Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 am

I know this will be slammed by many(most!) on here but as Annis keeps telling us, this board is all about opinions! :ayatollah:

It is time to support Dave Jones or at least quit the constant sniping about him. He is OUR manager FFS. He's not perfect, nobody is, and there could be better out there........BUT he isn't going anywhere until atleast the end of the season, or at least if he did it would be a disaster for the club IMO.

I'm fed up of reading on here that all defeats are down to him and we have been top 5 in the league all season because of the players(which he has brought to the club!) and in spite of DJ. The guy can't win with most on here.

I honestly think there are some on here almost hoping that we fail this year. DJ will then be sacked and they can all say for ever and ever that 'Dave Jones ruined our chances of the promised land'.

Errmmmm....hello......don't you think he deserves credit for getting us this close???

We have had the most succesful years that CCFC have had for decades. Yes the club has spent big wages(why that is DJ's fault I'm not sure!). But, to be fair, we have barely spent anything on transfer fees for years!

All football fans have very short memories, but I honestly think that CCFC fans must have the shortest of the lot! Yes we are Cardiff City, yes we are POTENTIALLY a big club but we aren't yet and we don't have a divine right to win every game-specially in this league. And we certailnly don't have a divine right to get promoted!!!

This constant moaning about Jones is getting embarrassing, it is hurting the club, the players are moaning about it, the atmosphere is shite if we aren't winning within 20 minutes and I feel we, the fans, are damaging the promotion chances-that is madness!!!

So come on guys, lets get behind the club, the team AND the manager!!!!!

OR SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The time for the judge, jury and executioner could be in the summer but not yet!!!

Davey Jones barmy army....Davey Jones barmy army

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Here comes the grief.........................

(Unless Annis agrees with me first! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Re: Dave Jones

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 am

I disagree

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 am

agree nows not the time to slate dj but if we do blow promotion he is gong to get loads of grief and he then should walk, because with the squad we now have we should be top by some distance :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 am

caerblue wrote:agree nows not the time to slate dj but if we do blow promotion he is gong to get loads of grief and he then should walk, because with the squad we now have we should be top by some distance :ayatollah:

I agree, if we don't go up then he will get deserved stick. Hopefully that won't need to happen though!! ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 am

I will get behind him because nothing is going to change between now and the rest of the season, but with reference to the most successful years he has constantly failed to get us over the line, surely that is not successful for a club of our stature or as most pundits call us a sleeping giant. But here's hoping that that trend will change by the end of this season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 am

ask the same question about 5pm on Sunday :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

wdb2721 wrote:I will get behind him because nothing is going to change between now and the rest of the season, but with reference to the most successful years he has constantly failed to get us over the line, surely that is not successful for a club of our stature or as most pundits call us a sleeping giant. But here's hoping that that trend will change by the end of this season.

If someone had said to us when he arrived, particularly at the end of 'black Friday', that we'd still be a Championship club now then I'd have called that a success. The fact that in the mean time we have been to Wembley 3 times and are the closest we've been for years and years to the top flight means, in my book these have been successful years. I don't buy in to this 'stature of our club' stuff. When DJ arrived we had the 'stature' of a club happy to survive in this league. That has totally changed during his time at the club. That can't be by accident! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 am

Vintage 63 wrote:ask the same question about 5pm on Sunday :ayatollah:

Thanks for holding back Vintage-you were 1 of the replies I was dreading most-I know you aren't a massive fan of DJ!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
wdb2721 wrote:I will get behind him because nothing is going to change between now and the rest of the season, but with reference to the most successful years he has constantly failed to get us over the line, surely that is not successful for a club of our stature or as most pundits call us a sleeping giant. But here's hoping that that trend will change by the end of this season.

If someone had said to us when he arrived, particularly at the end of 'black Friday', that we'd still be a Championship club now then I'd have called that a success. The fact that in the mean time we have been to Wembley 3 times and are the closest we've been for years and years to the top flight means, in my book these have been successful years. I don't buy in to this 'stature of our club' stuff. When DJ arrived we had the 'stature' of a club happy to survive in this league. That has totally changed during his time at the club. That can't be by accident! :ayatollah:

Fair point and I must admit I was one of them who were happy to survive in this league but things do change and like vintage said he is with holding his opinion until after the game on Sunday the outcome of that game is massive!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:50 am

wdb2721 wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:

Fair point and I must admit I was one of them who were happy to survive in this league but things do change and like vintage said he is with holding his opinion until after the game on Sunday the outcome of that game is massive!

Yep, ANOTHER huge game!! I miss those meaningless mid table games!! They were much less harmful to your health!! :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 am

I agree that there is no point booing at games, and unsettling him and the players, at this stage but we should be allowed to vent on messageboards so that we get it off our chests!

I have to say that this has been an abysmal year for Jones. I think he is a decent manager but this year he hasnt been up to the mark. This is a piss poor league, with no big hitters, and he has had considerable backing (with what many agree is the best squad in the league) yet his tactics and selections are costing us points, BIG TIME!!!!!! Some of his decisions have been borderline insane this year and if we dont go up there will only be one person to blame, DJ!