Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Booing - We've talked about this for far too long...

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am

...and now our manager is expressing his concern re this in the media. Im not DJs biggest fan, far from it. But we're 3rd in the league with 11 games to play and this is what our manager is discussing - the culprits need to wise up if you ask me - we've got to get to the end of the season with no regrets, and the way things are going atm there will be plenty of regrets imo

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28295911/

Re: Booing - We've talked about this for far too long...

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:16 am

yes we are 3rd in the league and defo in with a chance of auto promotion .............. BUT look at the bigger picture though , the squad we have etc then Cardiff should be top and 10 points clear and not sitting in 3rd 1 point behind our local rivals who by comparison to Cardiff have spent pennies putting their squad togethor !! So no wonder some fans will boo when we lose a home game or draw at home to much lesser opposition , its the nature of the game Im afraid . Expectations are high this season and Jones for one knows it ...............

Palace 1 - 2 Cardiff Whitts & Parkin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:26 am

this booing as to stop before it blows our season to bits! ... this "i pay my money, so i cant do what i want" is f**king nonsense! ... COME ON BOYS LETS GET BEHIND OUR TEAM FFS!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:02 am

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO So there :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:04 am

Nuclearblue wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO So there :lol:

:lol: your a very naughty boy!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 am

Fans pay good money and expectations are higher this season than any other Ive ever known ......... you cant really blame them at times . Fans have booed for just about every season Ive followed Cardiff so why only now are we going on about it ??

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 am

We will get promoted the day Day V Jones stops using stupid excuses EVERY time something goes wrong.

Its not even 'the dog ate my homework'. Its more like 'Susan Boyle ate my homework whilst watching Scum and talking like Ray Winstone'. Very far fetched David, MUST do better

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 am

Seems to me that a lot of users of this board will be happy to see City not go up - they can add to their hatred for DJ then. It would be their worst nightmare if we got to the promised land, they would have to be thankful to DJ then!

Oh no, ofcourse, but that would be down to the players. THe players make us win and the manager makes us lose! :lol: :lol:

Get a grip guys, the attitude of some really isn't helping the club, even the manager and the players are talking about it now! :oops: :oops:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Seems to me that a lot of users of this board will be happy to see City not go up - they can add to their hatred for DJ then. It would be their worst nightmare if we got to the promised land, they would have to be thankful to DJ then!

Oh no, ofcourse, but that would be down to the players. THe players make us win and the manager makes us lose! :lol: :lol:

Get a grip guys, the attitude of some really isn't helping the club, even the manager and the players are talking about it now! :oops: :oops:

If we get promoted it will be in spite of DJ not because of him.

Personally I can't stand the man and I think he is a footballing dinosaur.

However, I would take any kind of promotion rather than seeing redemption in his sacking after another promotion failure.

I personally didn’t boo (& never do) but for those who did post match I respect their right to express their opinion, which frankly on that result was well justified.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:40 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Seems to me that a lot of users of this board will be happy to see City not go up - they can add to their hatred for DJ then. It would be their worst nightmare if we got to the promised land, they would have to be thankful to DJ then!

If we get promoted it will be in spite of DJ not because of him.

Personally I can't stand the man and I think he is a footballing dinosaur.

However, I would take any kind of promotion rather than seeing redemption in his sacking after another promotion failure.

I personally didn’t boo (& never do) but for those who did post match I respect their right to express their opinion, which frankly on that result was well justified.

Fair enough, obviously, we all pay our money so can do what we like(within reason! :lol: ). And I know DJ isn't easy to like. But I just can't see how anyone thinks all this stuff is helping. Be dreadful if we miss out narrowly and the players come out and say they were affected by the ill feeling among fans. It must have an effect?

I don't care who the manager is, I just want City promoted. End of.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 am

This topic on booing is not new, its been brought up from time to time before, & i pretty sure i can recall both DJ & some players saying that after some poor performances in the past that they deserved to be booe'd off the pitch. I'm not a booe'r myself, but i can sense the tension & fustration in the crowd like everyone else. The expectation level this season are even higher than the last one,& so is the preassure, no less so than with Dave Jones & all the players & staff. Booing is a human reaction in order to vent ones feelings of dissatisfaction & apathy towards the perseived problem, & i don't think that is ever going to change. Perhapse DJ should get too the root cause & talk to the fans face to face, I sure the supporters club/trust & this forum would facilitate this, & imho, this would help the matter. The opportunities for doing this are always there, but i think hell would freeze over before DJ would even consider doing that, & for a guy that shuns the media, he's certainly quick to use it when suits him.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:This topic on booing is not new, its been brought up from time to time before, & i pretty sure i can recall both DJ & some players saying that after some poor performances in the past that they deserved to be booe'd off the pitch. I'm not a booe'r myself, but i can sense the tension & fustration in the crowd like everyone else. The expectation level this season are even higher than the last one,& so is the preassure, no less so than with Dave Jones & all the players & staff. Booing is a human reaction in order to vent ones feelings of dissatisfaction & apathy towards the perseived problem, & i don't think that is ever going to change. Perhapse DJ should get too the root cause & talk to the fans face to face, I sure ths supporters club/trust & this forum would facilitate this, & imho, this would help the matter. The opportunities for doing this are always there, but i think hell would freeze over before DJ would even consider doing that, & for a guy that shuns the media, he's certainly quick to use it when suits him.

Great points made Rick. Me and my mate were saying the other day that Jones should speak to the fans, direct. This would go a huge way to clearing up the problem-til atleast the end of the season. You're right, when it suits he isn't shy to try and use the media. I know booing is a human reaction and I can understand the frustration. I don't think many clubs fans boo their team when they are 3rd in the league. People talk about the players we have etc. But, I could be wrong, I don't think Chelsea fans were booing the players and Ancelloti when they were down in 5th.

As I keep saying, I just don't see how booing helps! Each to there own though! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:56 am

JonScam wrote:...and now our manager is expressing his concern re this in the media. Im not DJs biggest fan, far from it. But we're 3rd in the league with 11 games to play and this is what our manager is discussing - the culprits need to wise up if you ask me - we've got to get to the end of the season with no regrets, and the way things are going atm there will be plenty of regrets imo

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28295911/

I watched the interview in which DJ made the remarks and for me his tone and body language was that of a person looking to deflect criticism from him and his players.

Again he spoke of past standards at the football club and how high they must of been if people felt that Saturdays performance justified Booing from some fans. He spoke about having a long conversation with Craig Bellamy on Sunday about what everyone at the club was trying to achieve and about the standards we are setting again he made dismissive remarks about past standards at the club.

I was amazed by this because after a poor TEAM performance away to Ipswich he decided to turn on Adam Matthews and basically blame him for the defeat telling the world that the club didn't have time to Molly Coddle youngsters who clearly needed to man up. The rest with Adam is now history.

On Saturday immediately before Ipswich scored Cardiff were attacking and Chopra passed the ball to Craig Bellamy on the edge of the box, an Ipswich player (Norris) challenged Bellamy for the ball and in a totally committed fashion, if I said Bellamy was halfhearted in comparison I would be giving him a lot. Norris although flat on the floor still managed to pass the ball to Wickham whilst Bellamy made no effort to stop the pass. Wickham launched it up the line and the ball found it's way to Bullard (13 seconds after the ball was passed to Bellamy) the rest is now history.

No mention of DJ not having time to molly coddle star players like Bellamy in fact he takes time out to call Craig and discuss pass standards at the club. This is at the core of whats wrong at the club as on Saturday Craig should have done better or in reality he could have shown an ounce of desire to win the ball, he didn't and although DJ clearly doesn't want to upset one of his precious players the fans all saw the lack of effort and that doesn't help this booing situation.

I was bought up watching Jimmy Scoulars Cardiff City team and let me tell you standards in respect of effort and commitment were far higher than they are at the moment. As fans all we want to see are players who give everything for the shirt I'm sorry but on Saturday there were a couple who didn't Bellamy & Bothroyd being the examples. If these players cannot understand why fans boo then show them the video of the game and confront them with it instead of pandering to their precious attitudes.

In my opinion it's time for DJ and some of his team to man up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:09 am

DJ talk to the fans ???? As if ....... he just thinks we are mere mortals below him and how dare we have the cheek to comment about him and his wonderfull football team , himself and club who's wages get paid from our ticket monies . At the end of the day we are just fans and know fa , do we ????