Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Message for all those who are up for Chelsea

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Had a letter off my brother yesterday who was sent down for the Chelsea game, he seems in good spirits just bloody bored! As I am due up for trial for the same game next month he gave me a few tips on what to do if the worst happens. As I know a few more are up I thought I'd pass his tips on just in case they come in handy for anyone!

Things to take;
Wash bag with soap dish and toothbrush. He bought a load of toiletries but they wouldn't let him take anything in the scrubs.

Clothes - Boxers + Socks (about 6-7 pairs he said 5-6 but he's a smelly b*stard!) otherwise your stuck with prison issue which are not good! You cant wear any of your own clothes in the scrubs but if you move to Hewell they let you wear your own stuff. He thinks that they let you keep your own Joggers, T-Shirts and Jumpers and Jeans. He only got a Pair of Jeans and Polo top so he wears prison issue and keeps his 'best' for visits!

He also said that if they send you down you'll obviously have your suit on. When you get processed in the cells at the court change into something more comfortable.

Trainers - You can keep your trainers in the scrubs but you should take a spare pair for the Gym as well.

Other things to take;

Flip flops for the shower
Clock Radio
Books and plenty of them
Loads of writing paper and envelopes and stamps to get started.
Money he took in about £100. If you go to the scrubs you'll be processed and your money will go into an account for you.

Your first night you should spend in the induction wing you'll be given prison issue toiletries - crap soap, crap shower gel and crap toothpaste until you can buy your own.

Phone System
Your 1st night you're given a free 2 minute phone call. But after that you'll be given an 8 digit pin number for a phone account. On your induction you'll be given ONE chance to put upto £50 on your phone account DO IT!!! Cos after that you'll have to top up from your canteen money and thats less money to spend on other things. You'll also have to register your phone numbers you're planning to use. You're allowed upto 20 numbers. Obviously land lines use up less credit than mobiles. But you are only allowed 20 so pick wisely!!! And make sure that you have them all written down with you and you register them on your induction otherwise it takes ages to get them on your list after.

Take plenty of names and addresses of people you want to write to or visit cos all the people you want to visit you must be registered.

Plus take Puzzle books to keep the old grey matter going.

The boredom is the worst thing!

He did say that hopefully we wont all need this shit and you'll all be found not guilty, but it's better to be prepared!!!

I have heard info off people that you can take a playstation in with you and things like that but that sounds a bit far fetched to me! If anyone else has any tips and advice it will be appreciated as most of us are first timers!

Please no silly comments like 'don't do it'! cos they wont go down well!!!