Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REAL MADRID 40 YEARS HAS PASSED BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 am

YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO PURCHACE THAT LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY ON THE WAY TO THE GROUND ON SUNDAY. PM ME AND PRE BOOK YOURS NOW.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: REAL MADRID 40 YEARS HAS PASSED BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:23 am

I heared you on the radio this morning Frank ............ a night , which I missed , that will never be repeated again ?? :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am

THey run 30mins of it on Cardiff City Player , I think its still on there. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 am

from the Echo

http://yourcardiff.walesonline.co.uk/20 ... al-madrid/

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 am

Yeah what a night,a near full NP eleven players willing to die for the shirt,and although the team was past it's best they were great that night and fully deserved to win the game.Sadly same thread was started on the other messageboard with some guy dissing the achievement,NUMPTY.A trully great night and despite what Mr Jones says something to be trully proud of in the rich HISTORY of OUR football club.PS not one overpaid big time charlie on show that night.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:05 am

How about a testimonial for these guys?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Remember it well Frank, I was a 12 year old lad. Myself, Rod & Lawrence were standing on the Bob bank wall with my G/dad who blooded me into City.

Our first away game was with you, you crazy b*stard. Scared the holy shit out of us and you had a cheek to charge us your famous "half a bar".

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Remember it well Frank, I was a 12 year old lad. Myself, Rod & Lawrence were standing on the Bob bank wall with my G/dad who blooded me into City.

Our first away game was with you, you crazy b*stard. Scared the holy shit out of us and you had a cheek to charge us your famous "half a bar".

But you enjoyed it did you not :old: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Sat in the Canton Stand with my cousin about half way back, smack behind the goals.

Clarky aimed his header right at me !! You can see me on the tv if you look close :roll:

The only time I ever went in that stand till I took my kids there.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:42 pm

FblockFrank wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Remember it well Frank, I was a 12 year old lad. Myself, Rod & Lawrence were standing on the Bob bank wall with my G/dad who blooded me into City.

But you enjoyed it did you not :old: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 pm

My dad had a ticket that night. My Mum was heavily pregnant with my brother. She goes into labour and dad misses the game. The final score CCFC 1 Real Madrid 0. My brother wasnt born till the following day.

RIP Brian Clark. Gone but not forgotten.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

frankie, are you still doing the offer, a free can of bow with every purchase? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I heared you on the radio this morning Frank ............ a night , which I missed , that will never be repeated again ?? :ayatollah:

I'll never be a broadcaster I know that Martyn. :old: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Yes "I was there" enclosure Canton end. I will always remember Nigel Rees crossing for Clarkey to nod home the winner. Ten years prior to the Real Madrid game 11th March 1961 (50 years tomorrow) I stood on the bob bank to see us beat double winners Spurs 3-2 in a Saturday night game. Those were the days.

:old: :old: :old:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 pm

ninianblue wrote:frankie, are you still doing the offer, a free can of bow with every purchase? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Well why not, you know me.

:old: AND SLEEPLESS IN CANTON

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 pm

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 pm

FblockFrank wrote:YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO PURCHACE THAT LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY ON THE WAY TO THE GROUND ON SUNDAY. PM ME AND PRE BOOK YOURS NOW.

Frank, never said thanks properly but you sent one of these out to me in Aus. Had it framed properly and it looks the business. Cheers mate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Bondi Bluebird wrote:
FblockFrank wrote:YOU CAN HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO PURCHACE THAT LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY ON THE WAY TO THE GROUND ON SUNDAY. PM ME AND PRE BOOK YOURS NOW.

Frank, never said thanks properly but you sent one of these out to me in Aus. Had it framed properly and it looks the business. Cheers mate.

Cheers Bondi glad you liked it

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 pm

I was there, I was 21 at the time, and in the Grandstand enclosure, the memory will stay with me for ever, what a magic night. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am

My 1st ever City game,went with my old man and my brother as a 9yr old don't remember to much about the match I think i was in orr of the crowd and the noise,what I remember most about that night is some b*stard nicking my bobble hat :evil: If there was one City match I could relive it would be that one :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:42 am

A night i should have gone to, a week before the game my father came home with two tickets for the match,,,& said the other one was for my grandfather! :cry: :cry: :cry: I was 9 at the time.
A great poster though frank, & iv'e got one framed on the wall at home. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:31 am

Cliff Jones wrote:Yes "I was there" enclosure Canton end. I will always remember Nigel Rees crossing for Clarkey to nod home the winner. Ten years prior to the Real Madrid game 11th March 1961 (50 years tomorrow) I stood on the bob bank to see us beat double winners Spurs 3-2 in a Saturday night game. Those were the days.

:old: :old: :old:

Being a 10 year old living in neath with an egg chasing dad -watched it on the box live in black& white.This season realistically weve got the best chance of returning to the promised land since we sold tosh in 71? Please god lets do it.