Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" QPR - This mornings news Report... "

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... harge.html

Rangers in the dock! QPR face points deduction threat after FA charge
By CHARLES SALE and SAMI MOKBEL Last updated at 7:58 AM on 10th March 2011

Queens Park Rangers' Barclays Premier League dream was plunged into uncertainty on Wednesday night when they were faced with a points deduction for breaking FA rules.

Championship leaders QPR were charged with seven breaches of third-party ownership and agents laws over their £3.4million signing of Alejandro Faurlin from Argentinian side Instituto de Cordoba in 2009.

Shouting match: QPR manager Neil Warnock suffered when his Sheffield United team went down

FA sources refused to rule out a points penalty that would leave boss Neil Warnock's promotion push in jeopardy.

Rangers have been charged with agreeing a deal with a third party, understood to be an Italian agent, for Faurlin's economic rights and failing to notify the FA of the arrangement.

It is also alleged that QPR used or sought to pay an unauthorised agent and, along with chairman Gianni Paladini, submitted false documents when Faurlin extended his deal last year.

Record breaker: QPR signed Faurlin in a £3.4m deal

Rangers last night revealed their intention to fight the charges. A club statement read: 'Having co-operated fully with the FA's investigation, QPR and Mr Paladini shall be denying all of the charges and requesting a formal FA hearing to determine them.

'QPR and Mr Paladini are confident that there has been no deliberate wrongdoing involved.'

The FA are dealing with the matter because at the time of midfielder Faurlin's move to Loftus Road, the Football League did not have the regulations in place to deal with the allegations.

Rangers sources were last night adamant a points deduction was not on the cards. However, the charges are being dealt with seriously by Wembley officials and Sportsmail understands such a penalty is an option the FA will consider.

The case has echoes of the controversial Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano affair in 2006-07, which eventually led to West Ham being hit with a hefty fine. The Hammers were fined £5.5million after being found guilty of acting improperly and withholding vital documentation over the duo's ownership.

At the time of the Argentina stars' move to Upton Park, they were part-owned by Media Sports Investment. Sheffield United argued that Tevez played a major role in keeping West Ham in the top flight and claimed the east London club should be hit with a points penalty.

The Blades, who ironically were managed by Warnock at the time, were relegated instead as the Hammers avoided the drop by three points.

My comments

If they are being charged on 7 accounts, then clearly they deserve the punishment that will be dealt. Unfortunate for the true fans of the club, but rules are rules.

Re: " QPR - This mornings news Report... "

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 am

Personally, If they had points deducted I would not feel sorry for their Owners etc, But I would feel for their Fans.
If we took their place through this, it sounds good but for years and years to come, there would always be questions about how we got promotion and did we deserve it.

Just My Opinion.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 am

I have a feeling the deduction will be 2 or 3 points which shouldn't affect QPR who will still go up.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:Personally, If they had points deducted I would not feel sorry for their Owners etc, But I would feel for their Fans.
If we took their place through this, it sounds good but for years and years to come, there would always be questions about how we got promotion and did we deserve it.

Just My Opinion.

All we can do Annis is keep winning and earn our place. If and it's a big IF, we can finish top of the league (if they do have points deducted) it's the team who takes second place really that will benefit most. (theoretically, they would have been the third placed team).

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have a feeling the deduction will be 2 or 3 points which shouldn't affect QPR who will still go up.

Is that really a punishment!

More interestingly will be Warnocks view on the whole saga considering his rant previously with Sheffield utd.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 am

Personally I would feel sorry for there true fans but believe we as city fans have had more than our fair share of bad luck and wouldn't care less if it means we get promoted! We as fans desrvetrips 2 old trafford and stanmford bridge we have been waiting FAR to long and I don't really care how we get promoted as long as we do! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:33 am

Their comments are very interesting
"QPR and Mr Paladini are confident that there has been no deliberate wrongdoing involved"
this the bit that could get them points deducted "submitted false documents when Faurlin extended his deal last year"

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 am

I Would hate to Win promotion because of another Clubs defaults.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 am

As I said on a previous topic, a lot of other clubs fans were all over us like a rash over the Bellamy signing and the FL investigated and found no wrong doing. Would any of them have been worried about us losing points ? I don't think so.

Of course if any club profited by being promoted due to QPR's cheating it's not quite as satisfying but if they've broken the rules they have to pay the penalty. What are we expected to do, let them beat us at the CCS in April to even things up :roll: :shock:

I think they've made a major mistake in defending this as they could have mitigated their punishment by holding their hands up, they may still get away with a fine but they are taking a major gamble now.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:44 am

Igovernor wrote:Their comments are very interesting
"QPR and Mr Paladini are confident that there has been no deliberate wrongdoing involved"
this the bit that could get them points deducted "submitted false documents when Faurlin extended his deal last year"

Hmm False documents, this is going to be an interesting case.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 am

Annis, the way things are going now, I would happily take promotion anyway, having been around the last time we were in the First division, I have had a long wait :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:Personally, If they had points deducted I would not feel sorry for their Owners etc, But I would feel for their Fans.

Just My Opinion.

I would feel delighted for our fans, 10 points deduction would be brilliant, it's not going to happen but I would love it. They have played top flight football fairly recently, and could wait a season or two more, for us this could be our last chance at it !!!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:48 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis, the way things are going now, I would happily take promotion anyway, having been around the last time we were in the First division, I have had a long wait :lol:

:lol:

I have to admit, I would not turn it down, but I hope the Truth comes out in this investigation and hope its sorted now not in 8 months etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

their fans aint got nothing to worry about.there's no way will the f.a. dock qpr points, if they think it will benefit a welsh club into the top flight of the english pyramid

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 am

From Facebook

Peter Nescafe Thompson, Scott Lufc Mally and 2 others like this.

Barrie Bell Not at this stage in the season surely ???.
30 minutes ago · Like

Wes Ley I doubt they will be..
24 minutes ago · Like

Simon Richards No chance of it happening - even if they did would we be able to capitalise or would it just give us a harder team to play in the play-offs?
16 minutes ago · Like

Peter Nescafe Thompson They are going to be deducted 1 point this afternoon! lol, the mongrels...
9 minutes ago · Like

Mark Price Rules are rules so they should get deducted points irrelevant what stage of the season we are at. If it was Cardiff you can bet your life that we would get the deduction
5 minutes ago · Like

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am

boxerbob wrote:their fans aint got nothing to worry about.there's no way will the f.a. dock qpr points, if they think it will benefit a welsh club into the top flight of the english pyramid

I agree, I can't see it with us and Swansea so close...........

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:52 am

Bluebina wrote:
boxerbob wrote:their fans aint got nothing to worry about.there's no way will the f.a. dock qpr points, if they think it will benefit a welsh club into the top flight of the english pyramid

I agree, the fact that us and Swansea are up there will make it a whitewash.......

i thought this as soon as the come out about qpr.stan n co got bugger all to worry about annis

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

If they deduct them points, my feeling is they will be deducted 10 and this will mean they miss out on automatic promotion. Wasn't Flavio Briatore in absolute charge of the club at the time, though? The man's a wrong un

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 am

From Facebook

Richard Davies
think back to chesterfield when they went up with up in 2001 they were found in breach of league rules and deducted points, West Ham admitted their mistake, QPR haven't funny that Warnock bleated over it at the time now the boot is firmly o...
See more
2 minutes ago · Like

Peter Nescafe Thompson Rich!
I watched the news an they said 1 point to be deducted for lying!!!
A few seconds ago · Like

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:58 am

If they are deducted 10 points they will only be 3 points off top spot and 1 behind us with a superior goal difference to everyone so be surprised if they still didn't win the league especially with a everyone is against attitude they would have then

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 am

i remember something happened to swindon a few years ago when they were promoted,cant remember the details,any1 help me with this?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 am

They were dropped down 2 divisions, never recovered.

"In 1990, Ossie Ardiles guided them to victory in the play-offs and secured them a place in the top flight.

Several days later this was ripped from the side when the Football Association punished them for irregular payments to players.

They were relegated two divisions - which was reduced to one on appeal"

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 am

Can you imagine what would happen if City had a similar problem? People would have a field day on here-it would all be Dave Jones' fault! Some of you feel more sympathy for QPR than you do for City at the moment, come on guys, sort it out!! :lol:

Rules are rules at the end of the day. 7 breaches of the rules must be looked at and punished if neccesary!

If City benefit then so be it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

I like QPR, but at the end of the day they fielded an ineligible player this season which they gained an advantage from.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:I Would hate to Win promotion because of another Clubs defaults.

I am with you on this, its not the way I would want promotion, BUT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF NOT SEEING MY BELOVED BLUEBIRDS NOT BATTLING IT OUT WITH THE BIG BOYS. WAITED YEARS TO GET THERE AND MY PATIENCE IS RUNNING OUT.......... :evil:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 am

Surely with 7 charges they must be having an minimum of 10 points

it's not just 1 or 2 charges

its 7

I dont think they can get away with this

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

Igovernor wrote:They were dropped down 2 divisions, never recovered.

They were in the Premiership a few years later :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 am

We have our own problems with this loan to Ray Ransons Company and I wouldn't be at all surprised if at sometime in the future we are charged under these 3rd Party Rules. The FA have a rule directly drawn from FIFA statutes regarding this loan arrangements;

FA Third Party Ownership Regulations
8 A Club is not permitted to enter into borrowing or any other form of financing or investment that is secured against, or has a return directly linked to, the value or future value of any Player or Players employed by a Club, unless The Association has approved the arrangement in accordance with
Regulation A.2 above .

So unless this loan has been approved by the Association we appear to be in breach of regulations and IF we are and IF we are charged we could also suffer a points deduction. I wonder if Messrs Jenkins, Whiteley and Borley have been called to Malaysia to discuss our situation.

In respect of QPR there can be little doubt that they are guilty as the FA have carried out the investigation already, QPR will now have to defend their position and I don't think they will be able to. This is what the FA disciplinary panel must consider if they find QPR guilty.

In deciding whether to approve such matters, The Association shall have regard to the requirements of its Rules and Regulations (including without limitation these Regulations and the Rules on Dual Interests) as well as the Rules of FIFA and of any relevant Competition.

The any relevent competition gives the FA panel the freedom to apply sanction or punishment from the Football League (Relevent Competition) should they find QPR guilty of submitting false registration documents.

40.1 Failure to comply with any of the conditions relating to the registration will render the player ineligible to play for the club concerned as not being a registered player.

Football League punishments for fielding an ineligible player are;

40.2 Any club playing an ineligible player in a League match may have 3 points deducted from it's score and/or be liable for any other penalty as the board decide.

Sadly it could be that both clubs will have their seasons ruined by mismanagement by club executives, I agree this will not be fair on the fans but letting the clubs go unpunished, if found guilty, will not be fair on the clubs who have followed the rules. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 am

i was just wondering how long this case could be draggeg out for or will the f.a. act immediately?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have a feeling the deduction will be 2 or 3 points which shouldn't affect QPR who will still go up.

Have you read the charges? Nio way it would be only 2-3 points.

Luton used an unauthorised agent, got deducted 10. Given far more charges levelled at QPR, it'll be a lot more than that.