Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Away Support if we go up "

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:31 pm

With bigger allocations, bigger stadiums, more interest, unprecedented adrenalin and excitement levels - will we see all the old mad heads getting back involved accompanied by some of the 'lads' who've got out of the routine due to money or bams that are now up etc......people will ensure they raise funds for Prem games, no doubt.

Our away support could be unbelieveable (even more so than now) - a good few thousand strong week in week out, the length and breadth of England would defo know we've arrived. It'd be a machine and would certainly attract alot of attention from the media etc.

Gets you up for it thinking about it... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Away support if we go up

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:39 pm

If we go up and do well, then our away support will be fantastic. However, let's not be under any illusions that, if we do badly, our away support isn't going to be thousands and thousands every week. This isn't an FA Cup run, after all, when we are guaranteed large away followings to big Premiership opposition. People will start getting fucked off if we go to places and get hammered and, although we will keep our hardcore away support, the other more casual away fans will start drifting away. I think the best way to judge what our support will be like is to watch Match of the Day. Not every Premiership club sells out their allocations except the 'bigger' clubs and I would say Stoke, Wolves and West Brom away support would be the best way of comparing our potential following

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:If we go up and do well, then our away support will be fantastic. However, let's not be under any illusions that, if we do badly, our away support isn't going to be thousands and thousands every week. This isn't an FA Cup run, after all, when we are guaranteed large away followings to big Premiership opposition. People will start getting fucked off if we go to places and get hammered and, although we will keep our hardcore away support, the other more casual away fans will start drifting away. I think the best way to judge what our support will be like is to watch Match of the Day. Not every Premiership club sells out their allocations except the 'bigger' clubs and I would say Stoke, Wolves and West Brom away support would be the best way of comparing our potential following

Take your point...i do think though at least the first half of the season would be amazing and something to remember defo! :| :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Its not as easy as you think to get away tickets at the top 6 Premiership clubs...no probs at Bolton or Wigan but at some clubs we get far less than you would imagine...Pompey fan told me it was great first 3 seasons but got more and more expensive(£55 at Chelsea for example) that Pompeys away following started dropping before their relegation mostly due to costs.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:57 pm

JonScam wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:If we go up and do well, then our away support will be fantastic. However, let's not be under any illusions that, if we do badly, our away support isn't going to be thousands and thousands every week. This isn't an FA Cup run, after all, when we are guaranteed large away followings to big Premiership opposition. People will start getting fucked off if we go to places and get hammered and, although we will keep our hardcore away support, the other more casual away fans will start drifting away. I think the best way to judge what our support will be like is to watch Match of the Day. Not every Premiership club sells out their allocations except the 'bigger' clubs and I would say Stoke, Wolves and West Brom away support would be the best way of comparing our potential following

Take your point...i do think though at least the first half of the season would be amazing and something to remember defo! :| :ayatollah:

Yeah, absolutely :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Away Support if we go up "

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 pm

im scared that if we go up the fans who reguarly travel away wouldnt get tickets as would have loads of plastics fans. if we go up the club should do a priorty system going on this seasons aways done by everyfan. i think with my 20 by the end of the season i would qualify and get priority for most tickets but this idea may jus me bein selfish so i can go away games next season :D

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Now to me this is an interesting Topic.

Sorry to sound Negative in what I am about to say but its True.

IF WE GO UP .

We will get More Premier Seat Holders, Prob Sell out. Proper Glory Hunters in My Opinion. We struggle to sell these seats at the moment. 900 out of 2,500 Sold.

They Will get Priority on All Away Tickets and at the moment they are Allowed 2 each for every Premier Member, but hardly any of them go to Say Millwall/Hull/Sheff Utd/Scunthorpe etc etc.

So this is when the Loyal Cardiff City will get pushed out and miss out on his Dreams to Old Trafford/Goodison Park/etc etc
Some Premier Teams give as little as 1,500, others give 3,000, But you can be Sure these Premier Members will be going to these places.
The Loyal fan will be Ok when it comes to Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland/Wigan etc.

I Hope the Club change their policy but I doubt it.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Now to me this is an interesting Topic.

IF WE GO UP .

We will get More Premier Seat Holders, Prob Sell out. Proper Glory Hunters in My Opinion. We struggle to sell these seats at the moment. 900 out of 2,500 Sold.

They Will get Priority on All Away Tickets and at the moment they are Allowed 2 each for every Premier Member, but hardly any of them go to Say Millwall/Hull/Sheff Utd/Scunthorpe etc etc.

So this is when the Loyal Cardiff City will get pushed out and miss out on his Dreams to Old Trafford/Goodison Park/etc etc
Some Premier Teams give as little as 1,500, others give 3,000, But you can be Sure these Premier Members will be going to these places.
The Loyal fan will be Ok when it comes to Bolton/Blackburn/Sunderland/Wigan etc.

I think that's about right - the club don't want any 'unruly' element ( non hooligan ), no-one who likes a drink and a laugh - they'd prefer it if we all disappeared and were replaced by 'newer' supporters.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

IF WE GO UP .

You'll be surprised how many tickets will be available, I'll be honest, I won't be paying 50/60 quid for a ticket for Arsenal away 12.45 on a Saturday morning when its live...and I'll bet there will be loads more like that who have been going for years like I have... the first season will be a laugh, after that it will be a bore..

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

a horse with no name wrote:im scared that if we go up the fans who reguarly travel away wouldnt get tickets as would have loads of plastics fans. if we go up the club should do a priorty system going on this seasons aways done by everyfan. i think with my 20 by the end of the season i would qualify and get priority for most tickets but this idea may jus me bein selfish so i can go away games next season :D

Ambassadors should get priority next season for all away games (I'm NOT an ambassador, by the way) as they have put their money in already

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:

IF WE GO UP .

You'll be surprised how many tickets will be available, I'll be honest, I won't be paying 50/60 quid for a ticket for Arsenal away 12.45 on a Saturday morning when its live...and I'll bet there will be loads more like that who have been going for years like I have... the first season will be a laugh, after that it will be a bore..

Tommy, as its the first ever season, you will be stunned how many fans will want to travel and come out of the wood work.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
a horse with no name wrote:im scared that if we go up the fans who reguarly travel away wouldnt get tickets as would have loads of plastics fans. if we go up the club should do a priorty system going on this seasons aways done by everyfan. i think with my 20 by the end of the season i would qualify and get priority for most tickets but this idea may jus me bein selfish so i can go away games next season :D

Ambassadors should get priority next season for all away games (I'm NOT an ambassador, by the way) as they have put their money in already

Andy, Premier Seats will get First Priority, then Ambassadors.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Andy, Premier Seats will get First Priority, then Ambassadors.

That's just wrong. Like you say, we'll have an invasion of plastics

Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Andy, Premier Seats will get First Priority, then Ambassadors.[/quote]
That's just wrong. Like you say, we'll have an invasion of plastics[/quote]

Andy that is my biggest worry.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 pm

I didnt think about the potential of plastics, added prem club members and prices...feel a bit fukt off now! :lol:

The majority of our away support will still be hardcore because we represent Cardiff and the surrounding areas/ Valleys where the proper passionate football support like a good drink and a laugh...with more of us it will be rocking, making some of our counterparts looking civilised on match day. Imo of course... :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:32 pm

IF WE GO UP .

For once I agree with everything you have said :P . My boss is a Premier ticket holder as is the fleet manager where I work and the only game I have known them to go to was Chelsea away. I will be alright because they will sort me out for a ticket to the big games but I think there will be a lot of people going regularly this year who will struggle to get tickets if we go up apart from like you said Bolton/Blackburn etc. You will see a lot of tickets ending up on ticket websites because if a Premier ticket holder can subsidise his home season ticket by flogging 2xaway tickets for the big games you can bet that they will do it. Football is getting further and further away from being a working class man's game which is a shame because that's the game I fell in love with, not the corporate monster it is today.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Reading this has made me think (not for the first time) if I really want us to go up to the Premiership.

On reflection though it would be good just as we've never been there since it started, but I can imagine it getting pretty shit for the average supporter and £60 to go to the Emirates, f**k that for a laugh.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:45 pm

IF WE GO UP .

Maybe this is something the trust/supporters groups/travel clubs should bring up ASAP? Surely a fairer way is is say for example Man Ure away 21st April requires X amount of away games regardless if you are a premier seat holder or an away travel member. Or tickets are handled by supporters clubs coaches/Travel Clubs for your Arsenals , Manchester utd and so on.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

do you honestly think were going up :lol: i dont think so

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:25 pm

I have always said this , Its also the supporter that drives the price of tickets up . How ? simple
We the fans want us to be the best in this division right ? And most of us want that . But to get that we have to buy top quality players and then give them top money to get them to come here. Now if we go up to the prem, then that becomes even more quality players to stay there and again even more money.
And the fans want it NOW! So where are the clubs to get this money from ? Off the fans, and and the more success we have the more we want .We all have to pay for success and there is only one winner , not the club but the players and with there pay demands going up and up it has to stop some where or something has to burst, and its odd on this is going to be our wallets.
So our support home or away is going to be governed by how much success we want and how fast we want it,and how much we are willing to pay for it.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:25 pm

All i want is to get above Swansea City. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm

I think they should have a loyaty scheme, or away season ticket and not just give prem people tickets for liverpool/manu
as these will be the only games they go to.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Money dictates things in football. Premier Seat members will be top of the pile. Loyalty I doubt will not even be considered.

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I have always said this , Its also the supporter that drives the price of tickets up . How ? simple
We the fans want us to be the best in this division right ? And most of us want that . But to get that we have to buy top quality players and then give them top money to get them to come here. Now if we go up to the prem, then that becomes even more quality players to stay there and again even more money.
And the fans want it NOW! So where are the clubs to get this money from ? Off the fans, and and the more success we have the more we want .We all have to pay for success and there is only one winner , not the club but the players and with there pay demands going up and up it has to stop some where or something has to burst, and its odd on this is going to be our wallets.
So our support home or away is going to be governed by how much success we want and how fast we want it,and how much we are willing to pay for it.

That is a very good point! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm

As far as i'm concerned if we go up then they should look at the length of years that people have been season ticket holders. The likes of Annis, Dai Hunt etc who have been there since the year dot deserve first dibs on away tickets (cant see Annis and Dai sharing a seat on the forum bus).

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 pm

been going since 1976/7 away games, use to be mad you wont get trips like
them any more. be interesting to see if they do go the corparate way or try
and look after the fans who been the years away and home.

remember the names in 70's, bozzer, stabber, nice and nuts cant see
them fitting in any more, and I think is name was dai a punk at one
stage alway in trouble first one in a fight, last I remember seeing him was man city
in cup eighties when francis played for them

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:44 pm

From Facebook

Vince Alm

Usual everyone would have been to every away game fr the last 50 years for the 3000 allocated for man u man c, everton, liverpool, chelsea, and then wolves blackburn bolton, wigan, blackpool, west brom, sunderland etc we be lucky to take between a thousand to 1500 especially on a monday night or midweek?

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 pm

as soon as cardiff city are part of the premier league believe you me every football fan in wales will wanna know. we'v got the biggest potential for support anywhere in the UK , because we represent wales , ireland and scotland if we become a non english side playing in the premier league alot of celt minded fans will Root for cardiff all across britain

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 pm

yer your right vince , I usualy go about 7/8 away games these days, use to go to more, but as most
people work comes first, but my point is that the people who go away every game should be given the
chance to conntinue if we get prem, and not give the 2500 prem sets first option as this would take
up most of the seats for man u liverpool and the big gammes.

I know money talks in the prem so I expect they will get first option.

but iot would be good if the club looked at the fans who have traveled over the last few seasons,
or even loyalty scheme next year.

will the supporters club be talking to the club about this if we do go up

Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:28 pm

I think our away support is decent even for this league, getting up at the likes of 6 in the morning for shitholes like Hull etc. is a standard Saturday for most people now and we always do our best to make a great atmosphere so i would love to see how many we would take to places like Wigan. If Blackpool can sell places out then i'm sure we can and we'd make much more of an atmosphere than those bastards.