Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have we been given a pub near to Palace for tomorrow?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Flying to Stansted and will be in London by 3-30 pm have we been alloted an away pub for tomorrow?
If so whats it called and 1 more thing what tube stop do you get off for Palace? Remember guys anyone on the tubes tomorrow
have your wits about you as Millwall v QPR is also tomorrow and the cyber warriors have been bigging this up as a real
flash point match so I would hate to see any of ours being signalled out intensionally or unintensionally.

Re: Have we been given a pub near to Palace for tomorrow?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:39 pm

The Wetherspoons opposite the station is always popular, but all the pubs on that road to the ground will have some of ours, hope you have a good one. ;)

Cheers Gwyn

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Is the tube station called Crystal Palace or is it a overland railway station?
Cheers Pal

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 pm

It's the Thornton Heath train station, don't think there's any tubes that far South. It's a ten minute walk from the station to the ground. Or a four minute sprint if your chasing someone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 pm

It's overground. Most tubes north of the river. Most overground south of the river.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 am

I always go from London Bridge-------Norwood Junction, and walk up the Hill. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:35 am

brick1964 wrote:I always go from London Bridge-------Norwood Junction, and walk up the Hill. :ayatollah:

Yeah Norwood Junction is closer.

Norwood Junction from London Bridge on the Southern line, it's the first stop on a lot of trains or the 7thish on the slower ones.
Norwood Junction is on the Overground line as well, you can get to this line from Jubilee line (tube) at Canada Water or from District / Hammersmith and City (tube) from Whitechapel.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 am

Is this witherspoons pub opposite Thornton Heath or norwood junction train station
Cheers guys

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 am

danishblues wrote:Is this witherspoons pub opposite Thornton Heath or norwood junction train station
Cheers guys

I think the one being mentioned is by Thornton Heath, which is on the Southern Line from London Victoria. Or swap at East Croydon if going from London Bridge, a lot less trains go there than Norwood Junction. It's all within 15 mins walking distance anyway.