Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goalkeeper injuries us vs jacks

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Since Devries has gone to the Jacks he's missed no more than a handful of games.

Meanwhile we get one injury after another to ours.

Luck, or are we doing something wrong.

Also Williams no injury in 3 to 4 seasons since he's been there, in a position where you would expect an injury every season (centre half).

Of their other 2 top players Sinclair was 'rested' for a couple of games and Rangel has had a couple of injuries.

Contrast that with us where only Whitts and Hudson have been ever present and Hudson missed a big chunk of last season.

About time our friends down West had a spell without a couple of these lads.

Seriously, I think the 2 sides out of the top 5 who will get automatic will be the ones who can keep their top players fit and on form for this final last spell, and with both our keepers out and our midfield stopper we've had a bad start to it.

Re: Goalkeeper injuries us vs jacks

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Good post.

Injuries can sometimes be prevented-i.e. muscular often can through warm up etc..

Others like Dexter Blackstock had real misfortune.

Hopefully the jacks will have to manage without sinclair and williams for a chunk of their run in.

Re: Goalkeeper injuries us vs jacks

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:31 pm

I've always wondered whether it was somethin that the team were doin wrong that was causin the injuries,look at how many players we had out last season at certain times,luckily we haven't had it too bad this season (touch wood) but the jacks never seem to get any,who knows.