Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Merthyr is a ****hole, la la la la

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:20 pm

placid-casual wrote:lets have a go at Newport !! (sorry Milly and Annis! :)

this could be a 10 pager!
I knew I was coming through Newport on saturday on the train as I saw a Huge Liverpool sign on a Pub !

was that Castleton, NEWPORT :D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:23 pm

It was a good 20 foot painted Emblem on a Pub fairly central. the backs of the Houses facing the Train Track needed some work !! fu## sake! :shock:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Newport is a shithole too.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Dafydd wrote:Newport is a shithole too.

Ironic that the lad from Tremorfa slates other places ;)

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Not that bad.

Dublin is worse.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Newport is a shithole too.

Ironic that the lad from Tremorfa slates other places ;)

Tremorfa is posh compared to Newport and Merthyr though ;)

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:That's correct, decapited by the train between Merthyr vale and Quakers yard.

Come on lets keep this thread on track

Don't take that 'line' with me![/quote]
You aint telling me where to get off are you ? [/quote]

Oi! No Body gets the better of me![/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:48 pm

placid-casual wrote:lets have a go at Newport !! (sorry Milly and Annis! :)

this could be a 10 pager!
I knew I was coming through Newport on saturday on the train as I saw a Huge Liverpool sign on a Pub !

That`s a house in Maindee,not too far from where Annis lives. :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:48 pm

I worked in the centre of Merthyr for 7 years and lived in Treharris, enjoyed the town and made some good friends, it's no worse than anywhere else.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:38 am

nobber wrote:I worked in the centre of Merthyr for 7 years and lived in Treharris, enjoyed the town and made some good friends, it's no worse than anywhere else.

I'm from Treharris too

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 am

Really wish some of the hatred towards Merthyr from some people on this forum would stop. Thousands of people from Merthyr, my hometown, travel to watch Cardiff play week in, week out. Coming from someone who lived there for 15 years, I've seen a lot more drama in Cardiff and Newport let me tell you. I resign to the fact it isn't the prettiest of towns, but, when people make fun of the unemployment rates there then it's just laughable. It wasn't the townspeople's fault that the iron works were closed down, was it? It will take decades for Merthyr to get back on it's feet again, or at least get close.

Merthyr was once upon a time the heart & soul of Wales, being the previous capital and all, it has some fantastic history from Richard Crawshay to Richard Trevithick. Sports people like Eddie Thomas and Howard Winstone. I love the town myself, there's no denying it has it's bad parts - mainly the Gurnos - but in terms of Cardiff City's support, Merthyr Tydfil is a vital part of it. Be grateful.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:06 am

baker wrote:Really wish some of the hatred towards Merthyr from some people on this forum would stop. Thousands of people from Merthyr, my hometown, travel to watch Cardiff play week in, week out. Coming from someone who lived there for 15 years, I've seen a lot more drama in Cardiff and Newport let me tell you. I resign to the fact it isn't the prettiest of towns, but, when people make fun of the unemployment rates there then it's just laughable. It wasn't the townspeople's fault that the iron works were closed down, was it? It will take decades for Merthyr to get back on it's feet again, or at least get close.

Merthyr was once upon a time the heart & soul of Wales, being the previous capital and all, it has some fantastic history from Richard Crawshay to Richard Trevithick. Sports people like Eddie Thomas and Howard Winstone. I love the town myself, there's no denying it has it's bad parts - mainly the Gurnos - but in terms of Cardiff City's support, Merthyr Tydfil is a vital part of it. Be grateful.

quality post m8 all the top posters come from merthyr and if all the druggies/dealers from cardiff who come up here to sell their stuff stayed away merthyr would be a happier safer place ..

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am

baker wrote:Really wish some of the hatred towards Merthyr from some people on this forum would stop. Thousands of people from Merthyr, my hometown, travel to watch Cardiff play week in, week out. Coming from someone who lived there for 15 years, I've seen a lot more drama in Cardiff and Newport let me tell you. I resign to the fact it isn't the prettiest of towns, but, when people make fun of the unemployment rates there then it's just laughable. It wasn't the townspeople's fault that the iron works were closed down, was it? It will take decades for Merthyr to get back on it's feet again, or at least get close.

my original post was purely get a reaction from fish. no other reason. :D
merthyr is lovely :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:38 pm

:ugeek: It's called banter.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:14 pm

baker wrote:Thousands of people from Merthyr, my hometown

Think the argument has now been decisively swettled in Newport's favour :lol:

Though they are both crap compared to Cardiff, tbh. We are your capital, we are your capital...

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:01 pm

North Merthyr is a rathole, South Merthyr (where I live) is the Beautiful South..... :)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Baker, most of it is too wind me up :lol:
But good post ;)

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

But good post ;)

no its not billy, its the truth, ;) its a shit hole, and the people on this board are aware of the fact :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:22 pm

milly44 wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

But good post ;)

no its not billy, its the truth, ;) its a shit hole, and the people on this board are aware of the fact :D

its a f*cking shithole end of :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:24 pm

in fact south wales is a shithole, if only i had tyaken my oppurtunity to emmigrate to New Zealand, another bad mistake in my life

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Merthyr used to have a reputation of being a hard working Town but times have changed and it isn't just Merthyr that have changed it is country wide. Its Just Merthyr is one of the worst for People on Benifits and incapacity benefit. It is a problem because i like many others are fed up paying for scroungers with our hard earned cash and that is directed at any scrounger wherever they live.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 pm

nerd wrote:
baker wrote:Thousands of people from Merthyr, my hometown

Think the argument has now been decisively swettled in Newport's favour :lol:

Though they are both crap compared to Cardiff, tbh. We are your capital, we are your capital...

You really are a moron of the highest order. Think I may pop you on ignore.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 am

I'm a Merthyr valley boy, treharris boy actually. Merthyr Tydfil is no worse than any of the other shitty towns in south Wales, actually if you look at the facilities provided in the town centre and retail areas, it's a damn site better than our neighbouring town if Pontypridd. Merthyr just gets a mass of bad press, some of it's funny, some not.
The crap press takes about unemployment, people of the sick, kids smoking, the funny press-more White socks sold in Merthyr than anywhere else in the world!

I love Merthyr, you Newport lot slagging it off should come for a night out up here it's great! Just bring a gumshield!

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:41 am

and wrap your car in bubblewrap

and baker take a chill pill, its only light hearted banter ffs :D

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:20 am

nobber wrote:I worked in the centre of Merthyr for 7 years and lived in Treharris, enjoyed the town and made some good friends, it's no worse than anywhere else.

You know that's bollocks though. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I have worked all over the UK and Merthyr is pretty close to being the worst town I worked in. To say it's bleak would be an understatement. People will argue with statistics but it's one of the poorest towns in the UK, that is evident when you visit the place.

Newport is not quite as bad, but at least the people of Merthyr are quite friendly and easy to have a conversation with. People from Newport on the whole were rude and acted like c*nts. Then again that's just from my experience working there.