Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who will you blame???

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:43 pm

If we fail to gain promotion.

Players?
Dave Jones?
Lee Naylor?

Or is it down to the Malaysians for not being ruthless enough with DJ? I for one would love to see DJ get another arsehole torn for F-ing up results like Ipswich and Palace (Sam Hammam hint hint)

Just want people's opinions on who they will be blamin. I personnaly think at the moment we have as good a chance as any team around us and this post is not a negative one.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Who will you blame???

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Everyone has to take some blame but its all IF's

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:49 pm

i thought when DJ stayed on after the poor xmas run, that his job was safe until the end off the season.
Could burton do a better job if results didnt change??
Would cardiff city have anything to lose but giving him the last 6/7 games if we dont improve in next few games??
im not souley blaming the manager, the players have to look themselves in the mirror also.
but it is the managers job to get the tactics, team selection correct, react quickly to situations. Also his job to motivate himself, his team, and his staff.
guess its a case of support the boys and wait and see :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Only one guy to blame if we dont go up. Do I need to announce it?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm

MR JONES I HOPE U ARE READING THIS.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:58 pm

I think Burton would be the perfect option for us and although iv'e never met the guy I hear he isn't vocal enough. Sam Hammam could do the vocal side of things and TB the tactical (I know Hammam is not a manager).

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:00 pm

ashccfc wrote:If we fail to gain promotion.

Players?
Dave Jones?
Lee Naylor?

Or is it down to the Malaysians for not being ruthless enough with DJ? I for one would love to see DJ get another arsehole torn for F-ing up results like Ipswich and Palace (Sam Hammam hint hint)

Just want people's opinions on who they will be blamin. I personnaly think at the moment we have as good a chance as any team around us and this post is not a negative one.

Do you think that our season being fucked up is totally down to the last 2 results? What exactly do you think Sam Hammam would or could have done to improve matters?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:01 pm

ashccfc wrote:I think Burton would be the perfect option for us and although iv'e never met the guy I hear he isn't vocal enough. Sam Hammam could do the vocal side of things and TB the tactical (I know Hammam is not a manager).

Funniest thing I've read all day. Sack Jones now, bring in his number 2 as manager and have Sam Hammam as his number 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:

Players?
Dave Jones?
Lee Naylor?

Do you think that our season being fucked up is totally down to the last 2 results? What exactly do you think Sam Hammam would or could have done to improve matters?

The last 2 results?? Are you saying every other result this season has gone our way?

Sam has passion for the club. Simple as, unlike DJ & co

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
ashccfc wrote:I think Burton would be the perfect option for us and although iv'e never met the guy I hear he isn't vocal enough. Sam Hammam could do the vocal side of things and TB the tactical (I know Hammam is not a manager).

Funniest thing I've read all day. Sack Jones now, bring in his number 2 as manager and have Sam Hammam as his number 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where did I write sack Jones. You need to read things better mate I was replying to Milly44's comments

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:07 pm

This has to be a case of collective responsibility.

The worry for me is that people find it easy to criticise certain personalities such as DJ, the Chief Exec, Naylor, Jay, Whitts, Hudson (last season), etc. But people such as SuperKev, Bellamy, us fans, etc seem to be beyond criticism.

Take Jay and Bellamy for instance. Who has had the greatest positive impact on the field so far ? Surely that has to go to Jay yet he cops more flak than anyone despite the fact that Bellamy is on quadruple his wages :?

I'm not taking a pop at Bellamy because I still think he will get us up (maybe via Wembley :roll: :lol: ) I'm just using it as an example of how you can't just pin the blame on a couple of old favourites like DJ, etc.

DJ was the manager when we beat Leeds, Leicester, Jacks, Hull but some people would have you believe that those successes were solely down to the players/luck whereas the performances against Bristol, Ipswich, Palace were solely down to him :roll:

If we fail this season the blame will be aimed at the manager and he will, most likely, lose his job and I have no real issue with that, however, most of the players, staff and, to a lesser extent, the boo boys will remain yet they will also have contributed to that failing but suffer no real consequences unlike the manager.

On the positive side, I still think the autos are possible because this year it is more competitive than last and we have players who, at their best, are a match for anyone unlike last season. I just hope that everyone involved can pull together and stop the sniping (a game like last year's Leicester at home with 10 men would create the siege mentality we probably now need) and give it everything for the last push, then whatever will be will be :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:This has to be a case of collective responsibility.

The worry for me is that people find it easy to criticise certain personalities such as DJ, the Chief Exec, Naylor, Jay, Whitts, Hudson (last season), etc. But people such as SuperKev, Bellamy, us fans, etc seem to be beyond criticism.

Take Jay and Bellamy for instance. Who has had the greatest positive impact on the field so far ? Surely that has to go to Jay yet he cops more flak than anyone despite the fact that Bellamy is on quadruple his wages :?

I'm not taking a pop at Bellamy because I still think he will get us up (maybe via Wembley :roll: :lol: ) I'm just using it as an example of how you can't just pin the blame on a couple of old favourites like DJ, etc.

DJ was the manager when we beat Leeds, Leicester, Jacks, Hull but some people would have you believe that those successes were solely down to the players/luck whereas the performances against Bristol, Ipswich, Palace were solely down to him :roll:

If we fail this season the blame will be aimed at the manager and he will, most likely, lose his job and I have no real issue with that, however, most of the players, staff and, to a lesser extent, the boo boys will remain yet they will also have contributed to that failing but suffer no real consequences unlike the manager.

On the positive side, I still think the autos are possible because this year it is more competitive than last and we have players who, at their best, are a match for anyone unlike last season. I just hope that everyone involved can pull together and stop the sniping (a game like last year's Leicester at home with 10 men would create the siege mentality we probably now need) and give it everything for the last push, then whatever will be will be :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Couldnt agree with you more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm

ashccfc wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Where did I write sack Jones. You need to read things better mate I was replying to Milly44's comments

Milly's saying sack Jones and put Burton in for the last 6/7 games, an opinion you are endorsing. In my opinion sacking a manager so close to the end of the season is absolute suicide and too ridiculous to even contemplate. A new manager needs a fresh start and a clean slate, something we really haven't got time for now

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Players?
Dave Jones?
Lee Naylor?

Players mostly, they drift in and out, we sort the defence out and the strikers stop scoring :roll:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:18 pm

nottage i wasnt saying sack him mate. they were questions, was just throwing a few options out there if i did happen :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Players?
Dave Jones?
Lee Naylor?

Dave Jones without a doubt, the buck stops with the Manager, DJ assembled the Squad,DJ Manages them.

Nottage Blue wrote:

Its not that funny.

A couple more defeats and we are in serious trouble of seeing our season disintegrate. You need ot stop the rot and the only way of doing that is dramatic action.

ashccfc wrote:Do you think that our season being fucked up is totally down to the last 2 results? What exactly do you think Sam Hammam would or could have done to improve matters?

The last 2 results?? Are you saying every other result this season has gone our way?

Sam has passion for the club. Simple as, unlike DJ & co[/quote]
No, I'm not saying the last 2 results, but by singling them out, you are indicating that they are. Sam Hammam coming in on the playing side is lunacy. Kevin Keegan had passion, look at him. Mick McCarty is the passionate manager people on here are crying out for over Jones quieter style, but look at them. I wouldn't swap Jones for McCarthy in a million years. If we don't go up, I would probably sack Jones, but let's wait and see once all the promotion issues are sorted out. You never know, we might actually go up

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 pm

milly44 wrote:nottage i wasnt saying sack him mate. they were questions, was just throwing a few options out there if i did happen :ayatollah:

Thing is Milly, by discussing options at this stage of the season can only mean one thing. Getting rid of Jones

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:nottage i wasnt saying sack him mate. they were questions, was just throwing a few options out there if i did happen :ayatollah:

Thing is Milly, by discussing options at this stage of the season can only mean one thing. Getting rid of Jones

Not really Nottage unless we have to get promoted this season.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Milly's saying sack Jones and put Burton in for the last 6/7 games, an opinion you are endorsing. In my opinion sacking a manager so close to the end of the season is absolute suicide and too ridiculous to even contemplate. A new manager needs a fresh start and a clean slate, something we really haven't got time for now

If there is something wrong with the managers management, then extracting him from his position now would surely work the other way - i.e. upturn in results. A super talented squad wouldn't need to be tampered with in this instance

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Its not that funny.

A couple more defeats and we are in serious trouble of seeing our season disintegrate. You need ot stop the rot and the only way of doing that is dramatic action.

Thing is, most of the teams around us are dropping points. We're only 4th, 2 points off automatic promotion and, as we've all seen lately, a couple of good results for us and we could be back in automatic promotion. My own opinion is replacing/sacking Jones would be lunacy at such a critical stage in the season. We need stability right now and not to show anyone we are a rocking boat or a sinking ship, however you want to look at matters. Other clubs would be smelling our fear

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Milly's saying sack Jones and put Burton in for the last 6/7 games, an opinion you are endorsing. In my opinion sacking a manager so close to the end of the season is absolute suicide and too ridiculous to even contemplate. A new manager needs a fresh start and a clean slate, something we really haven't got time for now

If there is something wrong with the managers management, then extracting him from his position now would surely work the other way - i.e. upturn in results. A super talented squad wouldn't need to be tampered with in this instance

Are there any precedents for this?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Not really Nottage unless we have to get promoted this season.

My own opinion is that we need to keep the current management/coaching structure as it is. We may stumble over the line, but I think we will make it there. We may all be missing a few fingernails afterwards, but we can do it. Let's face it, we're all being told that players and maybe Jones read this message board, imagine what they must be thinking of all this negativity today

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Are there any precedents for this?

Numerous times there have been teams with hugely talented squads, underacheiving (as we are, like it or not), be it in relegation battles or the top end of the table. The installation of a new manager (temporary or permanent), if the choice is right, often works. I'll use a universal example - Hodgson at west brom has already dramatically improved their fortunes.

There are many more examples. I appreciate the season has not ended yet for west brom, but in terms of impact already, it is fitting.