Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" the punishment for burning poppys on poppy day "

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:38 pm

a man who burned 2 plastic poppys and shouted insults infront of a march in honour of falling soldiers was today fined £50,im sorry but that punishment doesnt fit the crime,shockingly poor sentence for a total arsehole :(

Re: the punishment for burning poppys on poppy day

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Burn a Koran tho and its a HATE crime.

This country is fucked

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 pm

taffyapple wrote:Burn a Koran tho and its a HATE crime.

This country is fucked

im not sure if you noticed but i made not mention of this arseholes beliefs or origin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 pm

krab wrote:a man who burned 2 plastic poppys and shouted insults infront of a march in honour of falling soldiers was today fined £50,im sorry but that punishment doesnt fit the crime,shockingly poor sentence for a total arsehole :(

HE SHOULD OF HAD 2 YRS IN PRISON FOR EVERY POPPY BURNT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
krab wrote:a man who burned 2 plastic poppys and shouted insults infront of a march in honour of falling soldiers was today fined £50,im sorry but that punishment doesnt fit the crime,shockingly poor sentence for a total arsehole :(

HE SHOULD OF HAD 2 YRS IN PRISON FOR EVERY POPPY BURNT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

What reactionary nonsense.

Should those who burn a copy of the Koran be given 2 years in prison for every one burnt as well?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

agreed,and offered free of charge to be taken to anywhere in the world that this person felt that they had no gripes with the people that are his fellow countrymen(a one way ticket) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
annis im being diplomatic here and not bringing religion into it :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

krab wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

agreed,and offered free of charge to be taken to anywhere in the world that this person felt that they had no gripes with the people that are his fellow countrymen(a one way ticket) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
annis im being diplomatic here and not bringing religion into it :ayatollah:

Spot on Kevin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That would infringe his human rights-the lefty do gooders probably think that he has a right to express his dislike of poppies.

What gets me is that there are lads like Corkys son who have fought for our country and they do one thing wrong and get banged up for 16 months yet scum like that get fined 50 quid for what to me is treason. Remembrance day should be a national holiday.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:02 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Should those who burn a copy of the Koran be given 2 years in prison for every one burnt as well?

i got to be honest,if i burnt the koran in a middle eastern muslim country i would expect a severe punishment,and i bet if i burnt the koran here i would get more than a £50 fine,i think you are the one talking nonsense :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:04 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If we did that in their country we would prob have 10 yrs in prison and our hands chopped off and thats not a joke.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 pm

[quote="krabi got to be honest,if i burnt the koran in a middle eastern muslim country i would expect a severe punishment,and i bet if i burnt the koran here i would get more than a £50 fine,i think you are the one talking nonsense :ayatollah:[/quote]
Ignore him Krab-he's a jack and thinks that carrying a red hand flag is normal.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If we did that in their country we would prob have 10 yrs in prison and our hands chopped off and thats not a joke.

Well firstly, where is "their country" exactly?

Secondly, the point is that protest is tolerated in this country. You however would stick him behind bars because you don't agree with his protest. That is a very slippery slope.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:[quote="krabi got to be honest,if i burnt the koran in a middle eastern muslim country i would expect a severe punishment,and i bet if i burnt the koran here i would get more than a £50 fine,i think you are the one talking nonsense :ayatollah:

Ignore him Krab-he's a jack and thinks that carrying a red hand flag is normal.[/quote]

I have a mind of my own thanks.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:12 pm

FREEDOM OF PROTEST IS NOT UNLIMITED, Jack. Any other people did that, thered be uproar. What if football fans did it? The fact a Muslim did this means they Judge bottles it

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:FREEDOM OF PROTEST IS NOT UNLIMITED, Jack. Any other people did that, thered be uproar. What if football fans did it? The fact a Muslim did this means they Judge bottles it

I'm well aware it's not unlimited but to say he should be put in prison for 2 years for every poppy burnt is reactionary nonsense.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:15 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Secondly, the point is that protest is tolerated in this country. You however would stick him behind bars because you don't agree with his protest. That is a very slippery slope.

so you think that a protest against people honouring the death of young men and women that have giving their lives so that this country remains a democracy is ok,i think if you are just trying to wind people up on a subject like this then either you have no alliegence to this country or you are just a total w@nker,which is it

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:16 pm

NJ73 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:FREEDOM OF PROTEST IS NOT UNLIMITED, Jack. Any other people did that, thered be uproar. What if football fans did it? The fact a Muslim did this means they Judge bottles it

I'm well aware it's not unlimited but to say he should be put in prison for 2 years for every poppy burnt is reactionary nonsense.

Like a football fan having 16 months for throwing a plastic cone at a lad who wants to fight him.

OUT OF HONOUR and RESPECT FOR OUR FALLEN HEROES, PERSONALLY I WOULD OF CHOPPED HIS HANDS OF MYSELF IF I WAS ALLOWED And then given him 2 yrs for every poppy burnt, HE SICKENS ME.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 pm

krab wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

so you think that a protest against people honouring the death of young men and women that have giving their lives so that this country remains a democracy is ok,i think if you are just trying to wind people up on a subject like this then either you have no alliegence to this country or you are just a total w@nker,which is it

Where did I say I think it's ok? I think it's in bad taste and don't agree with it but I would certainly defend his right to do it. After all, isn't it these rights that people have given their lives for (hence it being a bad taste).

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:19 pm

NJ73 wrote:

NO, what is reactionary is an alien faith coming to this country and trying to impart ITS reactionary views on ALL of us, in this instance by thinking they've the right to disrupt a moment so important to most of this country.

Re: " the punishment for burning poppys on poppy day "

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:19 pm

FROM FACEBOOK

Yousef Taleb, Frederick Lowther and 2 others like this.

Chris Western f*cking joke im going down for a aplastic bottle on the floor as a token gesture
16 minutes ago · Like

Paul Foy fuckin joke about time this country sorted its self out think we should have a british uprising hahahaha
11 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Nigel Pepper If he doesn't like our soldiers and the uk , repatriation is in order. And I'm a lefty . I'm amazed that any gov doesn't do that , their popularity would rise over night.
8 minutes ago · Like

Andrew Bluebirdnips Parsells pathetic annis, football fans get 9 months for being in the wrong place, but doing nothing, these scum insite a riot and disrespect the country giving them a home, and they get a £50 fine. reverse the roll and go to their country and burn something of importance of theirs and see what happens, let me tell you it would be a minimum of a public flogging
7 minutes ago · Like

Nigel Pepper How long did you get Chris !
6 minutes ago · Like

Chris Western going tomorrow for pretrial im looking at 6-8 months f*cking pissed right off
4 minutes ago · Like

Chris Western if you get found gulity your going to jail doesnt matter who u are and what youve done its a stich up
2 minutes ago · Like

Annis Abraham Jnr £50 fine.
2 seconds ago · Like

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 pm

NJ73 wrote:Where did I say I think it's ok? I think it's in bad taste and don't agree with it but I would certainly defend his right to do it. After all, isn't it these rights that people have given their lives for (hence it being a bad taste).

You would defend his right to do it.

Total wanker.
Last edited by Gareth (Wilts) on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 pm

From Facebook

Paul Foy
the government are totally shit scared and always use the bull shit race card what a load of bollocks says it all when they send soldiers away to fight and cut their pay and lay them off the government and the police are shit corrupt wankers thats just to get started
about a minute ago · Like

Michael Ford
This country is one big sodding joke,we,r second classed citizens in our own country.
A few seconds ago · Like

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm

krab wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Burn a Koran tho and its a HATE crime.

This country is fucked

im not sure if you noticed but i made not mention of this arseholes beliefs or origin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So what?

His whole protest was a Religious one you clown, so if he sees fit to spit on the memory
of our war dead, then I will quite happily piss, spit and shit on his koran. But i would end
up behing bars for it.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:[country or you are just a total w@nker,which is it

Where did I say I think it's ok? I think it's in bad taste and don't agree with it but I would certainly defend his right to do it. After all, isn't it these rights that people have given their lives for (hence it being a bad taste).

Total wanker.[/quote]

Cut the personal abuse is it?

So you would only allow protests that you agree with? Hitler did that, how did that turn out?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:[country or you are just a total w@nker,which is it

Total wanker.

Cut the personal abuse is it?

So you would only allow protests that you agree with? Hitler did that, how did that turn out?[/quote]

The whole point (as well you know) is that the bearded scums religion and beliefs are protected
by our government. They gave him a slap on the wrist for insulting and enraging millions of
British people. His behaviour was liable to cause riots. His punishment was meaningless.

If I burn a Koran I will end up in jail.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

NJ73 wrote:So you would only allow protests that you agree with? Hitler did that, how did that turn out?

Extreme views should not be broadcast. Those from abroad who enter our country should respect our traditions and history. If they are not prepared to accept these then kick them out.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 pm

From Facebook

Chris Western
annis sometimes i wonder if really we are being dictated to? do we really have a say or are we just puppets and unpaid tax collectors for the few
4 minutes ago · Like

Paul Foy how does the fukin government justify that as a sentence i bet the tw*t doesnt even have to pay the fine probably be paid by the tax payers
3 minutes ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin Totally agree annis they get away wiv tha but if rolls reversed we would branded racists fuckin pathetic they should b deported all their benifits stopped send em packing.
2 minutes ago · Like

Nigel Pepper I'm sorry Chris I don't know what to say except it's wrong.

Paul Foy all the heroes past and present must be thinking what the f**k for ????????????????????????????

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 pm

taffyapple wrote:The whole point (as well you know) is that the bearded scums religion and beliefs are protected
by our government. They gave him a slap on the wrist for insulting and enraging millions of
British people. His behaviour was liable to cause riots. His punishment was meaningless.

If I burn a Koran I will end up in jail.

Which I don't defend as it's wrong. But as I said, people should be able to protest.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:So you would only allow protests that you agree with? Hitler did that, how did that turn out?

Extreme views should not be broadcast. Those from abroad who enter our country should respect our traditions and history. If they are not prepared to accept these then kick them out.

You should probably look up the history of Britain and the building of the "British Empire" before getting on that particular high horse.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:39 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

NO, what is reactionary is an alien faith coming to this country and trying to impart ITS reactionary views on ALL of us, in this instance by thinking they've the right to disrupt a moment so important to most of this country.

:ayatollah: