Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: YOUR HAPPIEST MOMENTS FOLLOWING CARDIFF

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:00 am

since 64 wrote:I could say watching us at Wembley or even the play off final maybe the pride at being in a Major European Semifinal,beating Real Madrid or the sometimes forgotten win over the then holders Sporting Lisbon all Wonderful occasions and all made me proud to be a Bluebird yes i can even take some pride in being at our League Cup semi against West Ham only thing was they gave us a right bollocking [if it had been a boxing match they'de have stoppedit early]but it's none of these things.My proudest moment came in the 1987/88 season when[not for the first time i found myself on the sick]at home with very little to do and with a seven year old son [also on the sick]needing entertaining that day.Anyway in a flash of inspiration i suggests we go watch the City train[you could still do that in those days]and to my son a Junior Bluebird[before it became popular]that was a top idea.So down to NP we go to discover they are having a light session on NP it's self,so in we sneak and stand in the Emclosure watching our heroes go through thier paces supervised by Jimmy Goodfellow[a real gentleman]when suddenly Jimmy spots us and asks would your boy like to join them on the pitch and be a ballboy for the session?Well i've never seen the little bugger move so fast[maybe when hi's Mam was on the war path]anyway he was gone, proud as punch to be on NP with hi's heroes.So the session ends but before the players leave the pitch they involve him in a kick about and George Wood lets him take a few pens against him.Jimmy Goodfellow invites me to see the dressing rooms and treatment room inside NP hallowed ground to me,and my boy well he's disappeared with hi's new best friend Nigel Stevenson down the tunnel to the changing rooms to get autographs from all the players,a truly great day and the one that i would say was my happiest and proudest moment following Cardiff City.

Can I just say that is a terrific story. I can completely understand why that would be your favourite moment and you are very lucky!

That's the core of why football is so popular in this country as well. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 am

All my memorys when I started going down the city with my mates when we about 12. Not knowing all the rules of football so to speak just enjoying going down and singing and having a laugh :ayatollah:
Then it has to be the Man City game and the Leeds game the highs and the lows of both games were out of this world. Like the high of Blake scoring, the low of Man City getting a pen and the high of Mark Grew saving it, same in the Leeds game Leeds scoring, kav scoring then scott young scoring right at the end. The atmosphere was electric for both games
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Going away and the one a only time I have followed city for the whole of pre season up in Scotland

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:32 am

scunthorpe away 93
wembley * 2
wrexham away93
wolves away 1988 when we won 4-1
burnley away 1988
barnsley away 1984

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:I know its been done before but, I want to think of good times with the City.

WEMBLEY Twice a Dream full filled :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Promotion season, the season we beat Hereford before over 35,000 at Ninian Park 1975.
Going to my first ever game at Ninian Park v Bolton 1972/72, 1 nil City, Gill Reece, over 9,000 there.
Going to Foreign countries with the City, Standard Liege, Aurhaus, Admira Wacker, Denmark(twice), FC Malmo(Sweden), Scotland(twice Motherwell, Berwick, Ayr) , Ireland(3 times St Patricks, Athaine, Longford, Bohemians,),Portugal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

my first away game , it was Wrexham around 91/92 i think a real eye opener :lol: