Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

There's a lot of fans

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 am

who want dj out now,personally i think there's no point changing our manager at a crucial time time of the season when we still in such a good position.however there seems,some fans want this.So im asking those fans,who would you get in to replace him?

Re: There's a lot of fans

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:23 am

no point at the moment BUT I just wish he's start picking players in their correct positions and drop those who arnt delivering the goods and NOT just drop the one's he doesnt like ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:23 am

Di Matteo or in summer, Poyet.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 am

boxerbob wrote:who want dj out now,personally i think there's no point changing our manager at a crucial time time of the season when we still in such a good position.however there seems,some fans want this.So im asking those fans,who would you get in to replace him?

Terry Burton who is hugely popular with the first team squad; also that option (which would be until the end of the season) would also see the least disruption to the management structure and the least cost implications for the owners.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 am

Vintage 63 wrote:no point at the moment BUT I just wish he's start picking players in their correct positions and drop those who arnt delivering the goods and NOT just drop the one's he doesnt like ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its all very frustrating at the moment martin.im a dj fan but unless he starts playing people in their best positions,it will be playoffs at best.Cant understand any manager why they get players in and not play them, in their intended playing positions :?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:34 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
boxerbob wrote:who want dj out now,personally i think there's no point changing our manager at a crucial time time of the season when we still in such a good position.however there seems,some fans want this.So im asking those fans,who would you get in to replace him?

Terry Burton who is hugely popular with the first team squad; also that option (which would be until the end of the season) would also see the least disruption to the management structure and the least cost implications for the owners.

he seem a decent bloke tony.in all fairness,do you think terry burton got the mentality to take us that step further?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 am

Vintage 63 wrote:no point at the moment BUT I just wish he's start picking players in their correct positions and drop those who arnt delivering the goods and NOT just drop the one's he doesnt like ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on there mate, but he will not do it he is too stubborn, like I said in another thread how long did it take him to drop Naylor (cost us a good few points)?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 am

Agree with post above sack Jones now and appoint Burton until the end of the season. Facts have got to be addressed that Jones has assembled a squad he can't gel or manage which is shocking.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:48 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Agree with post above sack Jones now and appoint Burton until the end of the season. Facts have got to be addressed that Jones has assembled a squad he can't gel or manage which is shocking.

dj haters usually get me wound up,but even myself is getting fed up lately.i thought burton didn't want the managers job?if thats the case,there's no point in him having it!we need somebody with experience and mentality to take us that extra yard

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:53 am

nerd wrote:Di Matteo or in summer, Poyet.

Good call for Poyet. We need a brave manager who isn't afraid of making tough decisions but sacking Jones now would be suicide

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 am

We should have sacked him in January and brought Eddie Howe in but we didn't. Our hand as fans has been forced and I'm going to resist the calls for DJ to go because it's useless now. The team and management have my full backing until May.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 am

Zabier wrote:We should have sacked him in January and brought Eddie Howe in but we didn't.

I agree that Howe looks like being an excellent choice for Burnley. But we were in the promotion places and, in all honesty, we looked like we could go on and do better, given the players we have and the fact that new players came in during the transfer window. So sacking Jones then for a manager untried at this level would have been a huge, huge gamble. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am

In reponse to original post, I don't think it matters who would come in. DJ wont take us up and since the end of last year I've always thought this. Believe me I'd love to be wrong and would eat my words. All season all i've heard is - can't get rid now / look at the position we're in / lets see at end of Dec / Let see at end of transfer window / got to give til end of season......
..another season over

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 am

MikePT wrote:In reponse to original post, I don't think it matters who would come in. DJ wont take us up and since the end of last year I've always thought this. Believe me I'd love to be wrong and would eat my words. All season all i've heard is - can't get rid now / look at the position we're in / lets see at end of Dec / Let see at end of transfer window / got to give til end of season......
..another season over

DJ frustrates me with his selections and atttitde at times mike,but he's our manager i suppose.love him or hate him with the players at his disposal,we should still go up come may

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:33 am

boxerbob wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

he seem a decent bloke tony.in all fairness,do you think terry burton got the mentality to take us that step further?

I think he could do an excellent job until the end of the season. TB has made it known in the past that he is not a Number 1, but I believe he would do the job as an emergency manager for the final 10 games.

The brutal truth is, if Jones stays in charge we wont get promoted, so any kind of change of direction is worth a punt.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 am

The brutal truth is, if Jones stays in charge we wont get promoted, so any kind of change of direction is worth a punt.[/quote]
I dont know much about tb but it do seem,he's very well respected!Do you think this meeting in malaysia could well bring terry burton into the equation?If we're gonna change management,it gotta be done with the littlest disruption as possible with only 10 games left.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 pm

if we go up he stays,
if we stay down hes had it :ayatollah: