Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paul Jewell Said

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:47 pm

That if Dave jones dont know what he is doing as the crowed was shouting ,then non of us do.
Cos he has had to sell most of his top class players, and Cardiff are still in the top 3.
Jewell said I just cant think of what there thinking off.

Re: Paul Jewell Said

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Then Jewell is a fuckwit; anyone watching him on SSN knows that anyway.

Best squad ever according to Jones, thus we shouldn't miss players that have been sold, right?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 pm

nerd wrote:Then Jewell is a fuckwit; anyone watching him on SSN knows that anyway.

Best squad ever according to Jones, thus we shouldn't miss players that have been sold, right?

:lol:

agreed

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm

When was the last time we sold a "top class" player??? Is he refering to Roger Johnson?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Simple what he is saying is , that if he was a bad manager then Cardiff wouldnt be where they are now.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:06 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Simple what he is saying is , that if he was a bad manager then Cardiff wouldnt be where they are now.

He isn't a bad manager.

He's an average manager.

That's the point. Simples.

Warnock, for all his faults, has a squad with one quality player; built the side around that player, even when playing poorly they grind results out.

Wich means he's doing a lot better than DJ; if you think DJ is a good manager, then Warnock is clearly world class.

And again, we are where we are because other teams have dropped points left, right and centre.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:When was the last time we sold a "top class" player??? Is he refering to Roger Johnson?

haha How the hell do I know ? Im just saying what he said, and I guess he is talking about the likes of Rambo,Rogers, yes maybe. and if you say well we got a great set of players now, yes I would agree we have but it was again DJ that brought them here. The more success he brought here, the more the fans want. Then when it dont come he is always to blame.
Yes I like DJ ,but a few months ago in November time even I thought he should go. As for yesterday there was one big problem that we had to deal with and we didnt, Jimmy Bullard he was the only guy that could win the game for them and he did.
There should have been one guy on his back all the time, even when he farted we should have had a player so near to him that he could taste it. WE give him too much space and you cant do that with Bullard he is a prem player, with a whicked shot on him, when he mad that run I was shouting BRING HIM DOWN cos I knew what he was going to do,he is one player I love to watch playing ,it just a same he did it against us. and our players fault for letting him play.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:22 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:When was the last time we sold a "top class" player??? Is he refering to Roger Johnson?

haha How the hell do I know ? Im just saying what he said, and I guess he is talking about the likes of Rambo,Rogers, yes maybe. and if you say well we got a great set of players now, yes I would agree we have but it was again DJ that brought them here. The more success he brought here, the more the fans want. Then when it dont come he is always to blame.
Yes I like DJ ,but a few months ago in November time even I thought he should go. As for yesterday there was one big problem that we had to deal with and we didnt, Jimmy Bullard he was the only guy that could win the game for them and he did.
There should have been one guy on his back all the time, even when he farted we should have had a player so near to him that he could taste it. WE give him too much space and you cant do that with Bullard he is a prem player, with a whicked shot on him, when he mad that run I was shouting BRING HIM DOWN cos I knew what he was going to do,he is one player I love to watch playing ,it just a same he did it against us. and our players fault for letting him play.

McPhail, loovens, Chopra (first time) were all brought here by Ridsdale.

Jones had to be talked into having Loovens.

Jones brought in, errm, Fowler.

Bullard isn't a Prem player. He'd be in the Prem if he was. Did he have too much time? Sure.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 pm

nerd wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Simple what he is saying is , that if he was a bad manager then Cardiff wouldnt be where they are now.

He isn't a bad manager.

He's an average manager.

Warnock, for all his faults, has a squad with one quality player; built the side around that player, even when playing poorly they grind results out.

Wich means he's doing a lot better than DJ; if you think DJ is a good manager, then Warnock is clearly world class.

And again, we are where we are because other teams have dropped points left, right and centre.

OK well if he is a Average manager we should be happy that we are where we are , as an average manager is very lucky to be in the top 3.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

glammy74 wrote:
nerd wrote:Then Jewell is a fuckwit; anyone watching him on SSN knows that anyway.

agreed

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Jewell got 3 points and a gloating tosser should talk about this team and keep his gob shut about another teams supporters

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:30 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
nerd wrote:

He isn't a bad manager.

He's an average manager.

OK well if he is a Average manager we should be happy that we are where we are , as an average manager is very lucky to be in the top 3.

Not when that average manager is the highest paid in the division.

Not when the league has far more parity than it has in years.

Not when that average manager proclaims this to be the best squad we've ever had.

Not when that manager has been indulged, transfer / loan wise.

Not when that manager has a player who was one of the best in the Prem last season.

Look at the simple facts./ EVERY season there's a collapse at some stage. Without fail. Wolves storming the league - only to blow it due to an end of season slump.

Look at the uninspiring substitutions, not changing games. Look at the lack of tactical nous.

DJ is and always will be a nearly man. Get you close. Find a way to bottle it at the end; occasionally get a promotion - very much in the minority of outcomes when you look at his record.

And DJ knows that; that's why he's a chip on his shoulder when it comes to criticism.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Personally i like Paul Jewell as a manager, & i think he will have Ipswich flying next season much the same as Warnock has with QPR. I think he was being polite to DJ regarding player sales, but this season DJ has got what he's asked for, so no excuses for him please.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm

its all well and good a manager who is a friend of DJs making these comments but hes knows nothing about the specifics of DJs performance which has brought us to the situation we're in now - he even seems to be off the mark with the only he uses to raionalise his statement re seling players

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:44 pm

How come every one is a tosser ? DJ is a Tosser , Jewell is a Tosser ? no one ones anything but they are managers ! what a joke.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:50 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:How come every one is a tosser ? DJ is a Tosser , Jewell is a Tosser ? no one ones anything but they are managers ! what a joke.

Jewell is a tosser tho - clashed with Wilkinson I believe early on, reacted by throwing the ball down at one decision.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm

DAVE JONES DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO GET THIS TEAM CLICKING FACT !!