Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We all say everyone has an opinion BUT

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 pm

I respect this forum and its members as annis always say everyone is entitled to their opinion, i agree with many on here and disagree also over a wide range of topics.

the problem i feel with a lot of opinions at the moment is its just pure and utter negativity week in week out, alright you don;t like dave jones so what, you don;t agree with his tatcics big deal, you wonder why there is no atmosphere in the stadium??

the answer is simple, too many plastic fans as someone mentioned plus the players and staff read this forum!!
all they see is DJ out bothroyd crap, naylor crap, booed all game, clueless

how does this help the situation??

If someone can justify how this helps buy constantly slating the club the manager the players then continue posting negative junk, but i doubt anyone can justify it, frustration is no justification either, every real fan was frustrated saturday but real fans show there support through hard times and good times, we are currently 3rd and looking for auto promotion, lets try and be positive, lets post good things not negative things, how can there be a feel good atmosphere in a stadium when everyone jumps onto players mistakes and just moan, i remeber watchin old league 3 matches and just praying to stay in the football league and yet then there was no negativity, its what made me become a city fan as an 7 yr old boy and have always been since, even when times were tough why backed the team and manager, we could have gone bust last season if not for the malaysians, why are we not showing them enough gratitude either??

everyone needs to beleive otherwise we are destined to fail, i bet the negative posters can't wait for that just to say i told you so!

Re: We all say everyone has an opinion BUT

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:41 pm

What is a Plastic fan ? after all I dont think City would give a shit who you are as long as you pay your money buy shirts and drink in the bar at every match and buy a Hotdog or some chips. It like welcome all he with plastic Visa or any other kind of plastic :D

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm

of course the club needs the revenue i don;t disagree with that one bit mate, but every year we see more fans buying season tickets who donl;t go to half the games, and when they do they moan and leave early this contributes to apoor atmosphere

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Good post. on the DJ issue he looks so negative and depressed, and unfortunaly this filters down to the players and then the fans, you only have to look at Liverpool, under Hodgson ,who allways looked frightend to death , the team under performed, then Daglish took over, and are now looking a decent team. DJ in my opinion looks like a man on death row who is just waiting to be sacked. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Blue Nile.. Couldn't agree with you more .
My daughter calls D.J andJohn Toshak, "The CHUCKLE BROTHERS"
What we should remember is that Dave Jones and until recently, John Toshack are the representatives of our great principality that the public see on television.
What a bloody disaster for public relations.
Even after a win DJ has a face like a Bulldog lickin piss off a thistle!!!
C.mon Dave cheer up mun we will back you even if you dont get it right all of the time.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm

I use this forum to vent my frustration rather than when im there. If every fan did that then there would be no booing! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:24 pm

From a media & PR point of view, both JT & DJ were disasters,,,,both openly admitting they detested the media,,, & both, i feel, contributing to the sense of apathy felt by the fans. In my case, i became slowly but surly dissinterested in Welsh international football the longer JT reigned as manager. In the case of my beloved CCFC, its not half that bad, but i sense there are a lot of people getting "pissed off" with a lot of different things. Dave Jones has a big part to play in this!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:Blue Nile.. Couldn't agree with you more .
My daughter calls D.J andJohn Toshak, "The CHUCKLE BROTHERS"
What we should remember is that Dave Jones and until recently, John Toshack are the representatives of our great principality that the public see on television.
What a bloody disaster for public relations.
Even after a win DJ has a face like a Bulldog lickin piss off a thistle!!!
C.mon Dave cheer up mun we will back you even if you dont get it right all of the time.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think I would prefere the Chuckle Brothers to be our manager :lol: In all seriosness though DJ has got to lighten up, the atmosphere saturday at the end of the Ipswich game was more like we were going to be relagated, we are the nearest we have ever been to go up to the Premiership, though you woud,nt know it by the look on DJ,s face :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:21 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I respect this forum and its members as annis always say everyone is entitled to their opinion, i agree with many on here and disagree also over a wide range of topics.

the problem i feel with a lot of opinions at the moment is its just pure and utter negativity week in week out, alright you don;t like dave jones so what, you don;t agree with his tatcics big deal, you wonder why there is no atmosphere in the stadium??

the answer is simple, too many plastic fans as someone mentioned plus the players and staff read this forum!!

If someone can justify how this helps buy constantly slating the club the manager the players then continue posting negative junk, but i doubt anyone can justify it, frustration is no justification either, every real fan was frustrated saturday but real fans show there support through hard times and good times, we are currently 3rd and looking for auto promotion, lets try and be positive, lets post good things not negative things, how can there be a feel good atmosphere in a stadium when everyone jumps onto players mistakes and just moan, i remeber watchin old league 3 matches and just praying to stay in the football league and yet then there was no negativity, its what made me become a city fan as an 7 yr old boy and have always been since, even when times were tough why backed the team and manager, we could have gone bust last season if not for the malaysians, why are we not showing them enough gratitude either??

everyone needs to beleive otherwise we are destined to fail, i bet the negative posters can't wait for that just to say i told you so!

I love these 'everyone's entitled to an opinion, provided they agree with me threads' :roll:

Good grief if fans are upsetting the players by discussing viewpoints on a public message board, then surely the answer is for the players not to read them?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 pm

about leaving early .DJ pissed off and left burton to speak to media .Good example to us fans eh jonesy

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:I respect this forum and its members as annis always say everyone is entitled to their opinion, i agree with many on here and disagree also over a wide range of topics.

I love these 'everyone's entitled to an opinion, provided they agree with me threads' :roll:

Good grief if fans are upsetting the players by discussing viewpoints on a public message board, then surely the answer is for the players not to read them?

Apparently any criticism aimed at Bothroyd will result in him fallnig on the floor, then yelling at the mods to ban the perceived offender...

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:about leaving early .DJ pissed off and left burton to speak to media .Good example to us fans eh jonesy

He was going to that awards thing in London with chops, it's the first time I haven't seen him hang around after a game since he's been here so I can let him off this once

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Carl Curtis/Luke etc is PRO DAVE JONES and MANY MANY OTHERS ON HERE and THEY ARE ALWAYS POSITIVE. There is a good mixture on here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:14 pm

and you my friend are just waiting to say"i told you so"if we go up,eveybody are entitled to an opinion,and that means not having the same as someone else :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:What is a Plastic fan ? after all I dont think City would give a shit who you are as long as you pay your money buy shirts and drink in the bar at every match and buy a Hotdog or some chips. It like welcome all he with plastic Visa or any other kind of plastic :D

Here's one of those Sheffield Utd Plastic Fans if it helps...... :D

http://www.cshincorporated.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/12/products_id/7869

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:58 pm

My point in relation to your point annis is not that some are pro dj some aren't etc. But that we all should be pro Cardiff city football club! Whether you like jones or he likes the fans is irrelevant. We all want premier league football. So my point is not one person on here can justify there reasons for all the doom and gloom posts! Only justification was that I can say told you so when we do go up. Which I won't. I'll just be ecstatic that we are there! I'm pro Cardiff no matter whose in charge or who plays in the team. Its easy to say well the players shouldn't read the forum but they do and then we wonder why they don't ackknowledge us or care about the club? Would you if you were abused week in week out? I certainly wouldn't give to shits if was abused every week.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:My point in relation to your point annis is not that some are pro dj some aren't etc. But that we all should be pro Cardiff city football club! Whether you like jones or he likes the fans is irrelevant. We all want premier league football. So my point is not one person on here can justify there reasons for all the doom and gloom posts! Only justification was that I can say told you so when we do go up. Which I won't. I'll just be ecstatic that we are there! I'm pro Cardiff no matter whose in charge or who plays in the team. Its easy to say well the players shouldn't read the forum but they do and then we wonder why they don't ackknowledge us or care about the club? Would you if you were abused week in week out? I certainly wouldn't give to shits if was abused every week.

Sorry Your Right on that NOTE YOUR SPOT ON, CARDIFF CITY COMES FIRST EVERY TIME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: