Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW LIKELY IS IT THAT QPR WILL GET DOCKED POINTS?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

ive been reading into it all day

sounds very interesting

i believe that 7 charges is not something they can get away with lightly

the FA wouldnt charge them for 7 offences if they were unsure

Re: HOW LIKELY IS IT THAT QPR WILL GET DOCKED POINTS?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:45 pm

It's a charge (well, 7 actually) that have been brought against us, and we are the first club to face them under the current rules, which as far as I can see were ammended in 2009, AFTER the Tevez saga.
So there is no precedent here to go by. It's a landmark case that will set the standard for future cases like this.

I've heard of teams being kicked out of cup competitons for "fielding an ineligable player". That's a fact.

So.... is, or has Faurlin ever been, an ineligable player for QPR?
And was Tevez ruled ineligable? The answer to these may prove vital.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Just said on SSN more likely to be a fine be intresting to see if Warnock will play this player Saturday or the rest off the season due to what happened with Tevez.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm

So have I, sad init

I think it is very likely. As you said they have been CHARGED and fa have released a statement so they have all the evidence they think they need. Remember West Ham were not docked points as no rules in place at the time, rules have been put in place since that case.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Stan but 7 charges, you have to feel something bad is going on behind the scenes

If found guilty, is the new rules about being thrown out the league? :o

i bet its not the time to be a QPR fan

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 pm

glammy74 wrote:ive been reading into it all day

sounds very interesting

i believe that 7 charges is not something they can get away with lightly

the FA wouldnt charge them for 7 offences if they were unsure

I personally think the precident has been set with the west ham affair.. the FA need to be seen to take action against this.

West ham stayed up and Luton suffered on the back of previous inconsistancies in there policy of dealing with this problem.

but the intruging part in all this is that qpr allegedly submitted false documents.. f that is true it cant be a mistake or and oversight?

Fining mittal, ecclestone et all say £20m would be a complete farce. it would be pocket money for them?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Just said on SSN more likely to be a fine be intresting to see if Warnock will play this player Saturday or the rest off the season due to what happened with Tevez.

He has since signed a new legit contract , which is what kicked all this off

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm

this is a good read

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/q ... this_week_

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm

neeball wrote:

He has since signed a new legit contract , which is what kicked all this off

SHIT.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Makes no difference if our owners are worth £20 Billion or £20 a fine is a fine, I would pay the same fine for a parking ticket as a billionaire would so its not right to set a fine against what someone is worth that would be farcical.

I've been reliably informed today that 'QPR's lawyers have accepted the charges & that they are ready to answer the charges & that all paperwork is in order'

Now believe what you will, I agree for the F.A. to even charge us shows they must have some evidence but people my end sound very confident that we won't incur a points deduction.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Makes no difference if our owners are worth £20 Billion or £20 a fine is a fine, I would pay the same fine for a parking ticket as a billionaire would so its not right to set a fine against what someone is worth that would be farcical.

I've been reliably informed today that 'QPR's lawyers have accepted the charges & that they are ready to answer the charges & that all paperwork is in order'

Now believe what you will, I agree for the F.A. to even charge us shows they must have some evidence but people my end sound very confident that we won't incur a points deduction.

stan, has QPR accepted the 7 charges :o ???

if so i really dont think you can get away with that, sorry to say

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 pm

It would be hard on QPR if they do get points taken away from them, but I guess they should have thought of this.
I want Cardiff to go up of cause but I want us to win that place in the top without the help of any other team in that way.
But what will be will be :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 pm

But this will mean you have accepted using an unlicenced agent? That is 10 points right there, then you have the other more serious charges!

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 pm

I get where you are coming from stan regarding the fine.

I just cant see your owners getting fined a few million to go on and pocket £60m+ for being promoted. it would be interesting to see just how the fa and the PL have tightened up on the rules..

this fit and proper persons test is proven to be a shambles again!

personally i think if you do get points deducted we havent got the mindset to go on and take advantage of it all.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Sorry I'm typing and my phone is going off at the same time.

My mistake he did NOT say we have accepted the charges, he said our club lawyers have to answer to the charges put to them & they CAN do that. As said previously he tells me the legal bods at QPR are confident all paperwork is in order.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:My mistake he did NOT say we have accepted the charges, he said our club lawyers have to answer to the charges put to them & they CAN do that. As said previously he tells me the legal bods at QPR are confident all paperwork is in order.

They're going to say that though, they're going to react quickly guilty or not guilty

im just curious off if your paperwork is correct, why would they find the need to charge you 7 times

Something cant be right. I dont think the FA would make it public if they were unsure

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Sorry I'm typing and my phone is going off at the same time.

My mistake he did NOT say we have accepted the charges, he said our club lawyers have to answer to the charges put to them & they CAN do that. As said previously he tells me the legal bods at QPR are confident all paperwork is in order.

Maybe, but given they were confident all paperwork pertaining to Faurlin was in order in the first place...

The Tevez issue related solely to the paperwork. Not third party control, so pointing back to that has no relevance on this case.

Given Paladini's history and record, is your mate really confident or just putting on a brave face?

From the charges, it seems something was discovered and acted upon. You guys then provided false information in the process of extending the players contract. "Sought to use an unauthorised agent" indicates intent to break the rules. Add in the paperwork issue, if proven, would show you guys not only intended to break the rules but then tried to cover it up.

if that is all proven, there's no way you'd get or should expect leniency.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:13 pm

im just curious off if your paperwork is correct, why would they find the need to charge you 7 times

Something cant be right. I dont think the FA would make it public if they were unsure

Surely the paperwork the FA have is the same paperwork that QPR submitted?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:16 pm

neeball wrote:

Surely the paperwork the FA have is the same paperwork that QPR submitted?

Yes - the question is if the information within that paperwork was 1-00% accurate with regards to Faurlin's situation. If it wasn't then it was either an "honest mistake" or deliberately done. Given the number and range of charges, probability would suggest the latter - especially given Paladini's history.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm

nerd wrote:
Yes - the question is if the information within that paperwork was 1-00% accurate with regards to Faurlin's situation. If it wasn't then it was either an "honest mistake" or deliberately done. Given the number and range of charges, probability would suggest the latter - especially given Paladini's history.

i agree that is just one charge

they got another 6 to answer then aswell :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 pm

glammy74 wrote:
nerd wrote:

i agree that is just one charge

they got another 6 to answer then aswell :lol:

All the charges will be interlinked. All relate to the same player. If one is proven, it's almost certain the others will.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:19 pm

yes thats my point, qpr say they have the paperwork in order but the fa have charged them against that very paperwork

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 pm

neeball wrote:yes thats my point, qpr say they have the paperwork in order but the fa have charged them against that very paperwork

i no, the FA simply wouldnt go publicly to charge them with 7 offences if they were unsure of the outcome

They must have the info that QPR gave infront of them, which is obviously not legal

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 pm

I get where you are coming from stan regarding the fine.

I just cant see your owners getting fined a few million to go on and pocket £60m+ for being promoted. it would be interesting to see just how the fa and the PL have tightened up on the rules..

this fit and proper persons test is proven to be a shambles again!

personally i think if you do get points deducted we havent got the mindset to go on and take advantage of it all.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

According to the QPR messageboard they have stated that FIFA have backed them

if this is true i dont know, they seem to think that they have done nothing wrong

but then some fans are still unsure

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 pm

I agree he might be putting on a 'brave face' but he's only told me what he knows from someone very very close to source.

I agree the fact we've been charged is worrying. I'm hoping its a clerical error & not something more sinister.

To be honest Paladini was proved to be lying under oath in court during a previous trial so anytime the fella's name comes up I shudder.

I don't know whether to feel confident or not to be honest.

It will be interesting that's one thing I am sure of.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I agree he might be putting on a 'brave face' but he's only told me what he knows from someone very very close to source.

I agree the fact we've been charged is worrying. I'm hoping its a clerical error & not something more sinister.

To be honest Paladini was proved to be lying under oath in court during a previous trial so anytime the fella's name comes up I shudder.

the only thing im unsure is that why would the FA publicly charge you, if it was just an error with the paperwork they wouldnt gave gone this public.

Thats the only thing that im unsure of

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:39 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:I agree he might be putting on a 'brave face' but he's only told me what he knows from someone very very close to source.

the only thing im unsure is that why would the FA publicly charge you, if it was just an error with the paperwork they wouldnt gave gone this public.

Thats the only thing that im unsure of

All charges get announced on their website, nothing in that.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:41 pm

I have also been told they will prob get a heavy fine.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 pm

will they get docked points then annis or just a heavy fine? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: