Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OUR HOME CROWDS ARE GETTING LESS "

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:20 pm

" OUR HOME CROWDS ARE GETTING LESS "

Over the last few games we barely hit 21,000 and only about 17,500 are turning up.
We were getting 23,000 plus and 21,500 turning up.

Surely this is the time of the year thats the most interesting/exciting times ?

Were 3rd in the League.

Re: " OUR HOME CROWDS ARE GETTING LESS "

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:30 pm

I dont get it at all...what do people want? Although prices are a joke imo, if I wasnt an Ambassador i probably wouldnt be able to afford match day prices, theres alot of boys I know who are simply priced out - then half the time when they do go the fun element is non existant atm anyway not matter how well we're doing...its a pretty negative place in the stands now and only the hardcore element will go when its like this i reckon. Could be wrong though???

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm

JonScam wrote:I dont get it at all...what do people want? Although prices are a joke imo, if I wasnt an Ambassador i probably wouldnt be able to afford match day prices, theres alot of boys I know who are simply priced out - then half the time when they do go the fun element is non existant atm anyway not matter how well we're doing...its a pretty negative place in the stands now and only the hardcore element will go when its like this i reckon. Could be wrong though???

Jon, you are right on a lot of it, I know quite a few hundred fans from the old days who have stopped and some who now just go away only.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I,m a walk in fan, and not been for 2 mths,, all the talk of sell outs ect, puts us off from travelling from NeATH.
jUST CAN'T TAKE THE RISK.

we done it for years, things have changed now though ayeee!!

coops

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JonScam wrote:I dont get it at all...what do people want? Although prices are a joke imo, if I wasnt an Ambassador i probably wouldnt be able to afford match day prices, theres alot of boys I know who are simply priced out - then half the time when they do go the fun element is non existant atm anyway not matter how well we're doing...its a pretty negative place in the stands now and only the hardcore element will go when its like this i reckon. Could be wrong though???

Jon, you are right on a lot of it, I know quite a few hundred fans from the old days who have stopped and some who now just go away only.

Its a sorry state to get to Annis, i too know more who go away than home I would say...and there is why the atmosphere and experience at away matches beats that at CCS anyday - and i cant see it changing anytime soon

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 pm

sat in the canton stand yesterday and the two guys sat next to me were moaning about having paid £52 to watch this shit, as soon as ipswich scored the 2nd goal they were gone.....

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" OUR HOME CROWDS ARE GETTING LESS "

Over the last few games we barely hit 21,000 and only about 17,500 are turning up.

Were 3rd in the League.

2 reasons maybe,
1/ people are fickle and pick and choose what games to watch
2/i was just talking to my brother and telling him how bit by bit i am getting tired of c.c.s,the experience of the day is just not the same for me and i feel so much is being taken away from me a piece at a time,i dont feel part of this FAMILY anymore :(

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Our team isnt setting people alight Chief !! are they ?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:17 pm

I know a lot of die hards who have stopped going because of the Buzz has died, mainly due to the ground and the new plastic fan. It aint the same anymore, do iwant to spend £60/80 on a day out that is not how it used to be? I am starting to lose interest

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 pm

I know a few people who like me dont go anymore,yet in the dark days would rarely miss a home game,i believe theres a number of reasons for this.Cost being the main reason[26 pound far to much]then theres the seating issue,and the fact that people cant get their heads around players wages on top of this despite being so close to the Prem there seems to be massive negativity surrounding the club that you just didnt get when Sam was on board.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 pm

When I'm 'home' I'll go to every game, however, the pricing has become astronimical and it is just nowhere near as enjoyable as it was back at Ninian Park. I know a lot of guys that aren't really 'die hards' but used to go when it was only 10-15 quid not a decade ago. You have to be fairly commited to part with 30 sheets for a ticket, then a load more on booze, etc!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:When I'm 'home' I'll go to every game, however, the pricing has become astronimical and it is just nowhere near as enjoyable as it was back at Ninian Park. I know a lot of guys that aren't really 'die hards' but used to go when it was only 10-15 quid not a decade ago. You have to be fairly commited to part with 30 sheets for a ticket, then a load more on booze, etc!

It's a trade-off in reality:

Better team = better players = higher wages = higher ticket prices = more success

And NO-ONE can say we are NOT more successful, so I suppose we need to decide which we want:

Success or cheap tickets, a half-filled stadium and an average team to watch??

Now, if you'd signed up as 'Ambassadors' when you had the chance....

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:When I'm 'home' I'll go to every game, however, the pricing has become astronimical and it is just nowhere near as enjoyable as it was back at Ninian Park. I know a lot of guys that aren't really 'die hards' but used to go when it was only 10-15 quid not a decade ago. You have to be fairly commited to part with 30 sheets for a ticket, then a load more on booze, etc!

It's a trade-off in reality:

Better team = better players = higher wages = higher ticket prices = more success

And NO-ONE can say we are NOT more successful, so I suppose we need to decide which we want:

Success or cheap tickets, a half-filled stadium and an average team to watch??

Now, if you'd signed up as 'Ambassadors' when you had the chance....

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

As I said I go to every match when I'm back in Britain. I can afford to go. I absolutely hate missing any match. I can understand that a lot of people have more pressing financial commitments and simply can't afford it.

Yes of course we play to a much better standard now and with it comes price increases. Personally I think they should have introduced a wage cap for footballers years ago. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of people priced out of going in this present climate.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Because they probably feel like me and others - to be honest i only still go as the daughter wants to most of the time as well as see a few mates etc and kill a bit of time on a Sat afternoon .

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 am

krab wrote:

Were 3rd in the League.

2 reasons maybe,
1/ people are fickle and pick and choose what games to watch
2/i was just talking to my brother and telling him how bit by bit i am getting tired of c.c.s,the experience of the day is just not the same for me and i feel so much is being taken away from me a piece at a time,i dont feel part of this FAMILY anymore :(

reason 2 - is bang on the same as my feelings. its all changed and aint the same.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 pm

this isnt my opinion but i know of a few fans who have followed the club for years who just cant connect with this team, or management and refuse to spend good money following them. Whatever happens I would always go (what else is a man to do on a saturday afternoon) but i can understand the reasons for these people not going.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

I started watching the City when we had crowds of 20,000. A few seasons later we were down to below 10,000 then right down to 2,000. When we were low I noticed it was more of a group thing than anything. I was a unique fan in the fact I travelled to games on my own, I did not live in South Wales then, still dont. What i am saying is that it became a family unit although the word family would not be used by most.

I always believed in those dungeon days we would be back were we belong, challenging for the top and I also believed the crowds would come back and we would lose this "family" atmosphere. There are alot of strangers amongst us today and we should not be surprised of that. Infact expect it to get more of the same.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I started watching the City when we had crowds of 20,000. A few seasons later we were down to below 10,000 then right down to 2,000. When we were low I noticed it was more of a group thing than anything. I was a unique fan in the fact I travelled to games on my own, I did not live in South Wales then, still dont. What i am saying is that it became a family unit although the word family would not be used by most.

I always believed in those dungeon days we would be back were we belong, challenging for the top and I also believed the crowds would come back and we would lose this "family" atmosphere. There are alot of strangers amongst us today and we should not be surprised of that. Infact expect it to get more of the same.

Spot on!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm

I fully agree with some of the posts in this thread, Lots of my mates old school have given up on regular home games , myself and many like me are there more through habit than actually enjoying the match day these days.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:20 pm

its cause alot of people think we r gonna fuk it up again and carnt stand the frustration. :(

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Were 3rd in the League.

Maybe its because they feel we are not going to make it AGAIN!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:05 pm

People probably put off by sitting by you miserable lot :lol: :lol:

Best position for years, best side for years, top players playing for us, nice seats, lots of bars.etc.. and still moaning .

Problem is, you and I are getting old and nothing is ever as good as it was when you were young.

I'm loving it, my kids with me and my mates, watching the ups and downs of an immensely thrilling promotion campaign.

Worry about failure if it happens. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 pm

krab wrote:people are fickle and pick and choose what games to watch

In all honesty if I had to pay £28 for a walk up ticket, I would be rather fickle about which games I went to.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

The biggest issue for me is cost/family budget. My wife is currently not in a full time job (she stacks shelves in Waitrose 3 nights a week) due to having a baby last year. I have to provide for her and the 4 kids with a large mortgage plus a fair few financial commitments.

Getting to CCFC costs well over£30 in fuel plus £5.70 for bridge. Add in car parking and 50 quid is gone before match tickets. Getting 3 tickets in family stand is almost impossible. When i can get them the 28 quid is good value. However if i want to go in other parts of the ground your talking 60 quid (i think that this has changed after reading Carl's update last night) Add in food, a pint and programme and 100 quid is gone. If my support was appreciated by the players/club i wouldnt mind but only a few will applaud so why should i bother?

I'll hopefully be over for the Barnsley game on Sunday-wont know until Friday if i can go.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:The biggest issue for me is cost/family budget. My wife is currently not in a full time job (she stacks shelves in Waitrose 3 nights a week) due to having a baby last year. I have to provide for her and the 4 kids with a large mortgage plus a fair few financial commitments.

Getting to CCFC costs well over£30 in fuel plus £5.70 for bridge. Add in car parking and 50 quid is gone before match tickets. Getting 3 tickets in family stand is almost impossible. When i can get them the 28 quid is good value. However if i want to go in other parts of the ground your talking 60 quid (i think that this has changed after reading Carl's update last night) Add in food, a pint and programme and 100 quid is gone. If my support was appreciated by the players/club i wouldnt mind but only a few will applaud so why should i bother?

I'll hopefully be over for the Barnsley game on Sunday-wont know until Friday if i can go.

Gareth, Read Carls update, it will help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38741 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Some of my friends who used to go in the old days don't go anymore but I've gained new ones who've started going more recently. That's always been the case. Life goes on...

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:33 pm

It just goes to show how poor our club is run, from the playing staff all the way up to the big boss.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 pm

unemployment is the main issue here, try living on jsa

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:18 am

Unfortunately many Cardiff City Supporters did'nt prepare or expected the distant behavior we are now in my opinion now experiencing, The Club are no longer interested in our requirements or opinions infact we are now Ourselves surplice to requirements. Ill explain' CCFC have actually jumped the gun so much that They have failed to realize that They havent actually delivered anything in 6-7 years and could come unstuck if the Premiership was to elude Them yet again, Because the desired supporter the Club are now targeting is the new supporter that only top flight football would atract, and like it or not Cardiff City Football Club would need an a mediate capacity increase to cater for the type of glory hunter that Premiership football brings with it. Im a believer that the more support a Club has is obviously the better, What is alarming with CCFC is the fact that They are blatantly flaunting without regard the Clubs intent to eradicate elements of supporter that They think would dis-encourage the new up market supporter the Club Desires , In fact may be Mr Jenkins task is bring the more happy rugby scenario Period, Ok The club have made a recent gesture in regards to singing/ standing etc etc, Wise move, As Football is one of the hardest Businesses to speculate with, Also because that 35% Attendance increase becomes 0% or more likely decrease in attendance should Cardiff fail to reach the Premiership. The Clube should spend less time speculating about Supporter upgrades and Speculate on how to prevent players worth Millions go Scotch Free. Well Iv already said on all MB's promotion or not I will support my Team away games only!!!! :old:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 am

I know a few people with kids, who wanted to go saturday, but they couldnt get seats in the family section. I know Carl said in his update that people were offered places in other parts of the ground for the same price as the family section, but that wasnt the case with my friends. Rather than pay the much higher prices in other parts of the ground ,my friends decided to stay away and watch it on TV instead. The annoying thing for them was that when they saw the game on the telly ,they couldnt help but notice there were loads of empty seats in the family section. This is a problem the club need to address. How they do it though is another matter.