangel was chasing shadows at the time hmmmm :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Some glaring errors

Bloooooobirds

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with Westwood being technically the best keeper in the league, however I would chose Kenny over him in the short term simply for the saves he can pull off. Whittingham is a player I highly rate, perhaps I was being a little biased? :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Hudson on the bench, mmmmmm a few months ago would have laughed at that! Any red sauce for my humble pie?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 pm

-----------------------------Lee Camp-----------------------------------
Angel Rangel--Mark Hudson--Ashley Williams--Kevin McNaughton
--------------------------Seyi Olofinjana--------------------------------
Wayne Routledge--Andy King-----Adel Taarabt------Craig Bellamy
---------------------------Jay Bothroyd----------------------------------

Subs: Paddy Kenny; Clint Hill; Darren Pratley; Chris Eagles; Jimmy Kebe; Scott Sinclair; Danny Graham