Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: When was the last time we scored from a Corner..?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 am

Saturday......... Got disallowed though!!! And to make things worse I done keinan for 1st goal so the linesman cost me £410

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 am

Valleybluebird wrote:Saturday......... Got disallowed though!!! And to make things worse I done keinan for 1st goal so the linesman cost me £410

Saturday was a freekick not a corner as the OP has said we just don't score from corners.

May as well hand it straight to the Keeper and let him have a goalkick. Fact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 am

castleblue wrote:
Valleybluebird wrote:Saturday......... Got disallowed though!!! And to make things worse I done keinan for 1st goal so the linesman cost me £410

Saturday was a freekick not a corner as the OP has said we just don't score from corners.

May as well hand it straight to the Keeper and let him have a goalkick. Fact :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have been concerned about the quality of delivery from corners for sometime now. It seems strange that this is such a problem as we have Bellamy and Whittingham (right foot/left foot) taking them, with plenty of height to aim at (Bothroyd, Hudson, Kienan, JET, Oli).

The last decent one I can recall was oddly Palace away last year when Gypyes scored from a routine which appeared to have come from the trainning ground.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 am

Ohhhh!!!! My mistake thought it was corner, at the moment we can't score penalties never mind corners

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:11 am

Valleybluebird wrote:Ohhhh!!!! My mistake thought it was corner, at the moment we can't score penalties never mind corners

Don't worry it's the same principle, we don't score from free-kicks either ;)

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 am

The last time we scored from a corner was about 18 months ago and was scored by Anthony Gerrard. I can't remember who it was against. Ant has scored 2 similar goals for Hull this year from corners.

Hope this helps. It would prob be best to give a goal kick cos we would then get a chance to win the ball back
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 am

last one i remember was against norwich when Bothroyd scored after a header back to him from Hudson, he did miss an easier chance just efore that one though