Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The way we channel anger and frustration

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:29 pm

The manner in which we currently do this as City supporters is now having a detrimental impact on proceedings, and we need to be careful this doesn't set in and not only derail our promotion hopes but also manipulate the mindset of the next and new generation of fans into believing the way to react to a game that didn't go our way is to abuse OUR manager, or OUR players.

I highlighted in a post last Sunday the genuine feel good factor that appeared to be apparent following our excellent hard earned victory against an in form Hull City, hoping and expecting we'd turned a corner and good times were ahead.

We play only another 90 mins and all hell has broken loose again. Even when we were not only the better team, but with sharper officiating and a little more luck with how our opposing keeper performs we could've won by 3 or 4 quite easily.

We are in a bracket of only a handful of clubs, not only in the Championship, but in Britain where the conduct of the supporter base is so fickle and unpredictable imo. I would love to offer opinion as to how I think our conduct and relationship with DJ could be improved - but I am completely lost to offer anything tbh. The issue and obstacles we all face in this respect are deep seeded, and football is not a game (especially at our place) that will allow anytime for it to be resolved.

If our relationship with DJ was compared to a wall, then the bricks would be every disppointment/ false dawn and arrogant pointer we've experienced within his tenure with the odd bit of decoration coming from cup runs. The ignorance of this history factor is the aspect that provokes the confusion amongst other managers etc involved in football who cannot understand some of the stick DJ gets sometimes - they are not privvy to the details and it leads to comments such as those from Jewell yesterday.

We're a proud bunch down here, from proud & hard areas littered with history - and the lack of understanding that DJ shows in the respect that this is not just a football club - alot of us find too much to bear. DJ and the players are representing our area on almost a national front as well as we're effectively playing in a foreign league, but you get the distinct impression from DJ there is no undertsanding of any of this, or want to understand.

This leads to scenes like those we winessed yesterday, in all stands but notably the grandstand where seemingly DJ came under a fair bit of abuse. This imo is 90% non football driven, relating mostly to the points I've made. However,eEven considering what I've said up until now - this is just out of order especially at this point of the season. Its embarrassing sometimes, even when we were clearly the better team against a side on paper that looked pretty good.

When are people going to learn that abusing DJ or the players or anyone is simply not going to achieve anything - what are they thinking? It worries me sometimes that those who offer the abuse do not possess a mental filter system at all capable of preventing themselves before actually sprouting some of their crap - we all have the thoughts sometimes but theres a world of difference to going ahead and shouting it. The total shite that was muttered in the Canton stand yesterday was a complete joke. People are entitled to their opinion but when certain peoples opinions are dangerous they just need to sit down and shut the fu*k up.

If I cause any offence, then apologies accordingly, but all this abuse towards our own is starting to fu*k me off tbh