Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's your favourite cider?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:53 am

With spring on it way what everyones choice? I expect most people to choose bow!!

I like a magners :ayatollah:

Think bulmers! taste like shit!!

Can anyone recommend a good cider???

Re: What's your favourite cider?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Strawberry and lime kopparberg... only cider i can drink :D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Strongbow. Always consistent and I can say I have never had a bad pint. :ayatollah:

What I don't understand is the Magners with ice stuff? Why water down cider? Just buy a cold cider from the pump! :?: :?:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Strongbow for me, the valley champagne!

Magners with ice on a hot day goes down a treat aswell.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Strongbow. Always consistent and I can say I have never had a bad pint. :ayatollah:

What I don't understand is the Magners with ice stuff? Why water down cider? Just buy a cold cider from the pump! :?: :?:

Fully agree never drink it with ice!! Messes with the flavour!! :o

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 pm

frosty jacks :lol: , although the lorry with the apples drove straight past the place that makes it..

lethal stuff, got me into all sorts of bother too but love the stuff.

strongbow if im in a pub. magners with ice if its the summer in a beer garden..

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Magners - definitely, i like both apple and pear versions.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Its a Wesh Cider and its called National Treasure and its the best Cider i have ever tasted. If you get a chance then please try it. http://blaengawneycider.co.uk/products.aspx

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 pm

few koppaberg pear's to start...bow and black then cant be beaten! mind you tho, taffy apples is the cider that hits you hard after a few lol

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Strongbow :ayatollah:

but if anyone fancies a sore head - Cornish Rattler .............

and make sure you have enough toilet roll the next morning :D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Blackthorn is the drink of choice of the South West Terror squad.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:39 pm

has to be thatchers gold, so sweet :D :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Addlestones.
I think they should issue a "Butt plug" after 3 pints tho! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Blackthorn is the drink of choice of the South West Terror squad.

Uh hum excuse me are you a member of the Terror Squad ? :lol: placid casual drinks Pimms, Cardiff City Culture Guiness Shandy, Taunton Bluebird anything he can get his hands on, and Claire we have to stop her drinking as she gets to punchy. And me its Bow that ends up spraying out of my gob like a fountain on the coach

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Do you have to ask :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Kopparberg pear almost frozen so it's like a slush puppy or Taffy Apples Welsh cider

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

can only drink Strongbow if it has a dash of black .
Brothers looks nice.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
The Loovenator wrote:Blackthorn is the drink of choice of the South West Terror squad.

Uh hum excuse me are you a member of the Terror Squad ? :lol: placid casual drinks Pimms, Cardiff City Culture Guiness Shandy, Taunton Bluebird anything he can get his hands on, and Claire we have to stop her drinking as she gets to punchy. And me its Bow that ends up spraying out of my gob like a fountain on the coach

Yes he is! He's my brother!

I quite like Thatchers too (another good Somerset cider!)

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:29 pm

theres only one cider.merrydown. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Claire wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Thatchers at Bath - Pre-season F**ked me right up! :lol:

consistently drink Bow, but occasionally like the Cloudy ScrumpyJack, and Asda are currently doing a big keg of it at the moment for £4.89! ;)

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Merlin wrote:
Claire wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Uh hum excuse me are you a member of the Terror Squad ? :lol: placid casual drinks Pimms, Cardiff City Culture Guiness Shandy, Taunton Bluebird anything he can get his hands on, and Claire we have to stop her drinking as she gets to punchy. And me its Bow that ends up spraying out of my gob like a fountain on the coach

Thatchers at Bath - Pre-season F**ked me right up! :lol:

consistently drink Bow, but occasionally like the Cloudy ScrumpyJack, and Asda are currently doing a big keg of it at the moment for £4.89! ;)

Bath was a good trip!!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Strongbow. Always consistent and I can say I have never had a bad pint. :ayatollah:

Strongbow is the choice of cider of most men, myself included. Always consistent. No bullshit. As for ice in Magners - well that is a typical Irish ploy. You know the type, blarney bullshit. Never fallen for it meself. A good cider is Taffy Apples, a Welsh cider. A bit sweet, but nice and refreshing. It says on the bottle -'No Ice. No Blarney. No Gimmicks' :lol: An obvious 2 fingers up at the Oirish.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:34 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:can only drink Strongbow if it has a dash of black .
Brothers looks nice.

bow with black in it tastes disgusting :evil: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Do you have to ask :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Lee

Try Stowford Press. Serve it in PoW and lots of other quality!!! establishments. Fecking gorgeous
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Drink Bo most of the time but when I can get hold of it I love Thatchers Oak Matured. Matured in rum casks it has a slight rum taste and at 5.2%abv it does the job nicely! :D
http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/press_archive/28.03.08_new500ml.html

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Magners or Kopparberg on a nice summer's day after work :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm

thatchers almost killed me at bath pre season. NUMBER 1 has to be STOWFORD PRESS :ayatollah:
i remember telling lee (bowsipper) about it last week. try it, its orgasmic :|

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Do you have to ask :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Lee

Try Stowford Press. Serve it in PoW and lots of other quality!!! establishments. Fecking gorgeous
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I should have tried it last saturday during the forum piss up when in the Duke of Wellington in Town as they had no bow.Mate bought me a pint of peroni instead @ £4.10 a pint :shock: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 pm

milly44 wrote:thatchers almost killed me at bath pre season. NUMBER 1 has to be STOWFORD PRESS :ayatollah:
i remember telling lee (bowsipper) about it last week. try it, its orgasmic :|

Yes you did Nathan so will look for it this weekend :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Another good cider is Kingstone Press. They sell it in the pubs in Maesteg in bottles, just over a pint in size :ayatollah: Think it is 6% proof :shock: You can get it in Bargain Booze for about £1.20 a bottle 8-)