Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Be interesting to see how we cope against ipswich

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 pm

without Ramsey.... been a massive difference to latest performances.

Re: Be interesting to see how we cope against ipswich

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Personally, I feel the midfield in the middle is too weak today. I would have even considered JET to just add some bulk. I am worried Ipswich will be able to just focus on the middle and expose our centre backs.

hopefully Steve we can get past Ipswich even if it is by an odd goal but Ramsey will be missed, like Oli and Heaton too.

I agree, but there we are, we have just got to get on with it.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 pm

We are going to rely on our strikers to hit the high notes today. A runaway 3 goal lead in the first 20 minutes will do, we have not done that for a while.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:47 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I agree, but there we are, we have just got to get on with it.

Agree mate, still think we will beat em 2-0

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:48 pm

We STILL have one of the stronmgest teams in the Championship. So lets not get down .Cmon boys there isnt a team out there we cant beat . CMon Bellers really Geee the lads up , get out there and come back with 3 BIG points , we are in a great position. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We are going to rely on our strikers to hit the high notes today. A runaway 3 goal lead in the first 20 minutes will do, we have not done that for a while.

That's an invite for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory if ever I saw one! :lol:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Zabier wrote:Personally, I feel the midfield in the middle is too weak today. I would have even considered JET to just add some bulk. I am worried Ipswich will be able to just focus on the middle and expose our centre backs.

I would also consider playing JET in a central midfield role.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Daya wrote:without Ramsey.... been a massive difference to latest performances.

Daya, It will be very interesting as before Ramsey came, Our Midfield never controlled games in my opinion.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Quick observation from our game with Ipswich.

Jimmy Bullard if given space will pick holes in you all day long, he is very good at finding space for himself & we all know his ability to find a pass. He pulled the strings for the first half hour at our place but after a talking to from Neil Warnock Shaun Derry got more physical with him & he did not like that at all, it actually totally threw him off his game so if you haven't a strong man in the middle I think you will struggle.

Up front Wickham is a big lump for a kid & along with Scotland's bulk also can cause problems but up against Fitz Hall & Danny Shittu at our gaff they never got a sniff, so I'm not sure how your back 4 deal with big forwards but if they contain them then I can only see 1 winner. Home win.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Quick observation from our game with Ipswich.

Jimmy Bullard if given space will pick holes in you all day long, he is very good at finding space for himself & we all know his ability to find a pass. He pulled the strings for the first half hour at our place but after a talking to from Neil Warnock Shaun Derry got more physical with him & he did not like that at all, it actually totally threw him off his game so if you haven't a strong man in the middle I think you will struggle.

Up front Wickham is a big lump for a kid & along with Scotland's bulk also can cause problems but up against Fitz Hall & Danny Shittu at our gaff they never got a sniff, so I'm not sure how your back 4 deal with big forwards but if they contain them then I can only see 1 winner. Home win.

Bollocks... we're screwed then because I can't imagine Whittingham and McPhail closing him down today. :(

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Zabier I would of said JET would be your main man today for that role if I'm honest.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Man for man there's not a lot of differnce between the sides IMHO.

Wickham, Scotland, Norris, Bullard, Mcauley, Edwards all good players.

I'd say that at least 4, maybe 5 of them would get in our side, along with Fulop

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Man for man there's not a lot of differnce between the sides IMHO.

I'd say that at least 4, maybe 5 of them would get in our side, along with Fulop

Rubbish.

The only one of theirs that might stand a chance of getting in our side is Damien Delaney.

In place of Quinny that is.

Has Wickham ever had an England cap? I don't believe he's better than Jay Bothroyd.

Oh yeah, just my opinion :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:06 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Man for man there's not a lot of differnce between the sides IMHO.

Rubbish.

The only one of theirs that might stand a chance of getting in our side is Damien Delaney.

Has Wickham ever had an England cap? I don't believe he's better than Jay Bothroyd.

Wickham playing in 5-man midfield today.

I'd have McAuley before Keinan.
Edwards over Quinn
Norris over McPhail
Bullard over Whittingham

Thats the 4.

Whickham or JET is debatable.
As is Chops or Scotland - I would go for Chops.

if you are picking the side on England caps then why wouldnt you have Bullard in it ?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Rubbish.

Edwards over Quinn
Norris over McPhail
Bullard over Whittingham

Thats the 4.

if you are picking the side on England caps then why wouldnt you have Bullard in it ?

Was layered with sarcasm that, but Carlos Edwards is a midfielder and not better than JET/Burkey. I wouldn't pick Norris over McPhail. You have to remember we're talking about a man with Champions League and Premiership experience in McPhail, whereas Norris is a bit of a football league journeyman who's best mates with a murderer.

Bullard and Whitts is the only real debate there that I can see and I wouldn't want to fork out the £50k a week for Bullard when we've already got Whittingham.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Edwards over Quinn
Norris over McPhail
Bullard over Whittingham

Thats the 4.

if you are picking the side on England caps then why wouldnt you have Bullard in it ?[/quote]

Was layered with sarcasm that, but Carlos Edwards is a midfielder and not better than JET/Burkey. I wouldn't pick Norris over McPhail. You have to remember we're talking about a man with Champions League and Premiership experience in McPhail, whereas Norris is a bit of a football league journeyman who's best mates with a murderer.

Bullard and Whitts is the only real debate there that I can see and I wouldn't want to fork out the £50k a week for Bullard when we've already got Whittingham.[/quote]

Edwards is playing full back these days mate.

Norris' mates dont really affect if he's a good footballer or not. Hardly journeyman. With Plymouth for years and Ipswich paid £2m for him. McPhail is decent enough, but I'd go for Norris.

Bullards wages arent the issue here.. who's the better player ? For me Bullard, who's proved himself in the prem and played for England wins hands down.

Only downside I'd say for these Ipswich players is that they are all getting a bit old now. We need to move them around, and use our pace. I can see JET being a key player and Bellamy nees to get at whichever of Kennedy or Edwards he comes up against. Really both JET AND Bellamy should have the beating of Kennedy.

The physical threat of Scotland and Wickham worries me, Wickham gave Gyepes and Hudson a tough time in the away game. Quinn could be key in helping out, his extra strength will give us the edge we were missing at Portman when Matthews was right back. If scotland tries to shove Quinn around like he did with Matthews he's risking a kick in the bollox. :lol:

I'm also concerned about the middle of midfield. McPhail and Whitts will be the most lightweight combination we've had since Vaughan and Flynn :lol: They are up against a tough trio in Leadbitter, Norris and Bullard and we risk getting over-run there.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 am

WE NOW HAVE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!!! :( :( :(

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:WE NOW HAVE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!!! :( :( :(

Yup , i still thought we would beat them, but my fears came true and we got done.

Bothroyd aint got the guts or bollocks to take the side up either. cant win fack all in the air and the tactics of just thumping the ball up to him are totally pointless.

I would have took him off half time . hes a bloody big primo nonce.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Daya wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:WE NOW HAVE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!!! :( :( :(

Yup , i still thought we would beat them, but my fears came true and we got done.

Bothroyd aint got the guts or bollocks to take the side up either. cant win fack all in the air and the tactics of just thumping the ball up to him are totally pointless.

I would have took him off half time . hes a bloody big primo nonce.

Should have come off after 60. Its not like we have no other options now with Parkin.

Jay fell over in the lead up to Ipswich's goal as well.
Poor performance from the BBc overall today, but luck won it for Ipswich today, simple as that. The goal was legit, and would be given 9 times out of 10 and not only was their keeper good he was also VERY lucky. 3 or 4 shots actually squirmed past him and could have gone in on another day, as for the one which bounced over well :o :? :evil: :roll:

Onwards and upwards, but just goes to show, no easy games in this league.
Looks like i was right in my above post ref Whitts or Bullard