Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why do we always blame the officials...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:52 pm

OK the refs and linesmen at the CCS this year have been poor, but I am afraid we can not pin a lot of our results on their decisions as yesterday for example we had ample chances to score but didn't. I think we need to look closer to home for the problem and stop trying to blame the officials. If we had scored 50% of our chances the officiating wouldn't have made a difference as we would have been out of sight

As for yesterday was Keinan off side...possibly, I have seen them go for us and against us. But things were evened up when the ref failed to give Ipswich a penalty for a trip in the box and gave a drop ball instead (bizarre).

I do not want to keep on about DJ but of all the years he has been with us now is the time to show us all his leadership skills and get us over the line. There will be more twists and turns in the next 11 games so fasten the seat belts!!

Re: Why do we always blame the officials...

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

We have had some awfull officials tbh but we use it as a scapegoat everytime just another excuse to add

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm

wdb2721 wrote:OK the refs and linesmen at the CCS this year have been poor, but I am afraid we can not pin a lot of our results on their decisions as yesterday for example we had ample chances to score but didn't. I think we need to look closer to home for the problem and stop trying to blame the officials. If we had scored 50% of our chances the officiating wouldn't have made a difference as we would have been out of sight

As for yesterday was Keinan off side...possibly, I have seen them go for us and against us. But things were evened up when the ref failed to give Ipswich a penalty for a trip in the box and gave a drop ball instead (bizarre).

I do not want to keep on about DJ but of all the years he has been with us now is the time to show us all his leadership skills and get us over the line. There will be more twists and turns in the next 11 games so fasten the seat belts!!

Keinan's goal should have stood, and it wasn't a penalty. He gave a drop ball because he stopped the game for the head knock, caused by an elbow.

So, shoddy refereeing stopped us being a goal to the good.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

PtB wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:OK the refs and linesmen at the CCS this year have been poor, but I am afraid we can not pin a lot of our results on their decisions as yesterday for example we had ample chances to score but didn't. I think we need to look closer to home for the problem and stop trying to blame the officials. If we had scored 50% of our chances the officiating wouldn't have made a difference as we would have been out of sight

Keinan's goal should have stood, and it wasn't a penalty. He gave a drop ball because he stopped the game for the head knock, caused by an elbow.

Maybe so and that would have probably change the course of the game, but we are not clinical enough in front of goal and should have been more than a goal to the good before that decision.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:00 pm

PtB wrote:

it should have been a penalty, the ref blew for the injury after the penalty appeal

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

That's the wrong question.

The question is why do people feel the need to blame ANYONE for our defeat yesterday?

If you cannot see that it was very literally "one of those days", with ten corners and eight shots on target in the first half and nothing to show for it but a man of the match performance from Marton Fulop and an increasing scornful feeling towards Jay Bothroyd, then there is little hope for you in terms of being a football SUPPORTER.

Thankfully, we've got a game on Tuesday night and if we win the vast majority of the idiots who had the temerity to boo on Saturday evening will shut up and look even more foolish than they already did.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

wils wrote:
PtB wrote:

it should have been a penalty, the ref blew for the injury after the penalty appeal

Yeah, he blew after that because it wasn't a penalty. It was a coming together, it happens. The elbow was a foul before that incident if we are going to be petty, but he gave neither.

The other point is correct, we weren't clinical enough, it doesn't alter the fact we had a good goal chopped off.