Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Scuffle in 117 yesterday

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Does anyone know what went on?

It happened when a mass exodus occurred after Ipswich scored their second goal, saw a few words exchanged and a couple of punches thrown. Thankfully it was quickly defused by other City fans that intervened.

Come on lads we are all City fans, I know how angry and wound up people were feeling but surely we are better than that.

Re: Scuffle in 117 yesterday

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:44 pm

I had words with people leaving stupidly early, can imagine it was probably something like that but worse.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:47 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I had words with people leaving stupidly early, can imagine it was probably something like that but worse.

I was disappointed with that, I know the game was over for us but I still stay until the final whistle. Looked like a lot of pushing and shoving was going on which angered people who were trying to leave, could quite easily have escalated into a mass brawl.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 pm

me joff and a few others were telling this bloke to stop bein so negative about the team and he was argueing back. dont think this is wat u mean though chris.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:54 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I had words with people leaving stupidly early, can imagine it was probably something like that but worse.

I was disappointed with that, I know the game was over for us but I still stay until the final whistle. Looked like a lot of pushing and shoving was going on which angered people who were trying to leave, could quite easily have escalated into a mass brawl.

Didn't see it from where I sit but I can only assume that people were a little p***ed off at being disturbed by the premature ejaculators....

I wouldn't mind, but the term "Thanks or Cheers" seems to have gone from the average vocabulary too....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 pm

There was a scuffle outside the Canton stand to, just saw it being broken up as i left, anyone else see it.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:11 am

i asked a few on 78 minutes if they were leaving because of a fire drill :lol: they looked at me confused :?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:12 am

What gives you the right to have words- they have paid the same entrance fee if not more, they can leave when they want should be more thankful that they are there in the first place!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 am

Agree with you Daya. I would never do it myself but everyone is entitled to leave when they want. I can't understand why anyone does it but I accept that every fan has the right to leave early if that what they want to do. Who are we to tell them what they should or shouldn't do. I wish they would all stay to the end though and no booing if we lose!!!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:17 am

Daya wrote:

What gives you the right to have words- they have paid the same entrance fee if not more, they can leave when they want should be more thankful that they are there in the first place!

I think I have the right to ask why someone isn't supporting the team solely on the back of them losing.

Congrats are in order to your lot for getting out of the relegation zone and all ;)

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:38 am

Some people pay for the entertainment. With the shit we played on saturday, it was clea to see that there was no entertainment there. I left myself just before the 2nd goal and saw the goal on tv my reasoning was that I didn't wamt to get stuck in the traffic for an hour and wanted to get home to my family. Is that ok to some on here ? Sometimes there is a life outside football !

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:39 am

I leave quite a few games at half time, even when we are drawing or winning, do you know why? Because its my choice, not anybody else's

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 am

BEEP AHM wrote:I leave quite a few games at half time, even when we are drawing or winning, do you know why? Because its my choice, not anybody else's

lots of people leave early for all different reasons ........ and its lke Beep says you pays your money and you takes your choice ! I always leave when the added time board goes up then watch the remainder of the game on the TV under the stand coz that way you can get away from the stadium quicker on the final whistle and not spend ages queing just to get out of your seat and down the steps .

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 am

Daya wrote:

I agree Daya some of our fans.... :roll: :roll:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:35 am

The last 20 mins of the game, all I could from sections of our fans was pure abuse to certain players, many abused Bellers.
I have my say on here a forum about tactics etc, but theres no need for personal their names and hailing,abuse to our players, come May if we are up, the same people will be singing their names and hailing them as heroes.
I have to admit if We fail come May then I will personally change my Attitude towards them, but till then they will get my 100% Support during games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:49 am

Daya wrote:

Hahah

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 am

some fans tho will shout at the players purely out of frustration and nothing else ................ personally for me Bellamy had a very quiet game by his standards and if that's what you have to do for £90k per week bring it on :lol: , Bullard for a mere £50k per week looks a far better player in centre MF . At the end of the day the starting XI and the line up is down to DJ and as a result players playing out of position WILL suffer IMO , so why change around a winning team and why take off your best player who goes on the get MOM ??? JET on the left did more damage than Bellamy .............. and why not then play Bellamy wide right and put Chops back in the middle where he belongs ?? Based on Saturday Parkin for Bothroyd is a must and hopefully Olli will return asap :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:25 am

Vintage 63 wrote:some fans tho will shout at the players purely out of frustration and nothing else ................ personally for me Bellamy had a very quiet game by his standards and if that's what you have to do for £90k per week bring it on :lol: , Bullard for a mere £50k per week looks a far better player in centre MF . At the end of the day the starting XI and the line up is down to DJ and as a result players playing out of position WILL suffer IMO , so why change around a winning team and why take off your best player who goes on the get MOM ??? JET on the left did more damage than Bellamy .............. and why not then play Bellamy wide right and put Chops back in the middle where he belongs ?? Based on Saturday Parkin for Bothroyd is a must and hopefully Olli will return asap :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Martyn and quite a few would agree with you. i suppose as DJ is the manager we have to put faith in his judgement though.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 am

Bigbluebird wrote:
Daya wrote:

I agree Daya some of our fans.... :roll: :roll:

I'm such a horrible and nasty man

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:I leave quite a few games at half time, even when we are drawing or winning, do you know why? Because its my choice, not anybody else's

lots of people leave early for all different reasons ........ and its lke Beep says you pays your money and you takes your choice ! I always leave when the added time board goes up then watch the remainder of the game on the TV under the stand coz that way you can get away from the stadium quicker on the final whistle and not spend ages queing just to get out of your seat and down the steps .

Vintage, prob with those tvs in the concourse there is a bit of a delay! The crowd gives the game away as to what happens lol. Dont blame you mate, fkg murder getting car out. I just toddle off to the ninian half time for few bevvys lol

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:43 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:I agree Daya some of our fans.... :roll: :roll:

I'm such a horrible and nasty man

I wouldn't say nasty..... just horrible!!

JOKING!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:The last 20 mins of the game, all I could from sections of our fans was pure abuse to certain players, many abused Bellers.
I have my say on here a forum about tactics etc, but theres no need for personal their names and hailing,abuse to our players, come May if we are up, the same people will be singing their names and hailing them as heroes.
I have to admit if We fail come May then I will personally change my Attitude towards them, but till then they will get my 100% Support during games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WELL SAID ANNIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The last 20 mins of the game, all I could from sections of our fans was pure abuse to certain players, many abused Bellers.

That's the right attitude imho.

I've never understood why people leave early, of course it's their RIGHT, and i understand all the reasons why people do - fed up, other places to be, traffic to avoid, beer to be drunk etc etc, but I always stay to the bitter end.

I also don't feel booing is appropriate (unless in extreme circumstances) and 3rd in the championship having just lost to a team who must still be wondering how they didn't lose four nil isn't an extreme cisrmstance! I'd be surprised if any of the boo-ers spent much time at Ninian Park!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 pm

its got nothing to do with you why people leave a game early. ive left games early when we have be getting stuffed many times. i hope they told you to f**k off and mind your own business because i would have

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

its got nothing to do with you why people leave a game early. ive left games early when we have be getting stuffed many times. i hope they told you to f**k off and mind your own business because i would have

So 1-0 is getting stuffed is it?

And it has everything to do with me and others near me if these people, who castigate us for making noise and supporting our team, can't be arsed to stay and try and encourage our team to get an equaliser.

Drama queen

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:24 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

So 1-0 is getting stuffed is it?

And it has everything to do with me and others near me if these people, who castigate us for making noise and supporting our team, can't be arsed to stay and try and encourage our team to get an equaliser.

Drama queen

drama queen... pot and kettle sunshine
they may be in the way for a few seconds at most i cant see the problem

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:25 pm

I stay to the end, no matter what. If there ever was a time when I wanted to leave early, anybody having a go at me for it would have right mouthful thrown at them. I'll leave when I like thanks, not when you decide it's ok for me to go.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Nothing to do with people in the way

Why should the players even bother pulling their fingers out, when they see a mass of people leaving straight after going 1-0 down, not bothering to stay and encourage the team back to get what would be a valuable point

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm trying to not sound aggressive here, but what gives you the right to "have words with people"?
People can have loads of reasons for leaving early.
I try to stay to the end, but sometimes I have to leave early to catch my train. I would be a bit annoyed (to say the least), if someone decided to "have words" with me about it.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:23 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Nothing to do with people in the way

Why should the players even bother pulling their fingers out, when they see a mass of people leaving straight after going 1-0 down, not bothering to stay and encourage the team back to get what would be a valuable point

the players are being paid a very good wage to do a job that why they should pull their fingers out ffs
ive pay for my ticket the same as you its up 2 me when i leave the ground its got f**k all to do with anyone else