Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Olly wants to stay at Cardiff......

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 am

After the season is over, regardless of our position (prem/champ.) then I hope we don't use gerrard at bait to capture him. We need competition now at centre half, and gerrard has risen to his challenge, lost weight, regained fitness, played extremely well in the Hull side, and has even bagged a few goals for them! Whether we go up or not, we have to keep gerrard.
:ayatollah:

Re: If Olly wants to stay at Cardiff......

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:33 am

Just as well then Jones will be toast when the inevitable failure occurs this season :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 am

nerd wrote:Just as well then Jones will be toast when the inevitable failure occurs this season :lol:

:lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 pm

i think its best jones leaves at the end of the season even if we do go up, its becoming quite obvious hes lost the plot, i just hope our side can see us through til the end

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Id swap Olly for Gerard. It showed on Saturday how much we miss Ollys presence

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Would obviously be a good permanent addition to the squad but agree that gerrard should not be used as a part exchange. Gerrard's value has to be equal to or greater than olly's. Also olly would need to take a major pay cut if the rumours are true that he is on more than 20k per week but we are paying less than half of it.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:Gerrard will NEVER play if Jones is in charge FACT

People said that about Quinn.

Ive never been fussed on Gerrard, Id get him go if we can get a decent fee regardless if we get Oli