Burke ( DJ will pick Whitts )
Olli
McPhail
JET

Parkin ( DJ will pick Bothroyd)
Chopra

Re: my starting XI for Palace .

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:33 am

Burkes off the boil atm so I would not pick him. Agree with Parkin for Bothroyd.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 am

?'s about the way Bywater controlled the box and how quiet he was. Didn't think much of his kicks either from hand or the ground. I know you could say that it was his first match, but being a keeper if you want an easier game you control/talk to the defence control the box and give your defence confidence in your ability, didn't think he done that on Saturday imo.
Give Brown a go and let them both prove that they want it more.
AndyFS

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Burkes off the boil atm so I would not pick him. Agree with Parkin for Bothroyd.

Completely agree about Burke, he's really off the boil (has been most of the season) and I though Whitts played very well on Saturday particularly 1st half.

Bothroyd would be dropped on current form but if we're going to go up we need Jay and Chops scoring goals regularly and maybe a game against a struggling team is just the opportunity both need to get on the scoresheet :ayatollah:

Depending on Chops' ankle problem and Oli being fit I just wonder whether DJ will go with 5 in midfield just to give Chops a rest :?

Bywater

Quinn Hudson Keinan SuperKev

JET McPhail Oli Whitts Bellamy

Bothroyd

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Burkes off the boil atm so I would not pick him. Agree with Parkin for Bothroyd.

doesnt help when a shit whittingham has been choosen for weeks whilst doing f**k all :twisted:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 am

jinks-rct wrote:

doesnt help when a shit whittingham has been choosen for weeks whilst doing f**k all :twisted:

Jones always seems to pick him regardless .............. just like he did with Naylor !

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:35 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Bywater

Quinn
Hudson
Keinen
Mc Naughton

Burke ( DJ will pick Whitts )
Olli
McPhail
JET

Parkin ( DJ will pick Bothroyd)
Chopra

thats whi i would pick but bothroyd and whitts are guaranteed a start even if they had both legs in plaster :(

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Id go

Bywater

Quinn (Blake if not fit)
Macnaughton
Keinan
Hudson

Jet
Koumas
Olly
Burke

Parkin
Chopra

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Id love to see Koumas start in centre MF but I dont think he's match fit yet to give a full 90 mins ........... Bullard and Ramsey have shown to us recently what needs to be done :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

We definately need a ball winner in midfield so if Oli isn't fit, then for me Blake should be stuck in there

Don't agree with Burke - not been playing well and for all the criticism of Whittingham, I think he's been playing ok

3 point on Tuesday boys please :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Bywater

Quinn
Keinan
Hudson
Super Kev

Witts
McPhail
Oli
Bellamy

Jay
Chopra

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:01 pm

I cant see Bellamy playing Luke with his dodgy Knees

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:02 pm

He has played on a sat and a Tues a few times tho GG. If he doesnt play I would bring Jet in

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:14 pm

id like to see

Bywater

Quinn
Hudson
Keinan
Kev

Burke
Mcphail
Oli ( if not fit, whitts)
Bellamy

JET
Chopra

...but he wont drop golden boy jay will he :evil:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm

i want koumas getting more game time i hasnt lost is skill or vision :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:49 pm

same starting 11 as saturday.
why not?
best football of the season.
new system worked apart from scoring :D

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:51 pm

I think we missed Oli a lot against Ipswich, we had no real destructive element to the midfield. Our midfield is the nicest of the nice and that's our problem. Admittedly, bar a few :o :shock: moments when McPhail lunges in!