Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If/when we do go up

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:00 pm

If or when we go up this season, what kind of Cardiff City would you like to see us become next season? Do we become a Blackpool playing attractive football, scoring our fair share of goals, shipping quite a few, scaring some of the bigger, more established clubs but always living on a knife-edge as far as relegation is concerned? Or would you prefer us to be another Stoke? Big, physical, not great to watch but a match for most teams outside the top 4 or 5 and comfortably in mid-table every season, not going up, not going down?

I'm torn between the 2 really. Stoke have done a great job and look likely to stay up for a good number of seasons but, lets face it, they're not the kind of team you relish watching, even iof they do fill their ground regularly. Blackpool likewise, but I don't think I could handle seeing us shipping as many goals as they have this season

Re: If/when we do go up

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

im swaying towards stoke. off the pitch yes the noise they make is great.
and quite regulaly we as fans moan about no passion etc. well if we were a stoke type team, physical, who would run through walls for each other and there manager every week and finish 17th id take that :D
wouldnt mind a few 5-4 games though. 60/40 stoke :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm

As long as we can stay up who gives a shit ? We can and must hold our self there for a few season then when we have the money we can buy better players and I hope bring in some new Welsh players from our youth sides. :ayatollah: There are too much Welsh player we have lost,when we should have brought them on our selfs, Lets get there first.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm

milly44 wrote:im swaying towards stoke. off the pitch yes the noise they make is great.
and quite regulaly we as fans moan about no passion etc. well if we were a stoke type team, physical, who would run through walls for each other and there manager every week and finish 17th id take that :D
wouldnt mind a few 5-4 games though. 60/40 stoke :ayatollah:

Yeah, Milly, you're right about the noise and passion. They've made their ground a bit of a cauldron and a fortress. And, ironically, it's an all seater ground, and (fairly) new

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:11 pm

It would have to be all out attack, just try and score more than we concede every game. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:17 pm

nobby wrote:It would have to be all out attack, just try and score more than we concede every game. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:It would have to be all out attack, just try and score more than we concede every game. :ayatollah:

Might pop in The Canton Cross for a few tomorrow,see you in there probably. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:27 pm

nobby wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Might pop in The Canton Cross for a few tomorrow,see you in there probably. :ayatollah:

best form of defence is ATTACK!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:54 pm

bit early to topic going up yet, lets concentrate on here and now, thats getting there in the first place. there will still be a few twists and wow results between now and the end of the season. We just have to hold our nerve and get behind the boys , make some NOISE tomorrow:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

LIKE BLACKPOOL I SAY AND IF WE GO DOWN THEN WE GO DOWN FIGHTING. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: