Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THIS IS IT. "

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 am

This time last year we were 17 points off second and 18 points of third, and clinging onto the playoff's

This year we are 9 points of 1st and 2 points off 2nd and lying in fourth 30 points to play for. IS ALL LOST ???

All we can do is turn up, support the team, stay until the end.

Don't forget the players manager and us the fans are under immense pressure. This has to be our year and we need to hold it together right until the end ALL OF US.

The faults, blame and finger pointing can be done at the end of the season (hard as that is), its all to play for still.

Come on CITY we can fu**ing do this.
:ayatollah:

Re: THIS IS IT.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 am

Love it

In total agreement with you

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 am

nah we cant.
:D

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

i dont think its down to being able to get promoted...its more of a will we get promoted?

for me i still think they can, and again the we want jonesy out boys have said stuff on here when we lose, yes its absolutely fustrating when cardiff miss opportunities to take 2nd spot but we have enough games to turn the tide. I'lll tell you one thing which may affect us even more is that the jacks know we've failed twice to go 2nd which they will realise theres no pressure on them.

so the question will we get promoted?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 am

nugent wrote:nah we cant.
:D

oh yes WE can :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:25 am

Sorry, but i don't share your optimism, however, as always, i live in hope!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:25 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i dont think its down to being able to get promoted...its more of a will we get promoted?

for me i still think they can, and again the we want jonesy out boys have said stuff on here when we lose, yes its absolutely fustrating when cardiff miss opportunities to take 2nd spot but we have enough games to turn the tide. I'lll tell you one thing which may affect us even more is that the jacks know we've failed twice to go 2nd which they will realise theres no pressure on them.

so the question will we get promoted?

Agree but the Jacks also failed to beat Scunny and drew with Watford. I'd be even more concerned if I were them, as its not just us waiting to attack but the other teams in the mix.

I'm just trying to convince myself and some other that not all is lost YET.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Sorry, but i don't share your optimism, however, as always, i live in hope!

Completely understand mate.

I'm finding it difficult too, I did lose sleep last night, that's how much it means to me and everyone else.

Its spreading like a disease though and I've no doubt this will be evident on Sunday, we can still play our part as fans and I will certainly be doing that. I'll be the bloke at the back of 104 singing on my own again :oops:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:09 pm

rb1976 wrote:This time last year we were 17 points off second and 18 points of third, and clinging onto the playoff's

This year we are 9 points of 1st and 2 points off 2nd and lying in fourth 30 points to play for. IS ALL LOST ???

Don't forget the players manager and us the fans are under immense pressure. This has to be our year and we need to hold it together right until the end ALL OF US.

The faults, blame and finger pointing can be done at the end of the season (hard as that is), its all to play for still.

I really hope you are right and I would be delighted to think we won't have to endure another post match autopsy like the last 2 games against Ipswich and C Palace until at least August. :|

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:13 pm

rb1976 wrote:This time last year we were 17 points off second and 18 points of third, and clinging onto the playoff's

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Sack Jones and ill restore my faith! We will not go up with that clueless bottler in charge!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I really hope you are right and I would be delighted to think we won't have to endure another post match autopsy like the last 2 games against Ipswich and C Palace until at least August. :|

Hope is all we have left, belief was left in London. :(

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:01 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Sorry, but i don't share your optimism, however, as always, i live in hope!

Respect to you Rick, thats a lot of travelling! :ayatollah: :D

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=hope,+wales&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Hope,+Leighton,+Welshpool,+Powys&gl=uk&ei=-r93TYT1G4-0hAeerunzBg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q8gEwAA

Re: " THIS IS IT. "

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:39 pm

keep the faith lads 10 games left ALL TO PLAY FOR {we can do it } :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 pm

There is nothing we can do about the last 2 games they are gone and if lady luck had been on our side we could have had 6 points and be sitting 4 points clear in 2nd. Equally if the Jacks had won 2 very winnable games they could be 7 points clear of us and i'm sure there would be a lot more doom and gloom. Notts Forest have only taken 6 points out of 21 and who could of forseen that?

The point being there will be many more twist and turns and shock results before the end of the Season and all we can do is give our 100% support to the team. Dave Jones is here until the end of the season so there is no point in calling for his head every time we lose if he fails to take us up he his gone and he must know it so be assured he will be doing everything he can to get us promoted.

There are 10 games left and we need 7 wins and possibly a draw for automatic if not then it's the lottery of Play Offs but we would still have a fighting chance. Now is the time for The Manager, every Player and all us fans to realise we now have 10 Cup Finals and each and everyone of us must give everything to the cause then if we ultimately fail at least we have given everything. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

After 40 years supporting City i personally I believe we can do it come on City please return my faith :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:03 am

i'm trying to be optimistic, but i think it will go to the wire we miss out
back to wembley i reckon...
trip number 4 in 3 years.
we love it :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am

Personally I see us in the play offs, really hope I am wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I see us in the play offs, really hope I am wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WEll I have always like DJ mate but if we have to go in the play off ,I would say this season was a downer and that if DJ cant do it with these guys , he will never do it. In this own words ,these are the best set of players we have had . :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:53 am

really need automatic promotion because got a holiday booked for the semis of the play offs mrs wont be to impressed going on her own :D :D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Anarch0 wrote:Sack Jones and ill restore my faith! We will not go up with that clueless bottler in charge!

Totally agree mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 pm

blue nile wrote:
Anarch0 wrote:Sack Jones and ill restore my faith! We will not go up with that clueless bottler in charge!

Totally agree mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its too late for that the points have been lost and cant see that happening with the current structure.

Like I said all WE the fans can do is keep the support going. Getting on the players backs on match day is really not helping as we all know. We need to boost morale not destroy it by booing, and try and can create the best atmosphere we can even if it improves our performance by 1%.

I believe (hope) we can still turn this around. If we go into the playoff's in the state that we're in then I will have serious concerns