Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No Ramsey- No Wins

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Was always going to be the case im afraid, our fears are proving true! Lets be honest having a ferrari in midfield and returning to a lotus was always going to make a big difference.

Re: No Ramsey- No Wins

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm

No doubt that you are right but going into the last two games with a powder puff midfield is not helping the situation.

Different league I know, but look what happened to Man U on Sunday at Liverpool with Carrick and Scholes in the middle. Fergie was going all out for a win but the midfield got totally overrun and could not get the ball to the forwards.

I know that we do not have too many options but playing 6 attacking players at the Palace does seem like a recipe for disaster.

I think that Jones is getting paid very well with his hand picked squad but is not very good with coming up with creative solutions when a player or two (in this case one) are missing.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Thats two defeats now, three if you include the Forrest game.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 pm

The midfield hasnt been the problem for the past few years though, we couldn't have seen this coming... oh no wait.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 am

Daya wrote:Was always going to be the case im afraid, our fears are proving true! Lets be honest having a ferrari in midfield and returning to a lotus was always going to make a big difference.

Totally agree with you, sad but true.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:13 am

Enough was created in both games to win both.
Our course Ramsey would be missed and losing oli doesn't help but both Witts and Mcphail have put gd shifts in both games.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 am

2blue2handle wrote:Enough was created in both games to win both.Our course Ramsey would be missed and losing oli doesn't help but both Witts and Mcphail have put gd shifts in both games.

Indeed it was BUT the questions needs to be asked then why didnt we win both games ??

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:51 am

we had the chances to win, but were denied by some brilliant saves