Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Your the manager...here's the dilemma..

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 pm

You want to play your beloved 4-4-2 and there are players chomping at the bit to get in the team, you have:

- Chopra who is getting chances but finding it hard to put them away, but is our highest scorer striker
- Bothroyd who is well, Bothroyd
- McCormack, last season's top scorer looks useful when he plays and isn't afraid to shoot, he can also play left mid
- Feeney, deserves a chance but unless he scores a hat-trick from the bench I can't see DJ picking him
- Burke very good and always look to take someone on, creates and scores
- Whitts, very annoying comes across lazy and shits out of tackles, but keeps scoring and sets a lot up
- Ledley, 1 game left then he's out, who takes his place
- Rae, he's doing his best, personally I think he's getting slated too much, if you watch him he cuts a lot of balls out
- Darcy, he's got to be ready to slot in, he's old enough now, but where is his best position, I think CM
- Wildig, impressive start, hard to judge after so little games
- Taiwo, looked great V Bristol but bloody dreadful V Jacks
- Etuhu, WTF has happened here??
- Matthews, superb start, great going forward, still needs experience
- Kennedy, solid with an old head, but hasn't got the legs anymore
- Hudson, bad start, getting better and he is our captain, must be a reason for that
- Gerrard, young hungry, seems nuts, decent enough
- Gyepes, solid when he plays, hasn't done anything to get dropped
- Mcnaughton, by far the most consistent player at the club, injuries are starting to worry though
- Quinn, very average
- Marshall, great signing
- Enklemen, great backup

Personally I would like to see McCormack on the left midfield, I think he done very well there last season and scored a lot of goals. This means Chopra and Jay can play up front. I would play Burke on the right and Blake and Rae in Midfield. Marshall would be first on the teamsheet. Mcnaughton when fit would have to play, with Matthews the other side. I would have Gerrard and Gyepes as the centre backs.

I have dropped Whittingham because I think he's looking sluggish and I think Rossco needs to play, I would drop Hudson because I think the other 2 are better.

Whats your thoughts?

Re: Your the manager...here's the dilemma..

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:33 pm

I think you're worrying tooooo much friend!! :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Bored... :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:35 pm

JOP wrote:You want to play your beloved 4-4-2 and there are players chomping at the bit to get in the team, you have:

Disagree with a few things here Jop;

- Whitts, is a different player this season for me. He'd be our best player this season if it wasn't for the phenomenal form of Chris Burke.
- Ledley, it doesn't matter who takes his place, a person who can tackle and pass would help.
- Rae, Darcy, not good enough for the playoffs.
- Taiwo, cost us the goal against the Wurzels. No positional awareness, no tackling ability. Therefore a total flop for a defensive midfielder.

For me the team would be this;
Marshall
Matthews, Hudson, Gyepes, McNaughts
Burke, Wildig, Whittingham, McCormack
Chops + Boths.

Subs: Encks, Gerrard, Capaldi, Rae, Darcy, Etuhu (if he's still with us?!), Feeney.

That bench is very short, but the first team remains a good, playoff level side. With McPhail back soon hopefully we can push on.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm

i wouldnt drop whitts
hes our top scorer, yes he looks slugish on times but for some reason every time he gets the ball i feel hes going to create something

my team would be

marshall
mcnaughton hudson gerrard matthews
mccormack whitts wildig burke
chopra bothroyd

:ayatollah: