Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOUT

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Had gout after the Forest game and havent touched a drop since but its cleared up and tomorrows my first trial run back on the ale!!

Trouble is I have to avoid certain food/drink one of which is stuff containing yeast! So cider it is tomorrow, not normally a cider drinker so wish me luck!! Oh and if I bump into you tomorrow its my drinking gyro in action so apologies in advance! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: GOUT

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:05 pm

my old man had this a while back and was in agony, so i feel for you!

apparently in the olden days it was a condition of good living that wealthy people got. too much red meat and fine wine! :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Don't think we will notice you with all them hooters on show :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

its known, as the rich mans illness,you mention cider, but i think its champagne :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:my old man had this a while back and was in agony, so i feel for you!

apparently in the olden days it was a condition of good living that wealthy people got. too much red meat and fine wine! :lol:

Rings a bell!! :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Don't think we will notice you with all them hooters on show :lol: :lol:

Yes tomorrow is all about mind over hooters! :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 pm

ninianblue wrote:its known, as the rich mans illness,you mention cider, but i think its champagne :ayatollah: :lol:

Aaah I should be safe then! :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Some relatives have had this recently and were in agony so genuinly feel for you mate. Enjoy your day back on the piss. You'll regret it sunday :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:Some relatives have had this recently and were in agony so genuinly feel for you mate. Enjoy your day back on the piss. You'll regret it sunday :lol:

Oh I will....feck Sunday live every day like its your last is my motto.....one day I'll be right! :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear you have gout still suffer with it mySELF. My advice is dont drink CIDER / LAGER /RED WINE they are the worst to drink.Also find it plays up after a few days if the weather is cold not sure if that makes a difference but it s hell when it do.Had 7 weeks of pain before i took DICLOFENIC not sure on spelling but there MARVELOUS. Good luck with it mate.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Sorry to hear you have gout still suffer with it mySELF. My advice is dont drink CIDER / LAGER /RED WINE they are the worst to drink.Also find it plays up after a few days if the weather is cold not sure if that makes a difference but it s hell when it do.Had 7 weeks of pain before i took DICLOFENIC not sure on spelling but there MARVELOUS. Good luck with it mate.

So what drink do you suggest Rob??

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Dange wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:Sorry to hear you have gout still suffer with it mySELF. My advice is dont drink CIDER / LAGER /RED WINE they are the worst to drink.Also find it plays up after a few days if the weather is cold not sure if that makes a difference but it s hell when it do.Had 7 weeks of pain before i took DICLOFENIC not sure on spelling but there MARVELOUS. Good luck with it mate.

So what drink do you suggest Rob??

VODKA AND COKE OR RED BULL OR APPLE JUICE :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 pm

I drink the odd beer but mostly i drink white wine dont seem to suffer to much with wine. :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Painfull :cry:

Re: GOUT UPDATE

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 am

Just an update......stayed on the Bow all day yesterday and woke up right as rain! Cider is the way forward now! :D
Great to meet a few Lads off the MB yesterday! Hopefully do an away trip with everyone before the seasons up :ayatollah: Oh and Claire...wowsers!!! 8-) 8-) :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:37 am

cider is the worst of all. i am on alluprinol which staves it off, cider is the worst and stay away from PORK :D :old:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:cider is the worst of all. i am on alluprinol which staves it off, cider is the worst and stay away from PORK :D :old:

I know its bad Baz but I just cant see me sat there with white wine spritzers all day :lol:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 am

Dange wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:cider is the worst of all. i am on alluprinol which staves it off, cider is the worst and stay away from PORK :D :old:

I know its bad Baz but I just cant see me sat there with white wine spritzers all day :lol:

TRY NEAT VODKA IT WORKED FOR ME AT FOREST AWAY well almost anyway, you just donk keep f**k all down :D

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:00 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Dange wrote:

TRY NEAT VODKA IT WORKED FOR ME AT FOREST AWAY well almost anyway, you just donk keep f**k all down :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ive heard.....your reputation precedes you :pukeright:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Nightmare.
My gout went mouldy and I had to re-do the whole bathroom! :lol:

sorry mate couldnt resist. hope it gets better. my old man had it bad but it improved with treatment.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 pm

take diclofenic as an anti inflammatoty, or ask your GP for ALLopurinol which stops the build up of uric acid that causes the gout, Works for me a treat and im always getting acold one from the fridge :old:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 pm

[Drink plenty of water it dilutes the uric acid that forms in the joints

I also import a celery seed exttract from canada ( you cannot buy this strength in this country )

I had it all over xmas -fuckin painful as f**k couldn't walk

A mixture of 2-3 pints of water a day & these celery capsules work a treat

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Here are two products that will work to control gout flares. Both can be shipped to UK. Good Luck gout really sucks !

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-Ce ... /2710?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy- ... /7121?at=0

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Mr Moonmouse I took your advice on the celery seed & it works

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Mr Moonmouse I took your advice on the celery seed & it works

Great so pleased for you! Gout really sucks the life from you as it's very painful. Consider trying the other product at link , both these products work and work well to keep gout flares under control without drugs.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:44 pm

I was in agony over xmas - After taking these much better now but I now drink 2-3 pints of water a day