Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS US FANS WHO ARE FEELING THE EFFECTS

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 pm

When the offer of the season tickets was advertised before Christmas i thought, what a great deal 5 years frozen prices and then the new offer of your money back if we get promoted.

I will always renew my season tickets regardless of any offers the club advertise, but for me personally to renew at the time was the wrong time of year financially due to Christmas and my daughters 16th birthday on New Years Eve.

I would have preferred to have waited until the end of the season so i could have saved more money, anyway i rang the club at the end of december to renew and i was going to use the Zebra finance interest free option, but the club said I need to come down and fill the forms in to do so. I live in Port Talbot so it was a bit inconvenient at the time so i just said i will pay upfront for the tickets and did so, nearly £670 then was taken from my account at a time when my finances were not too good.

But as a dedicated fan and knowing it would help the club, and the thought of it going to new players i felt it was the right thing to do.

But this then has a knock on effect, i now cannot go to the away games i had planned and although i did miss the Bristol game due to work committments i have now again paid £48.50 for my family to go saturday so even more money paid out to our club.

The most frustrating part of this scenario is that the club and Ridsdale especially has yet to deliver the goods as part of the deal. No new players and more spin and lies.

Us fans at a time when called upon DELIVERED even when at a time when finances were tight, so what are we going to get back in return. :cry:

Re: ITS US FANS WHO ARE FEELING THE EFFECTS

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 pm

That's why football chairman flourish because they see an opportunity to take advantage of the supporters' commitment and loyalty, as someone else mentioned.

All we ask for is honesty, truth and communication. Even if they give us the worst news, it wouldn't be anything worse than what we're thinking now. It's stupid.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:24 pm

I've set a deadline of 1st Feb for anything to happen. I've tried avoiding getting upset or disturbed by it all but as we get closer to the end of this month my feelings are now starting to stir. I'm preparing to commit myself to the PR Out brigade because I just cant see anything going to happen except get angry. Still we just have to wait until we have a valid argument and that in my eyes is if we dont see any new players come start of February.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Totally agree Bakedalasker. As I said, I'll wait until February 1st. Every man deserves to be innocent until proven guilty so I will give Ridsdale the chance to live up to his promises. If there's no tax bill paid or new players in, especially because we've just given them £3m in season ticket revenue, then I'll start asking questions.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Nobby, They are Hurting us Fans and Draining us at the same time. Its totally wrong, but they dont seem to care.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:07 pm

My feelings in this are just about the same as everybody else. February the 1st is judgement day for PR then the inevetable backlash can be orchestrated through demo's etc.