Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd if you are playing tonight (open letter )

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:32 am

We all know Jay reads this Forum so if you do jay please read this. When you came to Cardiff you was on your last chance saloon you knew if you failed here you would be playing lower league football. Dave Jones to his credit stuck with you he moaned at you he shouted at you and your game was improving a hell of a lot. But we all knew there was a lot more in your locker. You are a strong lad and you can beat players easily with your pace and power but you choose to take the easy option and that is to hit the deck all the time. Referees wised to this and in the end even if you was genuinely fouled they ignored your pleas.
Then the start of this season you changed your attitude and we all saw a Jay Bothroyd we all knew was there but never saw. Instead of falling over you stayed on your feet and you was awsome. The goals kept coming until England came calling. Every City fan was buzzing at you getting an England cap there was talk of Chelsea looking at you and by your performances for us this was justified. I know Lads that want England to loose every match ETC but when you came on we were all Cheering for you and willing you to score this was the Jay we all knew could do it this was the Jay Dave Jones could see.

Then Post England you returned to the old Jay the Jay that nobody wants. The amount of time you spend lying on the grass you could get Lisa to join you . Perhaps that is a downfall of having under soil heating i suppose :lol: but your game has gone downhill and instead of Chelsea looking at you you will be lucky if Chester would want you. We need the Jay that we had at the beginning of the season not this Jay who would rather fall down pretend to be shot then sit on your arse with your hands in the air.

If you continue we have another player waiting in the wings and if the Jay that needs stabilizers is on the pitch tonight then i for one will be shouting for the BEAST

Re: Bothroyd if you are playing tonight (open letter )

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:39 am

lets just hope he`s going through a slight blip and gets back on track asap, cause jay is unplayable when he`s on fire! top top player!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 am

Nuclearblue wrote:We all know Jay reads this Forum so if you do jay please read this. When you came to Cardiff you was on your last chance saloon you knew if you failed here you would be playing lower league football. Dave Jones to his credit stuck with you he moaned at you he shouted at you and your game was improving a hell of a lot. But we all knew there was a lot more in your locker. You are a strong lad and you can beat players easily with your pace and power but you choose to take the easy option and that is to hit the deck all the time. Referees wised to this and in the end even if you was genuinely fouled they ignored your pleas.
Then the start of this season you changed your attitude and we all saw a Jay Bothroyd we all knew was there but never saw. Instead of falling over you stayed on your feet and you was awsome. The goals kept coming until England came calling. Every City fan was buzzing at you getting an England cap there was talk of Chelsea looking at you and by your performances for us this was justified. I know Lads that want England to loose every match ETC but when you came on we were all Cheering for you and willing you to score this was the Jay we all knew could do it this was the Jay Dave Jones could see.

Then Post England you returned to the old Jay the Jay that nobody wants. The amount of time you spend lying on the grass you could get Lisa to join you . Perhaps that is a downfall of having under soil heating i suppose :lol: but your game has gone downhill and instead of Chelsea looking at you you will be lucky if Chester would want you. We need the Jay that we had at the beginning of the season not this Jay who would rather fall down pretend to be shot then sit on your arse with your hands in the air.

If you continue we have another player waiting in the wings and if the Jay that needs stabilizers is on the pitch tonight then i for one will be shouting for the BEAST

Well said Steve :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 am

Nuclearblue wrote:We all know Jay reads this Forum so if you do jay please read this. When you came to Cardiff you was on your last chance saloon you knew if you failed here you would be playing lower league football. Dave Jones to his credit stuck with you he moaned at you he shouted at you and your game was improving a hell of a lot. But we all knew there was a lot more in your locker. You are a strong lad and you can beat players easily with your pace and power but you choose to take the easy option and that is to hit the deck all the time. Referees wised to this and in the end even if you was genuinely fouled they ignored your pleas.

I bet Jay is sat(on the floor!) infront of his computer with his hands in the air when reading this! Complaining of the world being against him! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:19 am

Bowmonster Lee are you going to Palace tonight ?

Ive got my pick and shovel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:57 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Bowmonster Lee are you going to Palace tonight ?

Ive got my pick and shovel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately not Steve, Have a good trip and look after Milly ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:

I bet Jay is sat(on the floor!) infront of his computer with his hands in the air when reading this! Complaining of the world being against him! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

no he will just call you an idiot on twitter and suggest u un-follow him like he did to me when I sent him a message :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 am

Vintage 63 wrote:

no he will just call you an idiot on twitter and suggest u un-follow him like he did to me when I sent him a message :lol:

Nice guy! I've met him a couple of times and I have to say, the guy is a d!ck. For the record,I thought that when he was setting the league alight pre-xmas. He's a knob but he's alot more bearable when he does what he does best on a footie pitch! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am

If he does read this it's hardly goin to give him confidence isit???!!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:13 am

Valleybluebird wrote:If he does read this it's hardly goin to give him confidence isit???!!

Don't think Jay will have been accused of being short on confidence many times in his life! :shock:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 am

Bothroyd has all the qualities to be a premiership striker, he has alot of talent but he needs to work as hard as he did at the start of the season. jay will be key to us going up this season and if he hasnt got the right attitude it could cost us bigtime!

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:24 am

Jay, if you're reading this, I'm petitioning the club to remove the central heating.

Clearly the turf is too warm since you enjoy sitting on it so much...

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:26 am

nerd wrote:Jay, if you're reading this, I'm petitioning the club to remove the central heating.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:23 am

nerd wrote:Jay, if you're reading this, I'm petitioning the club to remove the central heating.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 am

Valleybluebird wrote:If he does read this it's hardly goin to give him confidence isit???!!

In my opinion confidence is not the problem. Laziness is the problem it is a lot easier to fall to the ground and try to battle past a player. He carries himself like he has all the confidence in the world (Well wouldn't you if you was dating/ seeing/ shagging Lisa Snowdon) :lol: But this is why he isn't a Premiership player. Come on Jay its not a case of proving me wrong its a case of not letting yourself down time and time again