Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO,CARL,ANNIS,SINCE 62,TONY BLUE WILLIAMS.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:06 pm

if we went up, sorry, when we go up,whats your oppinion on our current debt would promotion be sufficient tto clear our debts and pay agreed bonuses to the squad,taking into account the added cost of trying to keep us in the prem.honest answers please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FAO,CARL,ANNIS,SINCE 62,TONY BLUE WILLIAMS.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 pm

beddau blue wrote:if we went up, sorry, when we go up,whats your oppinion on our current debt would promotion be sufficient tto clear our debts and pay agreed bonuses to the squad,taking into account the added cost of trying to keep us in the prem.honest answers please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Personally I think,Yes it could pay Most of the Major Debts off , But then in My Opinion We would have hardly any money to build a New Squad. Just My Opinion, But an Excellent Question. Over to the others :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
beddau blue wrote:if we went up, sorry, when we go up,whats your oppinion on our current debt w ould promotion be sufficient tto clear our debts and pay agreed bonuses to the squad,taking into account the added cost of trying to keep us in the prem.honest answers please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Personally I think,Yes it could pay Most of the Major Debts off , But then in My Opinion We would have hardly any money to build a New Squad. Just My Opinion, But an Excellent Question. Over to the others :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks annis personally i think and i know ill get slated for this,but it would be excellent if we went up,but not so bad if we came straight back down.at least our major debts would be cleared (big sigh of releif) :ayatollah: and with any parachute payment would be able to start a new season on a better footing than most probably any of us can remember :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm

for me this is why jonesy shoudlve played more youngsters...if we go up (IF) we should spend the money on the debt and use the youngsters (who at the time wouldve gained some experience and would fit in the squad) then if we stayed up....well...we could do wonders with the rediculous amount of money given towards us from being in the big boys league...not only that but the youngsters wouldve matured, gained even more experience..and become stars....buuuuut the idiot sold matthews on the cheap, hardly played jarvis (got potential), let magennis go (couldve got somewhere but now warms aberdeens bench), loaned wildig to hammies which has got to an absolute blunder...the only youngster whos in our sqaud and has achieved a great level of performance is blake who i think is injured :shocked:

Oh To Be A Bluebird :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:for me this is why jonesy shoudlve played more youngsters...if we go up (IF) we should spend the money on the debt and use the youngsters (who at the time wouldve gained some experience and would fit in the squad) then if we stayed up....well...we could do wonders with the rediculous amount of money given towards us from being in the big boys league...not only that but the youngsters wouldve matured, gained even more experience..and become stars....buuuuut the idiot sold matthews on the cheap, hardly played jarvis (got potential), let magennis go (couldve got somewhere but now warms aberdeens bench), loaned wildig to hammies which has got to an absolute blunder...the only youngster whos in our sqaud and has achieved a great level of performance is blake who i think is injured :shocked:

where on earth do you get blakes great level of performance from :?:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:14 pm

beddau blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:for me this is why jonesy shoudlve played more youngsters...if we go up (IF) we should spend the money on the debt and use the youngsters (who at the time wouldve gained some experience and would fit in the squad) then if we stayed up....well...we could do wonders with the rediculous amount of money given towards us from being in the big boys league...not only that but the youngsters wouldve matured, gained even more experience..and become stars....buuuuut the idiot sold matthews on the cheap, hardly played jarvis (got potential), let magennis go (couldve got somewhere but now warms aberdeens bench), loaned wildig to hammies which has got to an absolute blunder...the only youngster whos in our sqaud and has achieved a great level of performance is blake who i think is injured :shocked:

im sorry but hes performed well...alright then...lets put it in another word...more improved...

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
beddau blue wrote:

im sorry but hes performed well...alright then...lets put it in another word...more improved...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:28 pm

beddau blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
beddau blue wrote:if we went up, sorry, when we go up,whats your oppinion on our current debt w ould promotion be sufficient tto clear our debts and pay agreed bonuses to the squad,taking into account the added cost of trying to keep us in the prem.honest answers please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks annis personally i think and i know ill get slated for this,but it would be excellent if we went up,but not so bad if we came straight back down.at least our major debts would be cleared (big sigh of releif) :ayatollah: and with any parachute payment would be able to start a new season on a better footing than most probably any of us can remember :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Funny story is that was discussed by a load of us the other day.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:28 pm

I do wish we had a few class youngsters in our team.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

we did but we sold em cause we needed the cash remember? :lol:

ahh what a fustrating club :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

we did but we sold em cause we needed the cash remember? :lol:

ahh what a fustrating club :lol:

Lets hope, Future owners learn by our past Mistakes and we dont get any more conmen like the Riddler again.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:27 pm

beddau blue wrote:if we went up, sorry, when we go up,whats your oppinion on our current debt would promotion be sufficient tto clear our debts and pay agreed bonuses to the squad,taking into account the added cost of trying to keep us in the prem.honest answers please :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That depends on what policy is followed in terms of wages and transfer fees paid if we go up.

The income will certainly be greatly increased. In the last accounts , which covered last season , total income was £17m, In the Premiership , even the team that finishes bottom and has the minimum number of televised games , gets about £35m (Portsmouth did and they were dire)that season. Then a relegated team gets £16m a season for the first 2 seasons followed by £8m a season for years 3 and 4 (unless promoted again). Also our home games would almost certainly be virtual sell outs (even in the Premier Club) so more match day income as well as more sponsorship/advertising deals.

So it will be a balance between strengthening the squad with higher wages to try and stay up or accepting that we will struggle with a weaker but cheaper squad.

West Brom did it the prudent way , but ended up yo-yo ing between divisions.Stoke spent a bit more but it helped them to stay up. Portsmouth went the other way , spent far more than they could possibly afford and it came back to haunt them badly.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:

wishing is a wonderful thing. keep wishing !

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:16 am

Dont worry bout the debt if we go up, it will become an irrelevance. The club, ground, city is all geared up for long term stay there and become a force in the footy world. The catchment area will finally come into force. This is the hardest hurdle, we will laugh about this debt in years to come