" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN TODAYS SOUTH WALES ECHO "

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 am

" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN TODAYS SOUTH WALES ECHO "

DO YOU AGREE WITH HIM ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28282481/
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN TODAYS SOUTH WALES ECHO "

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:59 am

Today's late kick off will help. Always a better atmosphere after a few extra pints!!!
Problem is, people get on the players backs even quicker if we don't start well.

Its about time our fans learnt what real support is. i.e encouraging our players not abusing them for every little mistake.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:01 am

From Facebook

Dai Jones
Yes,but the atmosphere will never ever be the same in my book and all this no standing shit don't help.
2 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

Annis Abraham Jnr
I agree with you Dai. And especially with the people who now run it, Jenkins and Nash Dont want Atmosphere.
2 seconds ago · Like

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 am

ninian park was the 12th man on its day nothing could even come close to the atmosphere it created, even if it was 3k or 15k when it got going it was electric. :ayatollah:

pity the new stadium will never get like the good old ninian park!!!sadly missed big time... :( :(

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 am

ROBERTO MARONI wrote:Today's late kick off will help. Always a better atmosphere after a few extra pints!!!
Problem is, people get on the players backs even quicker if we don't start well.

Its about time our fans learnt what real support is. i.e encouraging our players not abusing them for every little mistake.

SPOT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 am

muscles76 wrote:ninian park was the 12th man on its day nothing could even come close to the atmosphere it created, even if it was 3k or 15k when it got going it was electric. :ayatollah:

pity the new stadium will never get like the good old ninian park!!!sadly missed big time... :( :(

Sadly Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:12 am

From Facebook

Dai Jones

Jenkins and nash OUT lol something needs 2 be done tho the atmosphere is pretty poor on times.
3 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:17 am

Great article and I agree with Carl. Just sums up why I go to football. To try and create a atmosphere that will give your players a lift and put the opposition off their game.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 am

ROBERTO MARONI wrote:Its about time our fans learnt what real support is. i.e encouraging our players not abusing them for every little mistake.

i couldnt agree more, our fans are so fickle at times, when you see our team passing the ball around and being all over the opposition then if one of our players makes a bad pass the moans and comments i hear from the stands are pathetic :oops:

even real madrid, man utd, chelsea make stray passes and lose possesion :old:

back them the team dont slate them :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 pm

bang on Carl Atmosphere is crap.

I blame that idiot Gethin Jenkins. Clueless what foot is suppossed to be about.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 pm

YES ! Carl is right, but what he didnt really say or point out is that you must also remember is not just our fans that makes it rock its the away fans also.
I mean we all seen how many fans that Scunny had, Not many at all. So it was kind of ok for us ,but think of a team Like Wolves and The Blues of Brummies which have a mass of fans that travel and of course the fans go even more crazy when a team scores, or comes near to scoring. Which means our fans have to chant more and sing more to be heard,and with a smaller ground like the old Ninian the noise stays in more and sounds more than it would in a ground like we have now.
So its up to us the fans to sing more, chant more, even if its not a big club with a small fan bass that comes to play us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Dai Jones

Jenkins and nash OUT lol something needs 2 be done tho the atmosphere is pretty poor on times.
3 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

they don't create the atmosphere the fans do........it up to you/us!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 pm

From Facebook

Daniel Picton
It seems 2 me that only wen we score it livens up abit the atmosphere but then dies down , in ninian park we always backed our team even wen we were losing it was a very HOSTILE atmosphere , and u get more of an atmosphere if poeple stand , not 2 sit down but thas my view.
2 hours ago · Like

Andrew Pryor
Ninian park has gone and wont be coming back,get over it boys.its up to us,the fans.us in 106 do our bit,what are the rest of you doing
about an hour ago · Like · 1 person

Daniel Picton
mateeeeee im in block 117 in the ninian stand and there r a group of us who sing and 2bh we make as jus noise as u , but on times the canton stand gets quiet!
about an hour ago · Like

Dai Jones
Move canton 2 grange lol but they won't do it
about an hour ago · Like · 1 person
Andrew Pryor Most home crowds are shit when we go away though,thats the nature of the modern game unfortunately
43 minutes ago · Like

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:47 pm

I agree with Carl.

But too many of our fans seem to think they are above it.

A guy sat by me has a right go, and I normally join in with him, often with 2 or 3 others by us. Rarely does anyone else near us join in . And this is in 115.

We can blame who we want, or the gorund, but at the end of the day it comes down to us, and too many are lazy and cant be bothered.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:50 pm

spot on carl.

and other people spot on with fans getting on there back to quick hope we start well as tension will be high due to everyone playing before us.

anyway make some POSITIVE NOISE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Carl,
I just want to say that as you know, I was critical of your last piece, but felt it only fair that I come on here today and say I thought your piece today was right on the money. A fan's view on the fans, which is where I think your section of the paper should be focussed.

It was the right time and place to say what you said today, and you said all the right things. Some may not agree, but your passion was compelling.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN TODAYS SOUTH WALES ECHO "

DO YOU AGREE WITH HIM ?

Agree that the 'legend of Ninian' was a mixed one. But. by Jesus, when we were up for it, we were certainly up for it in style!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:46 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN TODAYS SOUTH WALES ECHO "

DO YOU AGREE WITH HIM ?

Agree that the 'legend of Ninian' was a mixed one. But. by Jesus, when we were up for it, we were certainly up for it in style!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SPOT ON Sven, WE REALLY WERE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 am

Thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night, until there was no way back when it died.

But i despair at some of the whinging and booing. one thing stopped us getting 3 points today and that was lady Luck, and its not often I blame luck.

Just watched the highlights and its torture. We really could have got 4 or 5 before the had a serious shot on another day.

The performance against a reasonably decent side, for 60 minutes was as good as anything.

I wasnt at the Leicester game due to holidays, but from what I heard we had the luck that night, but actually played better today ?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:30 am

Lawnmower wrote:Thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night, until there was no way back when it died.

But i despair at some of the whinging and booing. one thing stopped us getting 3 points today and that was lady Luck, and its not often I blame luck.

Just watched the highlights and its torture. We really could have got 4 or 5 before the had a serious shot on another day.

The performance against a reasonably decent side, for 60 minutes was as good as anything.

I wasnt at the Leicester game due to holidays, but from what I heard we had the luck that night, but actually played better today ?

Tim, I agree for the first half hour the Atmosphere was good, which in this stadium is very rare.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Fully agree with "Our Correspondant; South Wales Echo". They normally give Carl the credit for their articles don't they.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:41 pm

jackland_bluebird wrote:Fully agree with "Our Correspondant; South Wales Echo". They normally give Carl the credit for their articles don't they.

Yes they do but every Saturday I have to ring the editor who then rings the relevant person to change it but the editor is away for a few days and I have to live with being the correspondent :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:50 am

Cheers Carl.

Look forward to tomorrows Column in the Echo and Your Next Update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: