Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones shocking - is he losing the plot?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Tonights loss was all contributed by the innabilities of dave jones to make a tactical change early enough to make a difference! Bothroyd should have been subbed for the second half, then he brings darcey Blake on when we're chasing the game, then we go 2-0 down and he brings parkin on! After removing jet (the best player on the pitch)! The only man that cost us 3pts tonight in my opinion was DAVE JONES.

No doubt he'll blame it on some other fucker tho.

Not a better opportunity to make up valuable points tonight on rivals, and once again jones has bottled it and wasted his chance.

From a very angry merlin! :evil:

Re: Dave Jones shocking - is he losing the plot?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Jones is a lifeless plum on the side. He looks like someone who is just clocking in and out of a normal job!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:52 pm

I respectfully disagree.

We should have been out of sight in this match.

Jones played a 4-3-3 in the first half; and we completely destroyed Ipswich.

Please don't call for his head due to a wonder strike and a deflection

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

DannyBluebird wrote:I respectfully disagree.

Completly agree

Today was probally the most unluckiest game ive ever seen city play

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Again some sense. But I sort of agree with Merlin, he could've brought the subs on earlier. Blake came on probably because Quinn had some sort of knock I'd imagine.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:57 pm

JET was my man of the match - looked most likely to score - why take him off ? ..............Whenever we concede i have complete and utterly no faith in DJ pulling the game back for us :evil: records for winning when we are losing 1-0 under DJ is horrific , Its becoming painfull as a city fan that the passion or tactics DJ attempts too install into the players when we concede very rarely works

My rant over ;)

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 pm

That is true.

We fuckin never come back from behind.

I still will not blame Dave Jones for tonights result though.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:01 pm

the buck stops with the manager,but to blame him for tonight is laughable ffs we battered them for 60 mins they score and knock the guts out of us with to long rangers.if you want to blame anyone i would pick they're keeper,i do agree with jay though shocking lately. ;)

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 pm

beaky wrote:the buck stops with the manager,but to blame him for tonight is laughable ffs we battered them for 60 mins they score and knock the guts out of us with to long rangers.if you want to blame anyone i would pick they're keeper,i do agree with jay though shocking lately. ;)

Spot on :ayatollah:

Mr David Jones is not a loser. He's just a man who NEVER wins!

And what did he play in the second half? A game is 90 mins long, not 45! Changes were not made to reflect the game! Ipswich are not that good a team, bothroyd was the laziest I've seen him all seen him all season, and jones showed no urgency to change our dire second half performance! f**k knows what was said at half time but it made us worse!!!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:04 pm

And what did he play in the second half? A game is 90 mins long, not 45! Changes were not made to reflect the game! Ipswich are not that good a team, bothroyd was the laziest I've seen him all seen him all season, and jones showed no urgency to change our dire second half performance! f**k knows what was said at half time but it made us worse!!!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:12 pm

shocking we had no right midfield did my head in, did jones change it no? yes there keeper some un real saves but to me that formation was shocking.

rant over

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Merlin wrote:

We were dominant in the first 10 minutes of the second half as well Merlin.

Bellamy's shot could easily have beaten another keeper.

JET had a shot that Fulop flopped at... and for fook sake it bounces over the bar :roll:

I'll admit that after Bullard scored for Ipswich, they were the better team. However, my point to yourself
tonight is simply that I don't think Jones is at fault.

Had we brought on Parkin for JB @ 60 mins, then who knows.

However, Parkin did fudge all when he came on. The guy has no confidence at the moment, typified by his attempted lob from 25 yards against Florist, when all he had to do was set his feet, and either play in Chopra; or make a run towards the 18, and then strike the ball ala Norwich.

Every one of us is angry and upset tonight; but I personally think that DJ picked the correct starting line up (as we outplayed and out performed Ipswich first half; and had Fulop not transformed into Ludek Miklosko for ''one night only''; we would have been comfortable winners); and were not helped by a completely incompetent official.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:30 pm

have to say their keeper fulop was class today!! but when we went 1-0 down dj should have made changes then!! take bothroyd off & parkin on straight away not wait until the end of the game!! why the hell take jet off the guy was class, the skill the boy has is incredible! & he was passing more today!!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:32 pm

what the f**k was he thinking when subing JET off :O he was absolutely tearing it apart :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:32 pm

brewer918 wrote:have to say their keeper fulop was class today!! but when we went 1-0 down dj should have made changes then!! take bothroyd off & parkin on straight away not wait until the end of the game!! why the hell take jet off the guy was class, the skill the boy has is incredible! & he was passing more today!!

Because he's a young lad who was probably knackered after his best game yet, and because of the fact that when he switched to the right, he had nowhere near the same amount of joy that he had on the left.

Agree with your point about Parkin though.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Merlin wrote:

I agree Merlin, half time changed the game, Jewell sorted his team out when Jones did f.ck all. I think he must have talked them to sleep with the half time team talk.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Merlin wrote:Tonights loss was all contributed by the innabilities of dave jones to make a tactical change early enough to make a difference! Bothroyd should have been subbed for the second half, then he brings darcey Blake on when we're chasing the game, then we go 2-0 down and he brings parkin on! After removing jet (the best player on the pitch)! The only man that cost us 3pts tonight in my opinion was DAVE JONES.

No doubt he'll blame it on some other fucker tho.

Not a better opportunity to make up valuable points tonight on rivals, and once again jones has bottled it and wasted his chance.

From a very angry merlin! :evil:

Merlin I might disagree with some of the specifics in your post but your overall point is absolutely spot on. Dave Jones is a great manager when his game plan goes without a hitch but he is totally inept when it comes to thinking on his feet as he is neither pro-active nor reactive during the game.

Firstly Jones did nothing about Ipswich’s tactical changes at half-time (which produced an immediate improvement in their performance) and when we went 1-0 down I watched him make stupid hand signals and his only tactical move was to swap JET from the left to the right wing. Unfortunately JET should have been taken off at that point, not because of his input but because he was dead on his feet and Jones’ favourite impact player (Chris Burke) would have brought more urgency and energy down that side.

Burke eventually got on with 18 minutes left on the clock and Parkin followed with 5 minutes to go but by then the game was lost, but it might have still been winnable if Jones had been more decisive towards Ipswich’s tactical changes at half-time and certainly when we went a goal behind.

In short Jones is our Achilles' heel as he is our fatal weakness in spite of overall strength of our playing squad. I really hope I’m proved wrong, but if we do fail then Dave Jones will be responsibile for blowing a golden chance.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Never had the plot.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 pm

i think we could have played all night and still not scored,there goalkeeper had a blinder...hence the sky mom. that said as soon as they scored there was a strong case to take both or at least one off of chops (who had a mare) or bothroyd who despite winning a fair amount of headers was bottled up by there centre half.The reluctance of jones not to make sub to the forward line till very late in the game is really baffelling for an experienced manager, and also very annoying for the supporters. :old: