Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OUR 2 NEW KEEPERS - UPDATE. "

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 am

Jason Brown has signed a 1 month loan deal with us yesterday,as cover for Tom Heaton who will be out for 4-5 weeks,and David Marshall will be out longer.

As for Stephen Bywater,he is on his way down to Cariff this morning to sign on a month loan,with from what i was told may have a 24hr call back in the contract. (maybe annis or Carl might know more) ;)

Bywater has fallen out with his manager Clough jnr of late as Derby have also got a Blackburn keeper on Loan.

What a time for all this to go on,just when we were finding form with our back 5. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: OUR 2 NEW KEEPERS - UPDATE.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 am

its the loss of Rambo that bothers me , he was outstanding for us and will be missed ! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Jason Brown has signed a 1 month loan deal with us yesterday,as cover for Tom Heaton who will be out for 4-5 weeks,and David Marshall will be out longer.

As for Stephen Bywater,he is on his way down to Cariff this morning to sign on a month loan,with from what i was told may have a 24hr call back in the contract. (maybe annis or Carl might know more) ;)

Bywater has fallen out with his manager Clough jnr of late as Derby have also got a Blackburn keeper on Loan.

What a time for all this to go on,just when we were finding form with our back 5. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

correct topcat. he hasnt officially signed yet though. but it looks very likely :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 am

Bywater's not a bad keeper (In my opinion) looking at his profile on the Derby webpage he's tall and for what I can remember commands his area well

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Bywater's not a bad keeper (In my opinion) looking at his profile on the Derby webpage he's tall and for what I can remember commands his area well

i thought that. but a derby fan came on here last night and gave his opinion on him. derby fans dont rate him at all.
but he will perform great here and help take us up :D (when he signs) :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:49 am

Tony, topcat, Stephen Bywater drove down to Cardiff this morning and the paperwork is likely to be signed today.

I am absolutely gutted that both our keepers are out injured but hopefully we will see Heaton back before the April fixtures.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:51 am

carlccfc wrote:Tony, topcat, Stephen Bywater drove down to Cardiff this morning and the paperwork is likely to be signed today.

I am absolutely gutted that both our keepers are out injured but hopefully we will see Heaton back before the April fixtures.

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:54 am

milly44 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Jason Brown has signed a 1 month loan deal with us yesterday,as cover for Tom Heaton who will be out for 4-5 weeks,and David Marshall will be out longer.

correct topcat. he hasnt officially signed yet though. but it looks very likely :ayatollah:

Thanks milly ;)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 am

i couldnt find where you had posted it earlier, sorry if your phone was going mad. i hadnt refreshed my page :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 am

so what is the injury that heaton has and how long will he be out,also which one off the new keepers is gonna start 2moro and be the new no 1 and who,ll be on the bench...also doesnt havign 2 loan keepers leave us with only 3 outfield ones to use i guess bellers ,jet and koumas

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 am

I think Bywater is a very good signing, another player with Premier League experience :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:00 am

I'm at the vale bywater is out there training looks a better keeper than Jason brown :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:19 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 413984.stm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:24 am

Brown must be gutted, loaned out to a championship club as cover for another loan!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:32 am

Looks like Des Parrot of ccmb was right

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:36 pm

d20 wrote:so what is the injury that heaton has and how long will he be out,also which one off the new keepers is gonna start 2moro and be the new no 1 and who,ll be on the bench...also doesnt havign 2 loan keepers leave us with only 3 outfield ones to use i guess bellers ,jet and koumas

Heaton has a groin strain (last time i had that was back in the 90's) ;)

As for the loan players d20,i think you are correct with 5 and how things will work out with 2 keepers in the match day squad.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm

I've always thought of Bywater as a good keeper, he would be my preference over Brown

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:54 pm

I feel happier about Brown now we've got a better keeper on loan \o/

Reading the walesonline bit, seems Brown out of contract with Blackburn - seems they are getting rid, hence his 3 loan spells this season.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Lets hope Bywater gets more playing time compared to last time he was with us :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 pm

All Signed and Now we have 2 Goalkeepers on short term :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bywater will prob start against Ipswich T.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38396 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm

CardiffDom wrote:Looks like Des Parrot of ccmb was right

What did he say ? and who is he ?

Re: " OUR 2 NEW KEEPERS - UPDATE. "

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Annis he is the same as Carl is on here. Allways seems to get it right before anyone else. I havnt known him to be wrong yet

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Annis he is the same as Carl is on here. Allways seems to get it right before anyone else. I havnt known him to be wrong yet

Cheers, Fair play to the man, Just never heard of him, I hope Carl has not got 2 names :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Friday, 4 March 2011

Stephen Bywater completes Cardiff City loan move

Stephen Bywater has been with Derby County since August 2006
Cardiff City have signed Derby County goalkeeper Stephen Bywater on loan until the end of the season.
Bywater, 29, has recovered from a rib injury but is unlikely to oust Frank Fielding who is with the Rams for the remaining 12 games of the season.
The deal has a clause allowing Derby to recall Bywater with 24 hours notice.
He is the second keeper Cardiff have signed in 24 hours after Jason Brown arrived on a month's loan from Blackburn Rovers on Thursday.
The Bluebirds need goalkeepers because first-choice keeper Tom Heaton has a groin injury and is out for up to five weeks.
Heaton's deputy David Marshall is out for the rest of the season after having elbow reconstruction surgery.
"We didn't have a goalkeeper in the football club so it was a case of we needed two in and thankfully we got them," said Cardiff boss Dave Jones.
"We were looking at outfield players to go in goal the other day, but that's what the emergency loan is there for.
"We were just unfortunate that Tom tore an adductor muscle in the game on Saturday so it was a case of getting out and having a list we had and went through it.
"Jason and Stephen were on that list."

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38396 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 pm

So would I be right to presume Bywater is your new number 1 from tomorrow :?:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:So would I be right to presume Bywater is your new number 1 from tomorrow :?:

Stan

Temporary NO 1.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Very unwelcome distraction changing a GK at this stage of the season, especially just as your back line looked as if it was back to its near on best. He will have to learn mighty fast your back 4's habits & faults. Very big ask.

Well I guess if it goes tits up (which I'm sure it won't) DJ has a get out of jail card now. :roll:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 pm

If someone did a poll between Jason Brown and Stephen Bywater, and Claire Tomlinson, Sky Sports News Presenter and massive Spurs fan, was allowed to vote, I don't think she would vote for Bywater!!! The lad appears to be a bit of a character and not shy in coming forward.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/stephen-bywat ... ar-173531/ Click on his

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bywater Look in the "Personal Life" part of it.

Should be fun, wants to be a Mixed Martial Arts fighter or Cage Fighter soon. Welcome to Cardiff son!!

PS Who could forget this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... twork.html

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
GarethGardner wrote:Annis he is the same as Carl is on here. Allways seems to get it right before anyone else. I havnt known him to be wrong yet

Cheers, Fair play to the man, Just never heard of him, I hope Carl has not got 2 names :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree Annis,fair play to Des for making all us Cardiff fans aware of the interest in Bywater,was it last night ?
We have updated All CCFC fans on what has happened today,here and on other threads ;)

All we want as fans is to be kept up to date with what is going on at our club.....And PROMOTION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: