Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WALES REFERENDUM 2011

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 pm

What's happening with Betsan Powys? She looks rough as f**k these days.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 pm

12TH VOTE IN FLINTSHIRE VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:someone tell me how Wales would run itself without the help of the UK goverment ?

we get investment from the EU, atm they have funded us £2billion to redevelop shiteholes in wales...shame that £2billion couldnt voer all of wales...and cause we are a poor country they give us a further £500million which then goes to our economy. If we went independant all the tax earned in wales would go to our government which should generate soem more money despite how stupidly high the unemployment rate in this country is. Then to really get us on track to get out of this mess the bankers have oh so kindly left us in, we can trade with other countries and kick those lazy bastards on the dole up the ass to get a job. (not all people on dole are lazy) :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 pm

13TH VOTE IN CAERPHILLY VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:someone tell me how Wales would run itself without the help of the UK goverment ?

we get investment from the EU, atm they have funded us £2billion to redevelop shiteholes in wales...shame that £2billion couldnt voer all of wales...and cause we are a poor country they give us a further £500million which then goes to our economy. If we went independant all the tax earned in wales would go to our government which should generate soem more money despite how stupidly high the unemployment rate in this country is. Then to really get us on track to get out of this mess the bankers have oh so kindly left us in, we can trade with other countries and kick those lazy bastards on the dole up the ass to get a job. (not all people on dole are lazy) :ayatollah:

Fair comment

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm

14TH VOTE IN VALE OF GLAMORGAN VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:pathetic...yes what a load of shit. all these patriotic Welsh that want to "be free", but are still happy to take money of the UK goverment and play in the English league.

Plaid Cymru must be dancing around a fire somwhere chanting victory.

What the f**k has independence from England got to do with yesterdays vote? This vote is about less bureaucracy and less waste and more local control of local issues.

I live in England and am highly cynical of most things to do with politicians, I f*cking despise most of those cunts but this issue will actually benefit Wales in my opinion.
Last edited by CF14-SE14 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm

15H VOTE IN TORFAEN VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:00 pm

The looney left will have a field day. Don't say you haven't been warned. Hope they don't send us into a third world nation. Will the last one to cross the Bridge please turn the lights off. Oh dear

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:00 pm

16TH VOTE IN CEREDIGION VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:15H VOTE IN TORFAEN VOTED YES :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thank feck for common sense :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:02 pm

17TH VOTE IN BRIDGEND VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The looney left will have a field day. Don't say you haven't been warned. Hope they don't send us into a third world nation. Will the last one to cross the Bridge please turn the lights off. Oh dear

This has nothing to do with the left or right, they both want it as has been said over and over.
It will just mean less time wasting by unelected politicians which can be even worse than elected politicians.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The looney left will have a field day. Don't say you haven't been warned. Hope they don't send us into a third world nation. Will the last one to cross the Bridge please turn the lights off. Oh dear

You don't think Westminster would be naive enough to give us that much power do you? It's obvious we can't subsidise ourselves. Anyone who wants full independence is living in dream land right now. I'm not saying it's not a possibility in the future but right now it isn't.

The WAG have been ruling with their hands tied behind their back, bound by Westminster. This referendum victory will allow WAG to pass laws quicker and remedy any mistakes they might make quicker as well rather than going back and forth to Westminster in a laborious process which is why our rule is so shoddy because the bureaucracy takes multiple times longer than it should.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Zabier wrote:

You don't think Westminster would be naive enough to give us that much power do you? It's obvious we can't subsidise ourselves. Anyone who wants full independence is living in dream land right now. I'm not saying it's not a possibility in the future but right now it isn't.

The WAG have been ruling with their hands tied behind their back, bound by Westminster. This referendum victory will allow WAG to pass laws quicker and remedy any mistakes they might make quicker as well rather than going back and forth to Westminster in a laborious process which is why our rule is so shoddy because the bureaucracy takes multiple times longer than it should.

Spot on Zab :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 pm

18TH VOTE IN CARMARTHENSHIRE VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:16 pm

19TH VOTE IN GOD'S COUNTRY ( AKA RHONDDA CYNON TAFF ) VOTED YES :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Why is Ali Yassine in the welsh assembly building just seen him applauding go on Ali :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Why is Ali Yassine in the welsh assembly building just seen him applauding go on Ali :lol: :ayatollah:

he was supporting the yes campaign :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:Why is Ali Yassine in the welsh assembly building just seen him applauding go on Ali :lol: :ayatollah:

he was supporting the yes campaign :ayatollah:

Fair play to Ali he's a legend top bloke :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 pm

aye :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

ALI'S ON THE TELLY , ALI'S ON THE TELLY NAH NAH NAH NAH :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:ALI'S ON THE TELLY , ALI'S ON THE TELLY NAH NAH NAH NAH :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

would it be great if he done the :ayatollah: ? :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

20TH VOTE IN MONMOUTHSHIRE VOTED NO ( THE BASTARDS ) BY 328 VOTES NO AYATOLLAH FOR MONMOUTHSHIRE :twisted:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:ALI'S ON THE TELLY , ALI'S ON THE TELLY NAH NAH NAH NAH :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

would it be great if he done the :ayatollah: ? :ayatollah:

Be f*cking quality :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:27 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:20TH VOTE IN MONMOUTHSHIRE VOTED NO ( THE BASTARDS ) BY 328 VOTES NO AYATOLLAH FOR MONMOUTHSHIRE :twisted:

oh no its all over :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Monmouthshire votes No. No: 12,381. Yes: 12,701

looks like a yes to me :shock:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

No offence BB but this looks like a quote from one those sleazy lefty turds on CCMB, except for the last sentance of course which would have them frothing at the mouth :shock:

Wales would get nothing (for free) from the EU, as its nowhere near the poorest country in Europe. For a start its not a country but if even it were I doubt it would make the top ten. I fully appreciate that you are picking this up from elsewhere but someone should emphasise that the EU doesn't give money, it LENDS money to countries in "need". The 2 billion you refer to would be part of a much larger allocation in the form of structured "grants" to the UK to address a variety of issues and would have had to have been matched with money from the UK government, the gearing mechanisms are far too complex to go into here plus I'd have to look it up as it not my area, I'm on the technical and institutional capacity development side. I know there some people who want a "free" Wales but many, many more who can actually see what would happen (Ireland is a great example).

I just nipped onto CCMB to see what the singled celled organisms were writing about this referendum thingy but it appears the usual suspects have yet to arise from their slumbers and their sheeple appear to be more concerned with giving the liberal leader a leathering (some really odd types on that board) which I am assuming has something to do with a byelection in Barnsley. Barnsley for fucks sake, the Klu Klux Klan would stand more chance of winning an election in Kingston Jamica than a Tory or Liberal would in that hovel. Barnsley, the Swansea of the North :roll:

I'm depressed now, can't even go out to admire nice young danish ladies as I've got the b*stard flu, what a shit day I hope tomorrow brings another glorious victory for Cardiff on the onward march to the Premier. :(

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Monmouthshire votes No. No: 12,381. Yes: 12,701

looks like a yes to me :shock:

Its a certain no from Monmouthshire had to be a recount just been announced again sytill no ayatollah :twisted: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

well bare in mind i got it from it from the plaid cymru site (bite of a green supporter :lol:) and all politicions lie....but im pretty sure it was a grant and grants are given without given back so are funds...and wales ARE amongst the poorest of countries (it is a country of sorts) even thoguh i got that bit from the BEEB