Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

unlucky thats all we were

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 pm

we outplayed them for the first half and until their goal which was a lucky long range effort. on another day we wouldve been 4 up but their keeper saved them and got them the 3 points. once we conceeded our players heads dropped then didnt get them back up. too many fans getting on their backs. there was an arguement by me about someone slating the players all game. and my brother said he wittnessed the same infront of hm. wat has annoyed me the most was the fact 15 ipswich fans outsung us for most of the game. ahh well bring on palace on tuesday. i'll be there.

Re: unlucky thats all we were

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Agreed - we would've been 3-0 up at the break on another day,but i had a feelin they mite punish us,but we can't dwell on it :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Not down to luck this time, it was down to not taken out the guy ,the only guy that could have and did win it for them, Bullard !
every one knows how he can win game for anyone he plays for , like Bellers can win games for us.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:01 pm

We did play well, but Bothroyd needs to be dropped. I would rather a choice of Parkin, Chopra, Bellamy up front. Bothroyd doesnt win much in the air like Parkin does. He needs dropping - Cant remember when he last scored. :cry: :cry:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 pm

If we deserved to be 3 up by half-time then we would have been. Goalkeepers are paid to stop goals so I don't get this unlucky rubbish, when the truth is we flattered to decieve and failed to finish off our fancy dan approach.

Sorry but I look at Ipswich with envy as they had Jimmy Bullard who when presented with his chances he took them with relish.

Mind you having a decent manager also helps.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If we deserved to be 3 up by half-time then we would have been. Goalkeepers are paid to stop goals so I don't get this unlucky rubbish, when the truth is we flattered to decieve and failed to finish off our fancy dan approach.

Sorry but I look at Ipswich with envy as they had Jimmy Bullard who when presented with his chances he took them with relish.

Mind you having a decent manager also helps.

True,unlucky mite be the wrong word but u know full well on another day had luck been with us we would've been out of site by HT

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 pm

We had 5 good chances the first half and played well plenty of positives to take from it.

I thought McPhail was the best player on the pitch by some distance as well

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:21 pm

mmmmmmm, unlucky or not good enough, should be beating teams like this, if we are looking at automatics?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 pm

a horse with no name wrote:we outplayed them for the first half and until their goal which was a lucky long range effort. on another day we wouldve been 4 up but their keeper saved them and got them the 3 points. once we conceeded our players heads dropped then didnt get them back up. too many fans getting on their backs. there was an arguement by me about someone slating the players all game. and my brother said he wittnessed the same infront of hm. wat has annoyed me the most was the fact 15 ipswich fans outsung us for most of the game. ahh well bring on palace on tuesday. i'll be there.

but it was nil - nil and we needed a change around the 65 minute mark but oh no we cant take off bothroyd :roll:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We had 5 good chances the first half and played well plenty of positives to take from it.

Jimmy Bullard was the best player on the pitch, McPhail was crap second half. :roll:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 pm

we were luck we didn't play the first half like the second otherwise it would have been four nil. Sorry we brought it on ourselves second half.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:45 pm

your thread is exactly what we were

UNLUCKY

if we can play a first half in 90 mins against palace, they want to be very worried indeed

:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

nobber wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:We had 5 good chances the first half and played well plenty of positives to take from it.

Jimmy Bullard was the best player on the pitch, McPhail was crap second half. :roll:

why mention, mc phail was bad , 2nd half, and the rest of the team?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 pm

nobber wrote:

Couldnt disagree more, Bullard scored one good goal but others average.

If Ramsey had played like Mcphail did today people would be drooling and going on and on about him.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
nobber wrote:

Couldnt disagree more, Bullard scored one good goal but others average.

If Ramsey had played like Mcphail did today people would be drooling and going on and on about him.

As much as I hate to say it, Jimmy Bullard controlled the midfield and it wasn't just about his goals, Ramsey would have made a difference and Olly.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 pm

In this midfield he controlled how many chances did they make?
Other than hudsons error for the first and then his deflected goal I don't remember anything.